Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Moving the .minecraft folder to the D: Drive

SF_Joshua

Loyal Servant of Altera
This is a thing I've been trying to do for a while that I never figured out. Does anyone know how to move the .minecraft folder to the Data (D:) Drive? I'm doing that with all my games so I can free up space on the OS (C:) Drive. I've tried dragging it, but it just reinstalls to its original location. I've also tried installing Minecraft to the location I want to install it, but again the .minecraft folder ends up in %appdata%.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Copy and paste, or drag the folder where you want it to go. Then open up your MC patcher. Click Edit Profile, and there's a line to set where the Game Directory is.

SF_Joshua

Loyal Servant of Altera
Copy and paste, or drag the folder where you want it to go. Then open up your MC patcher. Click Edit Profile, and there's a line to set where the Game Directory is.
I just did that. There are still a few things that refuse to leave %appdata%.

SF_Joshua

Loyal Servant of Altera
Like what?

-K9
-assets
-libraries
-versions
-launcher
-launcher.pack.lzma
-launcher_profiles.json

Everything else moved to the location I wanted them to go. My problem is it creates another .minecraft folder and puts all the rest back in it.

Last edited:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
-assets
-libraries
-versions
-launcher
-launcher.pack.lzma
-launcher_profiles.json

Everything else moved to the location I wanted them to go. My problem is it creates another .minecraft folder and puts all the rest back in it.
Reinstall .minecraft and specifically set out a path to somewhere in your D: Drive during the installer

Make sure to uninstall all MC things and then delete the .minecraft in appdata beforehand

-K9

SF_Joshua

Loyal Servant of Altera
Reinstall .minecraft and specifically set out a path to somewhere in your D: Drive during the installer

Make sure to uninstall all MC things and then delete the .minecraft in appdata beforehand

-K9
Didn't work.