Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Melba

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
General Information:

Name: Melba, Fae for Miracle

Titles: N/A

Race: Caparii, Greathorn

Sexuality: Straight

Current Residence: Veraci

Relationship Status:
Single

Physical Appearance:

Height: 5'6

Weight: 135 lbs

Eye Color: Brown

Skin Color: Tan

Shape of Face: Rectangular

Distinguishing Features: Her head is adorned with gray spiraled horns.

Build of Body: Slender yet muscular

Hair Color: Black

Hair Style: Medium length hair angling her face towards the front.

Is Seen By Others As: Beautiful

Scars: N/A

Personality:

Likes: Grooming, looking at her reflection, and compliments

Dislikes: Being embarrassed, being called ugly, and frowning

Strengths: -
Weaknesses: -

Fears: Rejection

Values: Narcissism, Appearance

Education: Little to none

Languages: Fae, Common (Learning & Limited)

General Attitude: Prideful and overconfident but is extremely concerned about the opinions of others

Religious Inclination: Religiously-conscious

General Intelligence: Clever, but naive and too concerned with exterior features

General Sociability: Struggles with being liked because of vanity obsession

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Training & Skills:

Melba has not been trained or has specialized in any skills other than personal hygiene.

Relationships:

Relevant Family Members:

Romantic Interests: Brae

Trusted Friends:

Friendly With:
Brae

Loose Acquaintances:

Disfavored Individuals:

Hated:

Wary Of:

Last edited:

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Chapter 1 – The Beginning

I entered the world in a field of flowers. Red, blue, white, and—most importantly—gold flowers surrounded me as I made my grandiose entrance. My mother named me Melba as I was her miracle child: beautiful, clever, and—especially—beautiful. I was spoiled. Showered with gifts ranging from jewelry to my personal favorite, compliments, I knew I was beautiful. At dawn, I would travel to the nearest field picking flowers to adorn my precious, dainty horns. Around mid-day, I’d spend my time grooming myself; often, I would spend a few hours brushing my hair as well as my charcoal-colored fur. By the afternoon, I would be lounging on my favorite rock as I savored the reality of my exquisiteness. As dusk came, I would spend the last few hours of light near the lake staring at my loveliness.

One evening during my dusk routine, I was interrupted. As I whispered to my reflection, “You are beauti-,” a deep, callous laughter boomed. “What are you doing?” he roared.

I frowned. Frowns are unflattering to those of my complexion, but I was aggravated to the change of my routine. Whomever decided to disturb me isn’t worth the effort of looking away from myself. As I attempted to tune out the stranger, he approached with heavy footsteps and a continued, incessant chuckle. The still lake began to echo and ripple like my mood as the despicable approached. I closed my eyes. A few moments away from myself would be better than exposing myself to such a heinous figure.

The stranger stood behind my neck; his heavy, moist breath caused all of the fur on my body to stand on end—disgusting!

“I’ll admit,” he cackled, “you aren’t the worst little lady I’ve seen.” My face rushed with blood—red from embarrassment and rage. “I believe the words you meant to say was, ‘You are average’.” He howled with laughter.

“Go away!” I grunted, clenching my teeth together in spite. “I don’t need you here!”

“I know that little lady,” he snorted. “You’re pretty content with yourself. I’ll just be on my way.” As I began to gain control of my temper, I could hear the stranger step away, and I began to open my eyes. Hopefully, there was still some light left in the day to see my lovely reflection.

Before I could completely open my eyes, I could hear the stranger running towards me, followed by the rough sensation of being shoved into the still lake, disrupting the tranquility. Gasping for air as I pulled my head up, all I could see of the stranger was two great, big horns and all I could hear was that wicked, callous laughter.

Chapter 2 – A Frenzied Chase

As soon as I lifted my drenched head from the frigid lake, I watched the hellion gallop away laughing at me…humiliating me. As he fled the scene of the crime, my cheeks flushed: red with embarrassment and rage. My rage boiled and bubbled like a witch’s caldron. I wanted to scream to the world; I wanted to take control.

