Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Path of Exile

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Some basic, helpful advice to levelling quickly:

There are three zones in the game that are way, way better for leveling than anywhere else:

Act 1: The Ledge
Act 2: The Fellshrine Ruins
Act 3: The Docks

A non-tutorial informed feature is the instance selection tool. Hold the CNTRL key when Clicking on a waypoint or a zone transition to bring up the instance option menu. This is a really useful function if you want to refresh a new instance for yourself, and is /most/ helpful for leveling or farming a zone.

If you want to quickly level a character to see how your build works, the ideal way to do so is to run through, as best you can, zones with worse returns and stop to level up as best each of those good zones lets you do, stopping only to do the critical quests required to pass on further. The difference in leveling speed is tremendous.

I think people should do this after taking their first character through the content and story the hard way - A) Because they'll get to experiance all the content once, and that's usually enough grinding for people's tastes, and B) So you can see the difference.

The zones are also useful if you find your progress stuck - that's where to go to get stronger for later.

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
Yes, I've heard of this game.. Made in Auckland I think.. Was on the news.. Didn't pay too much attention.. But anyway, I couldn't get it working on my mac, And my PC is way to slow for it. So unfortunately I can't play it..

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
So... I had a few orbs to spare and decided to waste them on a quartz staff... Not entirely sure if it is good or bad, but whatever, it's yellow :pOPwapen.png

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Tips and Hints and Stuff:

The two best standalone skills in the game, damage wise, are probably Ethereal Knives and Bear Trap. Just level them up a bit and see what happens.

Arctic Armor is an amazing defensive skill that will destroy your mana - if you have a way to support it at higher levels, combined with decent armor it will negate a huge amount of physical and fire damage if you build around it, but otherwise one would find it almost impossible to use without instantly draining your mana.

Same as Righteous fire, which will just do terrible things to everyone.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I don't see the problem...
I just met them for the first time with my Marauder. I one hit them with my Heavy Strike and a whole group of them goes down in two or three blows with the "Sweep" ability of my rare Brass Maul... :D
*is dual wielder*

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Ooooh, the secret counter to the void things and tentacle miscreations is arctic armor - used with other defense it tends to nullify their damage completely. (That being said, only certain builds can run arctic armor at a decent level.)