Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nexzo - Wrongfully banned. [Attn. Fitz]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexzo

Villager
So Basically I went to the mine-cave and started to dig. I was looking for Iron to create an Iron Pickaxe, you can ask Officerpoopface I asked him If I could loan some Iron but he needed it all for himself, so I went to the mine and started to dig for Iron, I eventually found four Diamonds and was quite happy when I found it. I digged it away and than I got banned for cheating.

I never cheated on Minecraft. To be honest, I don't know how to cheat with progams on minecraft . I have only one mod installed which is a texture mod.

I will post a video soon, It's uploading on youtube now.

Edit video. I started to record this after I was banned(kicked from the server) :

OfficerPoopFace

Lord of Altera
I am supporting this as a witness of his events. 10-20 minutes before this happened, I was mining together with him in the same shaft, and we're both friends, live in the same country and are on ventrilo all the time, and we've only been digging random 2x1 tunnels in order to find resources. Read the arguments below:

- Nexzo is quite new to minecraft, doesn't know where to find an xray pack just like that and has never used that before.
- Secondly, he died several times by lava before this ban occured. Why would he fall into lava if he uses an Xray pack? With an Xray pack you'd see lava aswell, thus being aware of it and you wont fall in it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
- Also torches were placed to lit the area up. Why placing torches when you're using an xray pack? You can see straight trough all cubes! No torches mandatory, I guess. Look at the picture below. (I didn't take the screenshot, got it from google images)

- Now digging random tunnels doesn't mean that it's impossible to find diamonds. If you dig between the 16th and 5th layer in Minecraft, then there is a chance that you will find diamonds, as those are the layers which diamonds spawn on, mostly near lava. He's been digging random tunnels all the time, and yes it's naturally possible to find diamonds by doing that, and it was a pure coincidence that he found diamonds, it was a pure coincidence that he dug himself straight to a vein of diamonds. This is possible without an xray pack.

So I don't see any reason why you should keep him banned, unless you have any hard evidence against the whole case. (But I doubt you have since he didn't use any xray mods)

tl;dr: Digging random tunnels in order to find diamond does not mean that you're using xray.

EDIT: Also, why would I be supporting Nexzo so badly if I wasn't sure wether he used xray or not? If he actually did use xray and it was being found out, then I'd risk to get banned aswell for harbouring him. I'm writing all this because he's my friend, and we both like this server, and I don't want him to be banned for something he didn't do.

L

Laiyla.Fay

I wasn't the Admin who handled this ban, however, I'll ask for people not to post any more comments on this thread.

The Admin will deal with this issue soon.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
All I will say, is as poopface wasn't involved in the banning, he has no business posting in this section.

That is all. You will have to wait for the admin who banned you.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Honestly I do, as I'm the one who witnessed this all and the only one here to support him, and the banning admin told me to take it to the forums himself.
OfficerPoopFace,

Defending a friend is not the same as bearing witness to an event. How would YOU know weather or not your pal was using an x-ray mod or texture pack? Were you sitting beside him, looking over his shoulder? A friend's act as witness is always going to be biased in favor of a friend, not so much in favor of the truth. So yes, your posting here was pointless.

Frankly, it isn't hard to find a x-ray pack. If he can find skins or texture packs, he can find an x-ray mod, or even, an x-ray texture pack.

Depending on the mod used, they don't always display lava. There are some that only show blocks that are adjacent to 'air' blocks, and air does not always = lava. How do I know this? Personal first hand experience. Here is your correction sir.

The torch argument is invalid as well, because if he were using an x-ray texture pack, it's still dark. Again, first hand knowledge.

Nexzo

Villager
OfficerPoopFace,

Defending a friend is not the same as bearing witness to an event. How would YOU know weather or not your pal was using an x-ray mod or texture pack? Were you sitting beside him, looking over his shoulder? A friend's act as witness is always going to be biased in favor of a friend, not so much in favor of the truth. So yes, your posting here was pointless.

Frankly, it isn't hard to find a x-ray pack. If he can find skins or texture packs, he can find an x-ray mod, or even, an x-ray texture pack.

Depending on the mod used, they don't always display lava. There are some that only show blocks that are adjacent to 'air' blocks, and air does not always = lava. How do I know this? Personal first hand experience. Here is your correction sir.

The torch argument is invalid as well, because if he were using an x-ray texture pack, it's still dark. Again, first hand knowledge.
I have no idea how to install the X-RAY mod and I'd never do that. Why would I hack on a server? All the fun is gone then? Tell me. I was just banned straight away without any question, I believe there is no evidence of it at all. As you can see I never used any kind of cheats in the video, thanks.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Posting a video with a lack of cheats proves nothing. None of us can do a thing about it until your banner has a moment to get online and reply, and as he's typically sleeping at this hour, you'll just have to be patient and stop posting.

