Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Monty Python

D

Deleted member 61

Yay! There's no thread for Monty Python! (but maybe that's due to age restriction :S) A lot of people on the server may or may not of heard of Monty Python, but basically. It's quite an old sketch starring (only I think) Graham Chapman, John Cleese,Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin. The show was first broadcasted on the BBC in 1969 and ran all the way into 1983. In this amount of time they moved to different mediums instead of television and produced many famous films such as The Life of Brian and The Holy Grail (which is medieval themed ;D). They also got into theatre, audio recordings and books! If you've never seen Monty Python here are a couple suitable examples of them.

Ministry of Silly Walks (one of my personal favourites)

Dead Parrot (not for those sensitive to puppet animals appearing lifeless)

I hope everyone can get something out of this! :D Share your own favourite sketches!

Hoptoad

Legend of Altera
I'm a huge fan of Monty Python; they're bloody brilliant.

I own The Holy Grail. I've watched it nearly a dozen times. I don't own Life of Brian, but I love that movie. I think it's my favourite of the Monty Python films. I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of The Meaning of Life. I mean, it's funny and all, but it's just not the same. I didn't enjoy it much. Also, I've not seen And Now for Something Completely Different, but I've not heard good things about it and I doubt I'll get it. I do own, however, the entire Flying Circus series on DVD and I love it, it's amazing! Definitely among my top five favourite shows, without a doubt.

As for skits, I don't think I can pick a favourite... The "Ministry of Silly Walks" and "Dead Parrot" skits are definitely up there, but there's just so many good ones... I do like "Self Defence Against Fresh Fruit," "Silly Olympics," "Upper Class Twit of the Year," "Illegal Robbery," and the series of skits about irritating people. I can go on, as I'm sure you understand. :D

Great idea, coming up with this thread. Regarding Monty Python, there's just so much to discuss. Surely, no admin has a black enough heart to delete a thread about the greatest comedy group in history...

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

D

Deleted member 61

"[singing] Brave Sir Robin ran away..
*No!*
[singing] bravely ran away away...
*I didn't!*
[singing] When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled.
*I never did!*
[singing] Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about, and valiantly, he chickened out.
*Oh, you liars!*
[singing] Bravely taking to his feet, he beat a very brave retreat. A brave retreat by brave Sir Robin."

D

Deleted member 61

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries." -(so called) 'French Solider'

Axell

Lord of Altera
Actually, Head, Your signature isn't correct, this is correct.
[Green knight has a sword stabbed in his visor]
Black Knight: None Shall Pass.
King Arthur: I shall.
Black Knight: None Shall Pass
King Arthur: I am Arthur, King of Britain, now let me pass!
Black Knight: You must defeat me to pass.
King Arthur: Alright, Let's have it then!
King Arthur: *cuts off Black Knight's arm*
( so on, I'll skip to the part that Head started at)
King Arthur: Now have it, you've got no arms left.
Black Knight: It's only a flesh wound.

D

Deleted member 61

:oops: I shall fix it. Maybe to something bettah! :)

matyio

The original mute
I call that into dispute. I have the original script and that's not what it says.

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
Head, there are threads for Game of Thrones, the inbetweeners, Spartacus, and the walking dead.
Why did you think this would be considered inappropriate? :p

D

Deleted member 61

Welll, just to be safe Shadow xD I've removed the warning messages now, however. I can't remove the 'Some Content May Be Very PG-13' Would you mind taking it off? :)