Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Minecraft 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevey

With the 1.8 update in sight things are going to change on the server. We are moving to a new map and basically starting over to make use of the new biome generation code.

You can read more on what we are doing in 1.8 here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/what-we-are-doing-when-1-8-comes-out.2447/

I understand it's sad to see your work being wiped for the new map, but you can also see this as an opportunity to start over and create new things. Minecraft is not just about building, but also about working together and creating new things. Now that we have towny I've seen people put a lot more effort and thought into their towns. This has only increased when we announced the server wipe.

I'm hoping on the new map people will work together to create good looking towns with a theme. We already have a lot of 'human' towns planned, so I am inviting players to start thinking of some non-standard towns. For example a Dwarven City, or Tree elves etc. you don't always have to stick to a city with walls.

When 1.8 comes out expect to see a lot of new things happening. When the plugins are working correctly we will be introducing quests as a way to earn money (repeatable and chain quests) and there will be more RP events, dungeons etc. I am also expanding on the Abrylos world story.

Our Loremaster Fitz has created a transition story into 1.8, check it out here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?...vent-the-containment-of-hell.2554/#post-14447
Once we switch over to the new map he will need all your help !

We also want to put more RP into the server, Laiyla Fay has put up some RP guidelines for this. I suggest you check it out here: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/roleplay-in-hollowworld.2562/

I think all of these rules are based on common sense to create a better roleplay experience for everyone. Just like our rules regarding building and towny, they are there to provide a better overall experience on the server.

We will be releasing a map file of the server as it was on Wednesday the 7th of September. Port Silver will be taken out of this file.

1.8 is expected to be out on monday. Bukkit update will be instant after that, but we have to wait for our core plugins to be updated. Personally I don't expect this to take longer than a few days, but it's something out of our hands. We will be doing our best to bring the new map up as soon as possible.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
wrong, sigs are for cool people, and for organizations. Just look at my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.