I'm not you Nexzo, I don't know why you'd do something like that, or why not. Frankly, I don't understand the thought process of half of the people who DO get banned and stay banned. Sit back and be patient until Fitz can get on and have his say. When we suspect people of cheating, they don't get a warning. It's a flat out breach of the rules, and we will ban rule breakers often without warning.

OfficerPoopFace

Lord of Altera
OfficerPoopFace,

He's my friend, and I know him for a really long time and I trust him on not doing that, because it would ruin the spirit of the game. This is a matter of trust, which is also needed from your sides in order to even play on this server. Yes, you DO see lava on almost 90 percent of all xray packs because they don't make lava invisible, so you will be aware of it. Secondly, you do not need torches when using an xray mod since you can look trough everything and the background gives you light, wether it's night or day - no problem. Secondly, why is it that you all believe that he was using an xray mod so bad? Everyone can dig random tunnels and accidentally landing straight on tunnels. You are SUSPECTING him from using an Xray mod, yet you got no evidence. You cannot keep him banned without evidence, that'd be outrageous and a bad image for your entire community. (That's a fact)

And that's just because he never used Xray. Besides my correct arguments I've stated before, a little trust is needed here, and I trust Nexzo and I know what he's capable of and whatnot, and you do not. Every pair of eyes counts in cases like this. This all is just a game and we both just want to be able to play on it normally like everyone else, wether it's finding resources, roleplaying or building. He's my friend, and I want to be able to play together with him, because I tend to leave if he doesn't get unbanned.

Also, don't start a discussion with me on here after you told me I am not allowed to reply here. You forced me to break the same rule again.

OfficerPoopFace

Lord of Altera
Posting a video with a lack of cheats proves nothing. None of us can do a thing about it until your banner has a moment to get online and reply, and as he's typically sleeping at this hour, you'll just have to be patient and stop posting.

I'm not you Nexzo, I don't know why you'd do something like that, or why not. Frankly, I don't understand the thought process of half of the people who DO get banned and stay banned. Sit back and be patient until Fitz can get on and have his say. When we suspect people of cheating, they don't get a warning. It's a flat out breach of the rules, and we will ban rule breakers often without warning.
What do you actually want? You first post, awaiting him to reply and then you tell him to stop posting?

you'll just have to be patient and stop posting.
Why? Okay, so he does that. But then you post this after it:

That's purely to bait him again, getting him to reply to your post.

L

Laiyla.Fay

Officer, siese and dessist. You're just going to get yourself implicated further and get yourself a ban as well.

We've heard your points, now leave it to us.

Oh, and no one FORCED you to post again, just saying.

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
He's my friend, and I know him for a really long time and I trust him on not doing that, because it would ruin the spirit of the game. This is a matter of trust, which is also needed from your sides in order to even play on this server. Yes, you DO see lava on almost 90 percent of all xray packs because they don't make lava invisible, so you will be aware of it. Secondly, you do not need torches when using an xray mod since you can look trough everything and the background gives you light, wether it's night or day - no problem. Secondly, why is it that you all believe that he was using an xray mod so bad? Everyone can dig random tunnels and accidentally landing straight on tunnels. You are SUSPECTING him from using an Xray mod, yet you got no evidence. You cannot keep him banned without evidence, that'd be outrageous and a bad image for your entire community. (That's a fact)

And that's just because he never used Xray. Besides my correct arguments I've stated before, a little trust is needed here, and I trust Nexzo and I know what he's capable of and whatnot, and you do not. Every pair of eyes counts in cases like this. This all is just a game and we both just want to be able to play on it normally like everyone else, wether it's finding resources, roleplaying or building. He's my friend, and I want to be able to play together with him, because I tend to leave if he doesn't get unbanned.

Also, don't start a discussion with me on here after you told me I am not allowed to reply here. You forced me to break the same rule again.
Well see, here's the thing.

People do a lot of things that may 'ruin the spirit of the game' like griefing. Some cheat, others actually play the game. The spirit is specific to those who play, and is not universal to each player. Some may prefer to spelunk into caves, while others would rather build. Each person has different preferences. While yes, we do need to be able to trust our player base, others before you have colored that trust in a bad light by cheating, being caught, and being banned. When you exhibit the same behavior, how else are we supposed to feel, aside from that you are cheating?

I like that you correct me. Almost 90% of x-ray packs are not ALL x-ray packs. I never said all of them do not show lava. I said some. Personal experience.

At night, the background is dark, at least, in the ones I have used, so again, personal experience.

You used secondly twice. Just a FYI.

Thirdly, I suppose Fitz made his call because your friend acted in a manner that made him suspect cheating. We don't ban people for mining, or for finding diamonds. We ban when we feel they have been cheating to find said diamonds. What evidence are we suppose to produce for you? Neither Laiyla nor I were present. I simply said you had no business posting here, as you did nothing to actually support your friend by posting unrelated information about mods you clearly don't know a thing about, and posting irrelevant screenshots.