My enmity for this foul creature formed a version of myself that I’ve never been familiar with: unbridled like a wild horse. My temper became rampant, and I found myself blinded by vengeance. Despite the figure being yet but a shadow now, I followed the horned-beast. I ran with purpose—with hatred. The forest shifted into blurs; my surroundings began to change into lands unfamiliar to the small regions of my routine. My emotional marathon led me to a chaotic end: disoriented and in a place that I would now know as “Storm’s Landing”.

My frenzied chase after the Greathorn led me to this settlement. It was large and extravagant compared to the natural world I resided in. I couldn’t see the figure any longer. I must have lost him as my temperament obscured the direction in which he evaded me. I paused for a moment. … For the first time in my life, I saw the sea; the sound of the ocean crashing against the wooden docks calmed me. It was dark, and I had no indication of how long I had pursued my assailant. As I clopped my hooves against pavement, I stumbled upon an establishment filled with individuals different from myself.

I heard voices along with clinks of glass mugs and heavy laughter. I walked into the establishment as my hair dripped from my encounter with the demon. I recognized some of the foreign tongues as “common”, but I failed to understand another dialect spoken between these strangers. I wish I had heeded the language lessons taught to me by my mother, but at the time, I felt that as a beauty I did not need to bother myself with studies. I never believed that I would leave home; somehow life decided to throw me a bone.

I spent a few hours in the dark listening to these strangers. I did not engage. I did not understand. One of them had huge tusks that terrified me; he (I think he was a he) was strange looking. Several of the others had pointed ears and conversed amongst themselves. Eventually, I grew tired and bored, so I left and traversed on the pathways back to the sea. The sound of the sea lulled me to sleep. I could rest comfortably at last.

Chapter 3 – Mistaken Identity

I spent a few weeks lingering around the harbor. I watched more strangers come and go, but I could not communicate with them. I had tried to return home; I was embarrassed and frustrated that I had lost myself both mentally and physically. I am still beautiful of course, but my grooming became weaker with my current situation of residing by the sea. My Caparii musk overwhelmed many who past by, but at every attempt of leaving, I would find that I would always walk in a circle no matter what direction I started in. The gods must have damned me here.

I often frequented what in Common was called a tavern. I would sit and listen every now and then to the conversations in attempt to communicate. I disliked not looking my best, but I was stuck here in this city. The man behind the counter often would begin to shout at me, but I wouldn’t leave for I did not understand most of what he said, and I would always return after another night by the sea.

One day in particular after pestering the man behind the counter, another Caparii waltzed in wearing a fool’s suit. His costume was blue and gold, but he seemed familiar. As my eyes drifted towards his horns, I was taken aback. It was him—the demon who damned me here. The fiend who shoved me.

“You…” I growled at him in Fae. “You… are the one who shoved me!”

The Greathorn turned with a puzzled expression. “Me..? I think you are mistaken.” It wasn’t long before his puzzled expression turned into a soft smirk, but I wasn’t focused on his expression. My mood turned, and like the crazed state that I followed that demon, I clenched my teeth and was blinded by my own rage.

“Of course. It was you. I would recognize those horns anywhere!” I wickedly smiled. I felt such an evil glee. I had found the source of all my problems. I had found the bastard. He simply chuckled and told me that he hadn’t be around for a while and was busy with responsibilities elsewhere. Then, he told me his name, Brae, and ordered me a drink by the man behind the counter whose name was “Jack”. The drink was strong, which I disliked, but it was a gift nonetheless.

Brae offered me shelter. I doubted his kindness at first. I did not look my best, and I was damned with the pungent odor of wild Caparii. He simply smiled at me and told me bluntly that I could either accept his offer or remain sleeping by the seaside. I accepted. What else was I to do?

We then left together heading to a place called Veraci.

Last edited: