Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mentis Lumine; The Search for Enlightenment

malldar

I think I might like it here
Name: Malldar
Nickname/Alias: Annoying Goodie Two Shoes Priest
Race: Human
Height: 5 foot 8 inches
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Blue as the calm sky
Skin: He is the tanned color of those who work long days in the fields
Identifying Marks: His body is covered in Black and Grey tattoos. These are symbolic of his journey of enlightenment and hold magical secrets known to those of the Mentis Lumine Order of which he is a student.
Appearance: A well built young man whose body was shaped by hard labor in the fields of the monastery in which he grew up. He shaves his head bald as per the requirements of his faith. His Tattoos are partially covered by a simple short sleeved open front red ankle length tunic. He prefers white trousers and simple foot ware. He keeps up his physic with daily practice and hard labor in the fields.

Strengths: His daily physical training and meditation have sharpened him into a fierce warrior. The prayers to She Who is Beyond Names give him access to a small group of spells mostly healing and defense. He is as strong as an Orc, as fast as an Elf and as nimble as a cat.
Weaknesses and fears: While being strong, fast and having some knowledge of Magic he is most certainly not all powerful and not as strong as the masters of his order. He fears the closeness of friendship and human interaction. To those who casually know him he is aloof and friendly but distant. But he is overprotective of the few friends he dose keep. He will protect them with all he has and fears only the loss of his friends.
Religion and cults: Mentis Lumine is an order of monks dedicated to self enlightenment and the magical arts. They believe in the goodness of life and seek to become in tuned with the life around them through prayer and meditation. Prayers are said to any gods of any race that seek to preserve life, protect the innocent, or meet the needs of the current situation. The order dose not put any of these gods above the other so as to invite any race in to their fold, but do offer most of their prayers to Vermella, She Who is Beyond Names for the gift of Magic and Skeira for her healing gifts and guidance in physical combat.
Profession: Monk, healer, farmer, holy man all of these describe him.

malldar

I think I might like it here
Ama Rivetos, the ghost town of Lindisfarne. One might wonder how a monk came to live in this former town of bandits. To understand this you must know the monk himself and why he feels it is his duty to be here.
Some years ago, a boy of 10 years attends to a soldiers wounds.
"Master why do we heal this mans wounds? He and his comrades attacked us without provocation.". "True we did not provoke them pupil but do they have no reason to attack us at all?" The old man smiles as the look of puzzlement crosses the young boys face. "But he is evil and we defeated him and his comrades in fair battle. Should we not leave them to their fates as determined by the gods?". Again the old man calmly, patiently replies "You seek only answers to satisfy the hate inside you. Search your self deeper.". The boy closes his eyes and draws in deep soothing cool air.

A scream had pierced the morning meditations. A group of about 30 men in soldiers' uniforms and drawn weapons were descending upon the small monastery and its 10 inhabitants. The men looked tired, disheveled and desperate. The 4 elder monks began to chant and Master LLewyan step in front of us with the other elders. The soldiers with spears were in front and they hit first. Crack!!

The spears splintered against the elders bodies leaving only scratches. The soldiers hesitated for a second shock crossing their faces. This was a mistake. In that second Master Grod's huge green right arm grabbed one of the soldiers by his chain mail and whipped him around sending him flying back into his comrades. Master Dringol, moving faster than even an elf should be able, dove into the opening and knocked out 2 soldiers before they even knew he was there.

Master Goldsmith jumped at the nearest foe, his short legs coming down with a thud as he pulled the soldier he grabbed to the ground. The rest of the soldiers panicked at the sight of their comrades being dispatched so easily. "No, stand your ground men." came a call from the rear. "We know the beast is here. He hides inside. He has tainted the monks minds to defend him." This snapped the soldiers out of their daze and they rallied again.

The soldiers surround the small group of men and boys. "Attack." came that same voice and the soldiers charged in. The five masters began their dance of martial prowess, deflecting blows and dispatching the enemy with grace and ease. Despite their effort one soldier broke through and assaulted Gruts the youngest of us. The sword slid into his belly with little effort. I felt the heat of my blood rise with in me. Tears filled my vision and anger filled my heart. I moved almost as fast as Master Dringol.

Crunch. A scream of deep pain as I break the knees. Still hot with anger I move to kill with my next blow. But it never connects, a hand grasps my wrist and I black out. I do not know how the rest of the battle went but I do know the masters defeated the soldiers and took in the wounded. The man whose knee I had broken was their leader and the rest of the soldiers did not put up much of a fight after he was wounded.

