Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[OOC EVENT] Altera Got Talent - AGT (CANCELLED)

Would you like more or less OOC events?

• Just this one is fine

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I want less

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I want more

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Cake and wenches

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
You heard it here folks! Altera Got Talent, and that is why we should use it in the most cheesy way ever, since the television!

Altera Got Talent

What is it?
The gist of AGT is that monthly there will be held a funny OOC event, where players can express their talents, may it be drawing, writing, acting, poetry, parody songs, or whatever you can think of!
A lot is still to be planned, but to make this the best it can be; You lot will help!
Also! Everyone is welcome to be a part of this, there will be 3-4 judges and things can be funny, smart, clever or beautifully done! I would not suggest people to hold back :D

Talent show

Buzz, buzz, buzz, buzz - Four judges has buzzed, you are out! Alright- We will not play with buzzes as I prefer everyone to go through with their show. The Altera Got Talent will (probably) be the main event and will be hosted in the middle of the event!.
There will be a stage in Garden of Games and there will be chosen 4 judges, if you want to be a judge send me a private convo, and if you want to join in with something (It can be anything), you also send me a private convo. Groups are allowed.
To give our own twist, we will make it so the judges can give 0-10 votes, and after that each viewer can give 1 vote each. After each player or group has done their show, the judges will comment on it and after that the voting comes.
The time each player or group has is currently free, but based on testing there might be added a time limit, it is still to be looked at.
(WIP)

The judges
1. mokwar - I say I am ruthless, but actually I will probably give everyone 10.

2. ???
3. ???
4. ???

Archery contest! (Need host if anyone is willing)
Alright! For this one the rules are pretty simple! The best shooter wins, since this is a OOC event, the archery skill will be all OOC and based on Minecraft mechanics. There will be different lengths, the longer the shot, the more the points. The one who gains the most points with a specific amount of tries will be given the title

HW BEST ARCHER (Insert month here)
This title is will last that one month and each time this event is held, there will be a fight for the title.

Lenghts (All still to be decided, needs testing for difficulty)

Quiz show!
What did you just hear? A quiz show. That is right. Ding ding
There will one host who will read up questions for 3 teams consisting of 2 players. Each team will get a specific amount of time to answer the question and can speak freely with each other. That is right, no help from the viewers in this show.
The questions can be anything HW related (OOC and IC), but also MC related. Here we will put you on the test!

People are welcome to send me questions in private convos (It is better to keep them secret for people so they can't prepare for it).
If you want to join in the quiz show send me a message together with who you want to partner with!

Ideas
- Beauty show (Sankera )
- PvP?
- Trading (OOC resources and etc, will see if some booths can be made)

When will it be?
Date
27-02-2016
Time
00:00 GMT +1 (Denmark, The Netherlands and etc.)
23:00 / 11 PM GMT (UK)
15:00 / 3 PM GMT -8 (USA, Washington)
10:00 / 10 AM GMT + 11 (Australia, Sydney)

Where will it be?
Everything will happen at the Garden of Games, north of Azerport.

It is accessible by using the dock master.
Since this is basically made for OOC events like this, it would be ideal to put it to use. It is equipped with archery range and other attractions, so there is enough to do!

This is still WIP, so I take any critic, ideas or compliments possible.
I hope this goes through, but it depends on how this is taken.

Last edited:

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Edits!

I have no added a date! I hope people will help me make this a thing, as this requires as many people as possible and it will be lots of fun!

I am still figuring out time zones, so if there is any suggestion to a better time or date, please come with them and I will see what I can do! :D

There is still lots to work on, but now there is happening something :D

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Somnastra
Forgot to ask, but from past conversations, I take I am allowed to hold said event?

Also people, I am not sure if it is because of my inactivity lately and the fact that has made me unknown to people, but please do not let that stop you from participating.
I am gonna let this happen, even if I am gonna play all judges, host all archery contests and write down all questions.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Assuming my internet is back in order by the time this is (Likely will) I would love to participate. Could be a judge on anything if you needed! :D

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Somnastra
Forgot to ask, but from past conversations, I take I am allowed to hold said event?

Also people, I am not sure if it is because of my inactivity lately and the fact that has made me unknown to people, but please do not let that stop you from participating.
I am gonna let this happen, even if I am gonna play all judges, host all archery contests and write down all questions.
I think this would be fun~ :) We've had OOC events before (horse races come to mind immediately)

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Cancelling this due to lack of interest.
Will maybe bring it back? I can't tell.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Sorry, but I catched no interest from people. I really wanted this to happen, I really did, but with I have hoped for higher interest and participation :(
I think perhaps people were waiting to see more information. What were you hoping for in terms of interest? How many would make it worth it for you? :)

I agree with Som. I'd like to see this happen; it's a great idea. I can't commit to attending, though, because I have class and an IRL event to attend that day. (It's also my bday).

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I think perhaps people were waiting to see more information. What were you hoping for in terms of interest? How many would make it worth it for you? :)
Were hoping for the things I asked in the thread-
Were hoping for for someone interested in joining the show for example, got none of those.
Got one who brought help, with writing questions (Could write them all myself, I know)
And just general lack of people reacting. :(
For competitions like these, I need to know in proper time if people are coming or not, and I got 0 who showed interest in joining any of the shows.

Also, what information is needed? :) I have currently been alone in this, and it is easy to miss your own mistakes, so I do not know :D

I can put it back if there is enough interest, but will be for next month.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Won't be possible! Gonna write a post in the absence thread to explain!
Hoping to make it possible in April :D

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Well-
I will see what I can manage, though my motivation currently is on an all time low :(
But I really do want this to happend :( :(