Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Nid Arach] Laying Your Own Claim!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Nid Arach is back and grander than ever!
The combined effort of Jase and myself makes for a unique roleplay experience!

I'm opening Nid Arach up again for regular visits, aimed to allow people to influence what happens in the evillest region of Altera. With all-new NPCs, bringing new dynamics to the place, it's bound to be exciting: Mini-quests to be had, people to persuade, monsters to defeat, things to be found! As long as RP dictates it, everything is possible and allowed. Follow the rules of RP, and achieve whatever you want. Kill off people, introduce new people, capture animals, lay waste to entire buildings or create your own fortress IC!

1639234479849.png

I've created a plethora of different events and campaigns in this region in the past and I've distilled exactly the parts that were most enjoyable.
These most fun mechanics are the ones we'll be using whenever you enter. They're described below.
So have a read to know what you can do, besides what ordinary RP already offers. Then come and visit.

Pursue your personal goals, explore the lands, meet the unknown, fight monsters, or... lay your own claim to this land!
But do note, unknown danger may catch you by surprise and throw your plans into disarray...
Enter... NID ARACH!

Action Points
When in Nid Arach, you'll have three action points per visit per person.
Note, if you're out of points and you need points to succeed at something, you automatically fail.
The things below are what you can spend your actions on.

1 AP
Actions that alter the region significantly.
Gain entry through a locked door.
Get something from an NPC or trader.
Enter a room in the Slayer Tower.
Grab loot from an item frame.
Loot a guarded lootpoint.
Use a toolkit.

2 AP
Flee a scene, guaranteed unharmed.
Loot an abandoned loot-point

3 AP
Make the jump when you fall during parkour.
Create a shortcut somewhere.
Set or dismantle a trap.
Overpower similar level strength enemy during combat.
Create a kit.
Find an extra daily loot piece.

Loot Points
When looting a loot point, these are the possible outcomes!

Nearly Deadly trap
Wounding trap
Concussion trap
Defused trap (trap supplies gained)
Plant & Kit pieces
Object, Cloth, & Wealth piece
Weapon, Armor & Shield piece
Building Supplies.

Piece of repaired Arachian loot.

Essence of Chaos
Nid Arach is a divine region of Jishrim. The magical effect changes from day to day.

I'll roll a d12 upon your arrival, which determines what the effect of the day is!

Arachian History
Nid Arach has existed for a long time, causing it to be filled with trinkets.
Upon your arrival in Nid Arach, you'll get your daily piece of loot.

I'll roll a dice to determine what you get from the loot table.
The daily loot consists of broken pieces, 3 of the same kind repairs into an item.
The pieces are; Weapon, Armor, Shield, Object, Kit, Wealth, Cloth, and Plant.

Kits overview
When in Nid Arach, you can collect 'kit-parts'.
With 3 of these parts, you can create kits that will help you traverse this dangerous region.
These are the kits that can be made and how to use them. Once you have a kit, you can use it endlessly.

Combat Debuff kit - Use 1 AP to intimidate or distract NPC opponents for an edge in battle.
Agility kit - While parkouring, use 1 AP instead of 3 to get an extra safe from falling.
Shortcut kit - Create a shortcut with this kit, use 1 AP instead of 3.
Loot kit - Use 1 AP to choose which daily loot you get and optionally reroll once at loot-points.
Trap kit - Use 1 AP instead of 3 to set or defuse a trap.

Owned Kits:
Branko - Agility

Slayer Tower
A place of high risk and high reward, filled with monsters.

You can visit the slayer tower, where you can enter a monster room by spending one action.
Killing monsters earns you Slayer Tokens, which can be traded for valuable unique items like:
Monster slaying gear that lowers the DC of specific monsters, lures for monsters, sedatives, etc.

[LINK]

Just pm me when we're both online to have a visit.
If I'm not around, you can always ping me in this discord to get a DM :)

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
2 things of note. 1 = update to the main post. Mostly at the Action Points and loot information. 2 = the question below.

I've been suggested to ask, so I will!

For the loot, I'm making HC items and buying some off of the AuctionHouse. Someone suggested I could always ask folks to make some trinkets as loot for Nid Arach.

So if you like to contribute to this becoming a success, you can do so by making small things with the HollowCraft plugin and putting &8[Nid Arach] in front of the name, then color the name as you see fit. I mostly use &4 color. Please have the creator be Nid Arach.

I'm specifically looking for these kinds of items: armor, weapons, cloth items, trinkets, statues, rings/amulets/necklaces/armbands, and such.

Thanks in advance to anyone who would like to donate and help out. Please send your creations in game with /sendmail Bartooliinii [title]

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm free to DM between now and about 3 hours from now, most likely

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll be back to DM for this and the slayer tower on Sunday, the 9th of January!
We've got a lot of sweet new loot and lore to explore, plus extra guarded loot points, so come on by in this new year :)
Looking forward to being your DM!