Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Moderate) A Hero’s Return: January 21st, 3 PM CST

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Posters are set up in Storm’s Landing and Mockingbay, while a crier speaks the same words in Valerius...

In recognition of his glorious achievements to the Dominion, the Basileos has decided to hold a Triumph in honor of Antonides Hostilius Herennius; Tribunus of Valerius and Katepano of the Nemesis!

Alongside our honorable allies, Antonides bombarded Queensport and successfully helped to destroy its ships, before braving the frozen north to garrison Campus Stoltfar.

For such feats, Antonides will be awarded the Green Laurel and a holiday to mark the day of the bombardment.

Further, all legionaries and allies who fought under the command of Antonides are invited to the Triumphal Feast, and will receive a monetary reward!

OOC: Date set to January 21st, 3 PM CST, this event is marked as moderate until further notice.
Will need people to temp as legionaries to make sure no shenanigans take place. All are invited to witness the ceremony and take part in the feast.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
We did not have a navy though it was just merchant ships : (
Merchant ships can and have been used as naval ships- even if they were for transport. Knocking them out would destroy any fast and easy way to Stoltfar other than walking. It was a victory anyways.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Maybe but we've never had a navy and a ship that went to (for example) Ruby Isles wasn't ever made to be used by Kane as a navy ship- It wasn't ours to use. We also had a Hawklight ship and a ship to Amaranthine which was a Wise vessel and we did not use those as our navy either obviously. Just saying.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Update!

I’ve decided that after the feast, there shall be mock gladiatorial fights. No one will be killed or seriously injured, of course (fun fact, most historical gladiators survived their fights, as it would be ridiculous for lanistas to kill off someone they poured lots of money into training). All weapons will be blunted and padded.

Like historical gladiators, many will have little armor and specific weapons to fit their role. They will also resemble a stereotype of certain nationalities, to add some flare. You’ll have to find or make your own skin. I have a few skins, as well.

1. A Sangrian Soldier~
- Chainmail hauberk with a Norse style helmet (spangenhelms with eyeguards, Norman helmets, etc). Gambeson.
- A halberd

~ Four blows to the chest is considered a “kill”.
~ Or knocked to the ground.

Jazzper has taken the role of Sangrian.

2. An Azerwindian Knight~

- A chestplate and greaves, Great helm with a little hook on the top.
- Sword and heater shield.

~ Must have his helmet knocked/pulled off to be considered a “kill”.
~ Or be knocked to the ground.

3. A Spearman of House Wise~

- Chainmail hauberk, turban and Persian-style helmet. Gambeson
- Spear and oval
shield
~ Spear must be taken away from him.
~ Or be knocked to the ground.

4. A Dominion Legionnaire~

- Lamellar hauberk and greaves, gambeson. Ridge helmet.

- Mace (wooden club, for safety) and flattop kite shield.

~ Must be smacked with his mace 4 times
~ Or knocked to the ground

5. A Stoltfar Tribesman~

- Boiled leather chestplate and gambeson. Nasal helmet.
- Greatsword

~ Like the spearman, the greatsword must be taken away from the Tribesman.
~ Must be knocked to the ground.

In the event that an opponent is simply too large (Earthspawn) to be knocked to the ground, six hits will be sufficient.

Anyone attending can be a gladiator, they just need to send a letter to Theodosius, this means you don’t have to be a Sangrian to fight as a Sangrian. The winner receives his or her choice of an amphora of the Herenii’s finest wines or a prize of 300 radiants.

Only one player per role.

Each gladiator has three “lives”. Whoever is left standing wins.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Also, setting this to Sunday the 21st of January. 3 PM CST.

That’s 4 PM EST.

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
It occurs to me that should I have all the stuff necessary to rp as Nonus by that point, it might be best for me to bring him to this? Which, uh, obviously means I wouldn't be able to temp :confused:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
It occurs to me that should I have all the stuff necessary to rp as Nonus by that point, it might be best for me to bring him to this? Which, uh, obviously means I wouldn't be able to temp :confused:
Acknowledged! That’s oki :heart:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
(fun fact, most historical gladiators survived their fights, as it would be ridiculous for lanistas to kill off someone they poured lots of money into training).
Assuming that you're basing this off of Roman history, given how much inspiration you are using for your region from Rome, this is not completely true. more gladiators survive than people think, yes, but it's not because of training and money, it's simply because they put up a good fight. When one gladiator downs another and is able to put the other into a situation of "I can kill you with one movement, but I stopped at the last minute." then someone (In some cases it was the emperor, when he wasn't there it was someone else, but I can't find any concrete source for this part) judged whether they fought well or not. If you fought well, you got a second chance, you weren't spared entirely. If you didn't fight well, then you died. There was a significant amount of death in Gladiatorial combat, this was due in most part to the fact that these people weren't average citizens, they didn't sign up to do this. Most gladiators were prisoners of war, criminals, etc. and were made to fight for the good's entertainment.
I do not seek to derail your thread, I do not seek to spam or shitpost it... but I will correct you if your history tidbits are inaccurate.
History lesson aside, I will be sorely disappointed if you do not meet any sort of disobedience against orders or unruliness in the line of duty with decimation.

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
gonna ignore the people being willing to celebrate a bombardment rather than a general victory, thus celebrating the singular act of destruction of merchant vessels/killing of people who may not have been involved, and correct this.

Assuming that you're basing this off of Roman history, given how much inspiration you are using for your region from Rome, this is not completely true. more gladiators survive than people think, yes, but it's not because of training and money, it's simply because they put up a good fight. When one gladiator downs another and is able to put the other into a situation of "I can kill you with one movement, but I stopped at the last minute." then someone (In some cases it was the emperor, when he wasn't there it was someone else, but I can't find any concrete source for this part) judged whether they fought well or not. If you fought well, you got a second chance, you weren't spared entirely. If you didn't fight well, then you died. There was a significant amount of death in Gladiatorial combat, this was due in most part to the fact that these people weren't average citizens, they didn't sign up to do this. Most gladiators were prisoners of war, criminals, etc. and were made to fight for the good's entertainment.
I do not seek to derail your thread, I do not seek to spam or shitpost it... but I will correct you if your history tidbits are inaccurate.
History lesson aside, I will be sorely disappointed if you do not meet any sort of disobedience against orders or unruliness in the line of duty with decimation.

Thank you. I’m not too familiar with the gladiatorial side concerning Roman history. As much of a history lover as I am, I cannot confess to being a savant (yet).

ALSO UPDATE:

Parade canceled since Antonides hates parades.
Feast and stuff is still on tho.

STILL NEED GUARDS

Last edited: