Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [OOC Event] Sorrows Maze

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So I got bored and building stuff others might enjoy is pretty fun. So I made us a maze. Its not the biggest one or complicated as I made it in about four hours with the help of @Lady Alec . It has prizes that I will hand out once it is completed. At the end of the dungeon you will notice a sign telling you to tell me Ximmerael something. Simply send me a PM or post here with the screenshot of the sign and your character if you wanna brag. Then I will hand out the awards. The awards aren't much they are OOC and just for giggles. If it has someone's RP or Username on it *cough* I have a sword called Cherry Smash for example, it is not endorsed by them and the reward will be renamed upon request of folks whose names either username or character wise associated with them.

I will post a reward list when I finalize it and hear back from a couple people. When you win I will roll a die with the amount of prizes left. The number it lands on will be the reward you receive. There are a total of 9 rewards. Each person may claim a reward only once. If I hand them all out and folks like it I may look to it in the future about making more complicated and dedicated ones with better rewards.

You can find the entrance to this dungeon just south of Sorrows spawn. You will find a grove of trees behind it in a hill you will find an oak door. Simply walk in and your adventure may begin. Since its the sorrows someone can totally destroy this and frankly there is nothing I can do about it. I'm relying on community spirit to see if it can hold out.

The maze rules are simple. Don't break any blocks while your in the maze, so other folks can enjoy the challenge. You may defend yourself, mobs should spawn in there. Also don't place your own torches, the red stone torches should provide enough light to see everything your intended to see. Yes I'm aware its the sorrows and they can edit the build and put it back and I'll never know or worse destroy it. I'm asking that you not as I wanted to make something for the community to have a little bit of fun with.

If you want you can time yourselves against the other folks. Again honor system here, competitions quickly lose thier appeal to everyone when people cheat.

With that let the games begin!

If you're having a lot of trouble finding the entrance to the dungeon here are the coords.
-127, 67, 416

List of folks who completed the course-
1. @Balatro [Illthilor's Bushy Chest Hair]
2. @Anithola [Olive the Pineapple]
3. @Padragin [Aewin's Smell Socks]
4. @CyberChaosV2 [I found my way out of a Maze!]
5. @dUMMY [Helmet of the Champ]
6. @captainkodek [Cherry SMASH]
9.​

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Reward List:
1. Olive the Pineapple [Pufferfish] @RexJen
2. I found my way out of a Maze! (Medal) [Iron]
3.Illthilor's Bushy Chest Hair [Hay Bale] @Tempy_

4. Baron's Smooth Jazz Collection [Music Disc-somenumbers] @Baron
5. Cherry SMASH [Golden Sword] @Faelin
6. Aewin's Smelly Socks [Golden Boots] @Lannis

7. Tzemik's unmentionables [Golden leggings] @Michcat
8. Forever Alone [Golden Chest Plate]
9. Helmet of the Champ [Golden Helm]

Again any of the folks tagged may PM, comment or otherwise let me know and I will change the names of the items to something else no questions asked. I just thought of these and they all made me giggle for one reason or another. If folks post their times I may come up with a reward for the fastest and slowest competitors that would be in the same vein. Sorry if the actual rewards are lack luster that's why I tried to spruce them up with some comedy.

Just so everyone is clear these rewards are all OOC. If you win Illthilors chest hair it is an OOC item unless you do RP with Tempy and he confirms it as an IC item. This doubly goes for Tzemik. This is all jokes.​

Last edited:

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Question, what's with "clue #3" and "Clue #4"?

I have no idea what it means when I got to clue four, is that something related to this event? Also, nice chest trap :p.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
The OP and Rewards list has been updated to account for the four folks who went through the course already and succeeded. Rewards have been rolled and when I see you online or you see me online poke me and I"ll meet you and hand your rewards off to you. Thank you everyone who went through the course, if you had fun let me know if you'd like to do this again or something similar. If you have suggestions on how to improve the course, what you liked, what you didn't like let me know.

Question, what's with "clue #3" and "Clue #4"?

I have no idea what it means when I got to clue four, is that something related to this event? Also, nice chest trap :p.
They are left overs from a previous event I threw together that I didn't make a thread for. It was originally a scavenger hunt but no one was interested when I posted in OOC chat that day and the only response I got was "How about a maze". So I made a maze, that also didn't get a response until I made a thread other than RexJen who was busy with RP. If you think its something you would enjoy doing I may reorganize, expand it, or combine it with the next maze. Thanks for finding them though, it was kind of depressing when I made that first event and no one even so much as responded to it. :heart:

Also as this has already been more popular than I expected and four folks have managed to go through it without anyone destroying my maze I feel I may start work on a larger and more complicated one. With more red stone traps, maybe some parkour challenges and such.

Also for all the folks who liked the redstone trap it's all thanks to @Lady Alec I was stuck looking at thing scratching my head as to why I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to do until she came and fixed it. I may have came up with the idea for it but she did all the grunt work.

Last edited:

Anithola

Lord of Altera
The OP and Rewards list has been updated to account for the four folks who went through the course already and succeeded. Rewards have been rolled and when I see you online or you see me online poke me and I"ll meet you and hand your rewards off to you. Thank you everyone who went through the course, if you had fun let me know if you'd like to do this again or something similar. If you have suggestions on how to improve the course, what you liked, what you didn't like let me know.

They are left overs from a previous event I threw together that I didn't make a thread for. It was originally a scavenger hunt but no one was interested when I posted in OOC chat that day and the only response I got was "How about a maze". So I made a maze, that also didn't get a response until I made a thread other than RexJen who was busy with RP. If you think its something you would enjoy doing I may reorganize, expand it, or combine it with the next maze. Thanks for finding them though, it was kind of depressing when I made that first event and no one even so much as responded to it. :heart:

Also as this has already been more popular than I expected and four folks have managed to go through it without anyone destroying my maze I feel I may start work on a larger and more complicated one. With more red stone traps, maybe some parkour challenges and such.

Also for all the folks who liked the redstone trap it's all thanks to @Lady Alec I was suck looking at thing scratching my head as to why I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to do until she came and fixed it. I may have came up with the idea for it but she did all the grunt work.
After my Serene Retreat thing is out and finished, we could always collaborate on something?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
After my Serene Retreat thing is out and finished, we could always collaborate on something?
Sounds good to me I was going to run your dungeon anyway as it looked fun (And subtly steal ideas ;) ), granted my potato top doesn't lag out in there.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
A majority of the prizes have been taken but some of the best ones remain! Compete now to have your chance at Baron's Smooth Jazz Collection, Tzemik's Unmentionables, Cherry SMASH and Forever Alone!

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Construction of the next entry has begun. This one will be much larger and complicated and thus will take much longer to construct. That said I'm thinking of expanding it to be a dungeon/maze connected to another one possibly connected to one built by @Anithola . That said what would you like to see in the next entry? More redstone traps? Water obstacles? Keep or remove mob presence? I'm building this so folks can have fun so let me know.

Things to add on the new Challenge-
+Make Redstone Traps capable of killing DuMMy.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Whelp the server seems to have spoken. Part 2 of this event is now called off. Folks would rather destroy it than have something made for them. For now the first maze is still in place it seems and rewards are still available.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Whelp the server seems to have spoken. Part 2 of this event is now called off. Folks would rather destroy it than have something made for them. For now the first maze is still in place it seems and rewards are still available.
thats the shame of the sorrows for ye