Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nov 15] First Palmwood Gala

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
dish2.png

F I R S T ‏‏‎ ‎ P A L M W O O D ‏‏‎ ‎ G A L A
1604646763738.png
Following the advice of a friend given some time ago, Atrus decides to invite the gentle to the farthest reaches of the South to enjoy an evening of excess. In the cities of Linistel, Eldpoint, Linlea, Storm's Landing, Sanardu, and Queensport, posters are put up—the highest volume going to the Landing. They read thusly:

"
Mandovi House invites you to the Palmwood Sugar Plantation for the FIRST PALMWOOD GALA. Come enjoy an extravagant evening in what one scholar has claimed in her writings to be one of the "wonders of the continent," the Palmwood Botanical Palace—all the riches of the Southland will be on display for the intrigued gentle spectator. Expect complimentary drinks, both imported and house–made, as well as dancing, raffle, and feast.
This event is a formal one, and requires the purchase of an entry ticket. Attendees must wear formal dress; house colors are red, black, and green, so wearing any combination of these colors is considered most sociable. Tickets cost 2,500r and automatically enter the attendee into the raffle—extra tickets may be bought for an additional 5,000r per ticket (no limit). Raffle pot is 100,000r, winnings accessible through the Azarin Bank (as to not burden the winner with physical winnings).
We hope to see you on the 15th of Stormwind for the Gala.
Tickets for sale at Azarin Bank, Storm's Landing.
The charter for Palmwood makes port in Sanardu.
DATE || Nov 15th
TIME || Noon PST
RATING || Moderate
LOCATION || Palmwood

I may push this event out, or cancel, if it looks like there will be bad attendance.

==
RAFFLE RULES==

Mandatory buy–in is associated with the large pot OOC and keeping out the riffraff IC. Pot will not scale as additional tickets are sold. To sign up for this event,
post a screenshot of your ticket purchase, and I will add you to a list of attendees. If you end up not being able to attend, let me know ahead of time and I will refund your
payment and withdraw you from the raffle. If you want to buy additional tickets, follow the same format, but be forewarned that purchasing extra tickets puts
you "in it to win it." Meaning, if you purchase extra tickets, I will not refund them and you will be entered into the draw.
You may purchase additional tickets until directly before the draw begins to commence (it will be called IG).

Ticket holders will be assigned discrete numbers for each ticket they hold. I will stream the use of a random number generator to the main Discord server to authenticate the draw.

==GENERAL ITINERARY==

The evening will kick off with music and general socialization, then move on to dancing. Expect the usual dancing with a roll-based dance-off because
what kind of gala would it be otherwise? I'd do the "best dressed guest" but that bit doesn't work without a cohost. After that, there will be a dinner.
Then, drinks and socialization again—at this point, a scavenger hunt will be introduced. I may or may not write in a whodunnit murder mystery
but that depends on whether or not I get the time to write something that satisfies me. After that's concluded, we'll do the draw.

Post draw, the event will be "officially" over.

==DIRECTIONS==

Just ask for a TP, directions to this place are too convoluted.

==ATTENDEES & RESPECTIVE TICKET NUMBERS==

<<<Content Pending>>>​

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Posters for the event are mostly taken down, especially around the Landing. A few are left up, with the words "CANCELLED" stamped in bold red ink.

Some drama today IC makes this event impossible for myself to host, and so it is consequently postponed indefinitely.