Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

OffToSea's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
OffToSea

2. How old are you?
I turn 16 in roughly a month.

3. What country are you from?
U.S.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when an rp character has knowledge of events, items, materials, information, skills, etc. that was accessed OOC, and was learned by the player, not the character. Powergaming is giving your character unfair advantages in a situation, like doing multiple actions in a single combat turn, doing attacks that can leave permanent-damage without consent, or giving yourself incredible skills at a moment’s notice.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I’ve been looking for a roleplay server just like this for a while now, and I’m sure it will live up to its name. I like to write a lot, and think roleplaying stuff like this is a great outlet. There isn’t that much to tell about me, except that I usually play lots of medieval games such as Mordhau, Chivalry, Kingdom Come, etc… Medieval has a special place in my heart, and the addition of Fantasy really brings a whole nother level.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I did build some stuff in the past, castles, cities, lots of it on other computers that I can’t access.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was actually just looking for a minecraft server that is exactly what this seems to be.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Osam Pfeiffer

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Osam wears a green tunic with brown pants, and has some rough leather armor covering his chest under his tunic. He has a green cloak, that has seen some better days. Brown hair with a beard, and blue eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
He tried his best to keep to himself, and throughout his lifetime he was always just the normal kid. He had a normal life, normal friends, ate normal food, looked normal. He blended in. He wasn’t any assassin, or sad little orphan with noone to love, he was just an extra. A supporting character. He had few talents or special abilities. Perhaps the coming times would change that, as he left his hometown in search for some variation in his life.

Osam did the trick again. A fidget, so to speak. He did it when he was nervous, which was an emotion he was all too familiar with. As the coin revealed itself from behind his ear, he could feel his heart creeping its way up his throat, preparing to jump out at a moments notice. He was about to steal a fortune in weapons and armor, and it was all for him. The emotions he was feeling were ranging from excitement, to regret, then back to excitement, mainly because he had never done this before. He was never a thief, but hard times brought drastic measures. It was a few months after he had left Queensport, the massive debt his father built up there was too large to support their family, so he sent his children out into the world, to “Find your inner selves.” Yeah right, dad. His family wasn’t dirt poor, however they weren’t exactly nobility, either. Osam had always dreamt of daring rogues in dark cloaks, and chivalrous knights in shining armor, however, he knew he would never become one. Infact, the amount of money he was about to make stealing would secure his place in society as a scoundrel and bandit forever. However, none of that mattered anyways, he would just stick to himself, like he always did…. As the array of clinking iron and heavy boots on rough gravel traveled past him, he waited until all he heard were the chirping of the crickets in the cool nighttime breeze. As he slid into the doorway of the Local Guard Barracks, he found that everything was already gone. Used for the patrol that had just left… all gone, except a single iron pauldron, that looked a bit too big for Osam. He bent down to take the pauldron, but right as he did so, he heard a loud CLANG in the armory. He swiped the pauldron and ran out of the door, off to his small campsite just outside the borders.

As he reached his campfire, he prepared to revel in his newfound fortune, and he prepared to put the pauldron on. ‘If I just…’ ‘The strap goes around…’ ‘Maybe it’s upside down’...

As he cooked his lettuce soup in his newfound fortune, he reveled in this optimism that had so graciously blessed him with its presence. However, his optimism soon turned to pessimism. Not because the guard took everything of use, not because he was sitting in a forest eating lettuce soup out of an iron pauldron, no.

Because he had dropped his only spoon in the armory, right as the guard came back from patrol.
Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+