Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Possible Dupe Bug

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I managed to duplicate an item after repairing it on an anvil. Sometimes when a repair is made there seems to be enough lag for the tiem to appear in the anvil window, even after it has been taken out. If you act quick enough, you can take the two out and place one in your enderchest. I'm assuming there is some type of item tag checking or something that only occurs in one inventory at a time. So, if you keep the duped items in separate inventories then the dupe should last until they are found together in the same inventory at the same time. (I don't know how any of this stuff works, I'm only guessing at the item dupe protections)

Anyway, this is exactly what I did. Duped, separated, waited, then placed them both in the same inventory window, and bam one disappeared. I waited about 5 min with the items in separate inventorys before putting them back together to see what would happen.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I did another test, kept the items in separate inventories the whole time, one still disappeared. However it did take a couple of minutes, which would be enough time for a scam trade.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I did another test, kept the items in separate inventories the whole time, one still disappeared. However it did take a couple of minutes, which would be enough time for a scam trade.
Its a good thing we can logcheck and persecute such trades~!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Actually I've had this happen to me without even trying, if you try to drop the dupe it doesn't work :p so a dupe trade couldn't happen

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
While the game interface somehow believes you have an item, the actual ID isn't copied- so therefore the item doesn't exist and disappears upon interaction. I think?

Scardrac

Felsummer
You think correct. Can confirm that these "dupes" will simply poof away when you try the item(s) purpose or drop it.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I've run into a few of these. If you try to use the item (e.g. mine some stone with a pick) you'll just whack at it until it breaks after the punch time, not pick time.