Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Markus' Sermon to Crusade (Public)(Moderate)

Iamme123

Villager

IC Details:

New, crudely written flyers have been posted throughout inns, taverns, and chapels of the areas left alive in Altera. On them: a message, which reads:

"To those devout to Crusade, join your brother in holy sermon. We are gathering at the chapel located on Heaven's Reach, for two days at the end of each week. Those who miss the first can make worship on the second, so do not fear that your devotion will go unchecked. We will give prayers to Crusade, sharing our stories of worship so that we can revel in war's excellence. The truly devout will even bring offerings to the Unconquerable. Your brother eagerly awaits your arrival."
- Markus Reed

Description: Players will gather at the chapel closest to the castle in Heaven's Reach to tell their stories of war, bring offerings to Crusade, and generally give worship.
Time of event: This will be an ongoing event every weekend. The time it is held at can be adjusted every weekend depending on what fits most people the best as this (hopefully) gains popularity. Below will be the next weekend it will happen, and what time it will occur.
Purpose: The reason I am holding these sermons is to bring closer those who worship Crusade with a zeal greater than your everyday worshiper. The end game is to attempt a summon with sufficient offerings from war. ie) severed heads, a belt of 100 ears, weapons from slain enemies, etc.
Those invited: All are invited to worship Crusade. You will be welcomed with open arms.
Rating: Peaceful
Side Notes: Times may change based on my schedule. I currently work a 40 hour week with half a dozen people that give me odd jobs every now and again. Most likely each of these will be held in the evenings unless I can find a replacement preacher to hold one of the days earlier than when I am available. I would also greatly appreciate an RSVP for which days you are going, all in order to get a headcount to determine whether to hold or cancel the meeting, or what times would work best.

<Next Weekend Worship will be held>
Days- July 2nd (Saturday) and 3rd (Sunday)
Times- EST: Starts at 6:30PM each night. GMT: Starts at 11:30PM each night.

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I'm all for peaceful events, I'm the guy who will back that no matter what. However I will bring up the apparent contradiction in a peaceful event to the God of War. Given that the folks who worship him tend to be violent individuals and he commands you to
3. Thou shalt make prayer upon bloodshed, and let bloodshed be prayer.
4. Thou shalt make choice with actions, not words.

A peaceful event forces you to only say things not do a terrible lot. Violent RP can't happen at one of these and that's kind of a big deal for Crusade. If you have a plan by all means but I would recommend bumping it up to moderate at least.

Iamme123

Villager
I'm all for peaceful events, I'm the guy who will back that no matter what. However I will bring up the apparent contradiction in a peaceful event to the God of War. Given that the folks who worship him tend to be violent individuals and he commands you to
3. Thou shalt make prayer upon bloodshed, and let bloodshed be prayer.
4. Thou shalt make choice with actions, not words.

A peaceful event forces you to only say things not do a terrible lot. Violent RP can't happen at one of these and that's kind of a big deal for Crusade. If you have a plan by all means but I would recommend bumping it up to moderate at least.
I wasn't going to say anything right now in order to not dissuade people, but the gift they brought to Crusade would be their blood. At the beginning of the sermon, Markus was going to cut his hand and pour blood into a chalice as 'bloodshed,' and invite all others in attendance to do so to. It wouldn't be necessary of course, but would be frowned upon if not done. Again, this OOC knowledge, so no one show know IC. I wanted to clarify.

And to just touch on the actions instead of words, I also planned on slowly converting the worshipers that came to meetings regularly into a warband to go fight the undead, in the name of Crusade. I just needed to get to know people ICly in order to determine whether they can be of service to Markus or not, hence the story telling. And Crusade hates Skraag and the undead, but loves war. What better action to appease him than wage war on the undead?

Last edited:

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I wasn't going to say anything right now in order to not dissuade people, but the gift they brought to Crusade would be their blood. At the beginning of the sermon, Markus was going to cut his hand and pour blood into a chalice as 'bloodshed,' and invite all others in attendance to do so to. It wouldn't be necessary of course, but would be frowned upon if not done. Again, this OOC knowledge, so no one show know IC. I wanted to clarify.

And to just touch on the actions instead of words, I also planned on slowly converting the worshipers that came to meetings regularly into a warband to go fight the undead, in the name of Crusade. I just needed to get to know people ICly in order to determine whether they can be of service to Markus or not, hence the story telling. And Crusade hates Skraag and the undead, but loves war. What better action to appease him than wage war on the undead?

hey, I like the idea of you event and think its beautiful, host it how you're going to host it my dude

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Would it be alright if we bring a animal sacrifice? Like a cow or a horse?
Probably wouldn't be allowed to bring such into Heaven's Reach, no.

Although, I don't know exactly, I suppose if the meat were provided to the city afterwards?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I didn't realise it was today. This is starting around about now?

Iamme123

Villager
Due to the violent nature of the event being held today, the nature of this will be changed. Main post will be edited by tomorrow, and tomorrow's event may or may not be postponed until next weekend.