The masters performed the ceremony to The Blind Queen to guide Gruts and sent his ashes into the wind. After, everyone went back to tending to the soldiers and I was assigned to tend to the man I wounded. The vision of what he did to Gruts burned in my mind. But then twinge on the edge of my mind. Something the man said. The beast hides inside. What beast did the man seek?

"You begin to see young child. Let go your hate and clear its fog from your mind. The answer is already in front of you." the soft voice of Master LLewyan eased into my meditation. A man two nights ago had come seeking shelter. He was no ordinary man but a werewolf. The gift of sight all mages have and granted to us by She Who is Beyond Names showed the aura around him. The blood on his conscious stained the innocent soul that once was. The beast's darkness clawing at the surface ready to rip the skin open and be free.

I remember Master LLewyan smiling and placing an arm around the mans shoulders to lead him inside. I still didn't know why we took him in. Master LLewyan showed him to a room and made sure he was supplied for the night before locking him in. The angry howls woke me up that night. In them I could hear pain, anger and death. The next morning Master LLewyan made sure the man had enough supplies for his travels and sent him on his way.

"You see child. They hunt the werewolf." Master LLewyan said. "Why did we let him stay Master?" "Because child, it is not our place to put final judgement on a soul. He must have the chance to redeem his wrong doings. Also there is a delicate balance to the Universe. One that must be maintained else the whole of creation be consumed in darkness." The Master saw the look of confusion on my face.

"You have studied the creatures in the wild young one?" "Yes Master. I watched them like Master Dringol showed us." "Then you know the pattern of things. Some animals consume the life of the plants. Those animals are consumed by other animals. And animals return to the earth to feed the plants." he continued in his soft voice. "So things are in the greater picture of the World. With out this balance chaos would take over and destroy everything."

I began to understand, but the pain of loss still turned in my stomach. "Perhaps it is time your lessons took a new approach." Master LLewyan said. "It is time you left us and sought your on path." here he paused for a moment. "Be ready to leave in the morning." My heart sank low inside my chest. This was my home. What would I do? Where would I go? I fought back the tears and nodded in compliance.

The next day everyone gathered to send me off. Master Dringol gave me some seeds to start a garden where every I made my home. Master Grod gave me a copy of the fighting stances to study and perform everyday. Master Goldsmith gave me a small amount of money and a sturdy sword. Master Ericson gave me books of meditations and spells. Master LLewyan gave me copies of the Scrolls of the Gods, so that I may study them and teach those I meet of the Gods. The other students had worked together and made a new pair of shoes for me.

Master LLewyan then gave me these final words. "You must learn to accept loss little one and rely on the strength given you by the gods. Go and find your place in the world. And remember, It is our duty to keep the chaos in check and balance the world." At this I set off to find my destiny. I traveled for a week before I noticed I had forgotten my most prized possession. A ring my parents left with me at the monastery. I struggled with the idea of returning to get it. In the end I turned around. I knew Master LLewyan would not be angry if I returned for it.

When I got back to the monastery there was not much left of it. The ground and remains told the story. A much larger group of soldiers came seeking revenge for the soldiers that were beaten. I did not see any bodies of my young friends but all the masters lay dead. Tears filled my eyes and I went to the body of Master LLewyan. There was peace on his face and as I grabbed his hand I felt something. There in his closed hand was the ring I came back for. I took the ring and ran from that place. I ran for a time I can not measure. When I finally stopped I wept for the loss of my only known family.

I wandered for many years after that until I heard stories of a once great monastery that was destroyed some time ago. A voice inside me urged me to find this place and make it great again. So I set off to find my new home. I came upon the smoldering ruins of a town after some time and there in the midst of its ashes were two people. The memory of my home being destroyed came forward in my mind and I took pity on them. I promised to stay and help rebuild the town. While clearing the debris we came upon a foundation to a building that neither one of them remembered.

I took out a sketch of the monastery I was searching for and was greatly surprised to see the foundation matched the sketch. I asked my new companions if they would help me rebuild it to its former glory. The female spoke up and said "Yes. We will rebuild this place and make a haven here for those who seek rest." A fire was in her eyes and I saw there a potential for both great good and great chaos. I knew then my place. I would remain here to rebuild what was once destroyed and watch over this woman. I would make sure the chaos remained in check.

Tchel

Queen of the Wilds
*Claps* Reminds me a bit of the show Kung Fu! Which I might have to watch yet again.

Also... I love it when I'm included in other people's stories. Sates my vanity. :D

Zotikos

Settling in Altera
This story is simply great. Even if I am just mentioned as a man standing in the background :p lol. I'm loving it so far and can't wait to hear more.