While you state he's never used x-ray, and he claims his video supports this, it just shows that he doesn't have an active x-ray texture pack. It does nothing to show his possible mods, as he doesn't log into Single Player to prove what appears on screen.

While you trust your friend, we are not so inclined. Every person that logs in is a potential griefer. We've had people who were just fine on the server for long periods of time, and someone makes them mad and they turn around and grief, so yes, while trust is needed, what's not needed is your attitude.

'You cannot keep him banned without evidence, that'd be outrageous and a bad image for your entire community. (That's a fact)'
'Correct Arguements'
'I tend to leave if he doesn't get unbanned'
'You forced me to break the same rule again'

All of those comments are unnecessary and color YOU in a bad light. This topic is now locked, pending Fitz's ruling on Nexzo.

For future reference, I suggest you stop and re-read your posts before you post your reply, as you telling an Admin what to do usually doesn't go over well.

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
Holy cow. Lots of posting by those who not involved. From here on out I would appreciate it if only nexzo, myself, sonkiro and admins who would like to put in their opinion on the matter at hand posted here.

Officer poopface your arguments have been heard as has your testament of character on the behalf of Nexzo and there is no need to continue. I appreciate the loyalty you are showing your friend. However a word of advice: Never argue with Queen Squeegurl, she will chew you up and spit you out, just so others can see what chewed up officer poop face looks like, then she will devour your soul.

That said, the following is what happened:

Nexzo was brought to my attention by King Sonkiro.

King Sonkiro noted on ts3 that the accused and banned had just dug a seemingly random tunnel that lead him right to diamonds. This lead Sonkiro to suspect that he may be using a mod which allowed him to know the locations of ores (aka cheating) and that he most likely knew Sonkiro was there even though he was invisible (cheating).

I have no tolerance for cheating.

This could have just been dumb luck however and needed further investigation. So I joined Sonkiro to see if it would happen again.

Nexzo had gone back to his house by the time I arrived and was either afk or engaged in a private conversation.

We waited around to see if he would end his conversation and go back to his mine or if he was just afk. Then we read 'officerpoopface nods in nexzos direction and casts a knowing grin' (not a quote of what he wrote but a paraphrase)

We thought hmmm perhaps he is in a private conversation with Officerpoopface, so after another minute or so of waiting for nexzo to start moving again I kicked him for being afk. Not to be mean just to see if he came right back or if he actually was afk. He didn't come back. So Sonkiro and I decided we would just have to look at his mine and see if there was definitive evidence there.

I asked Officer what the /me post was all about. He replied that he was just role playing something and I thought that was the best damn answer he could have given.

I then asked if he knew where nexzo mined. He said that he did as it was where he mined as well. He lead us there (though Sonkiro was invisible so to him he lead me there).

The mine was a maze, completely random twists and turns. King Sonkiro and I thought this odd but far from damning, perhaps they are just really awful miners . So the two of us, using a plugin that allows us to see changes made to blocks, investigated the mine. Again some oddities but nothing worth banning someone over.

We decided to just keep an eye on nexzo and see if it was a fluke or if it was a pattern.

I went back to my own business and sonkiro to his. A few minutes later Nexzo signed back on and Sonkiro followed him again. When he went back to mining Sonkiro informed me so I teleported to their location to find Nexzo again mining in a seemingly random direction that raised by several layers and once again lead him directly to diamond. As a side note, I would like to mention that nexzo didn't seem to be aware of the water behind the diamond which suggests he was using a mod that only allowed him to see ores and not water and lava.

The probability of mining two random tunnels that bullseye veins of diamonds, within around one minute of total mining time of each other, is so low that one must draw the conclusion he was cheating. That fact combined with the circumstantial evidence leads me to deny this ban appeal.

Perhaps I am wrong. However, when two people, who's judgement and character is respected enough on a server to give moderator and admin privileges and responsibilities, come to the same conclusion I believe it is a solid one.

I do not ban frivolously, I have only ever banned one other person and I was the 4th person to ban him.

When I ban it is for a reason.

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
I have talked to nexzo and I think he was just really lucky (or unlucky) and naive to the game still. a note to other players: It is possible to cheat and not have your mod appear in your list of mods so that is never a valid excuse, 1+1 will typically equal 2 and my unbanning him just proves one thing and it is not nexzo's innocence, it is that I'm a big softy. I think he would still be banned if another admin had been the banner.

Also officer poopface you are on thin ice as well. tread lightly my friend.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Whilst this thread is resolved I would like to weigh in on officers comments.

Simply put, they are idiotic. In future when a mod tells you to stop doing something, stop doing it. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.