Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Practice makes perfect

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Very very rough start to the redraw. I don't usually do this sort of thing but I was keen to get the lighting right on this piece and I'm glad I took the time to lay it out. I'm having one of the...wildest couple weeks of my life so baer with

redrawwip.png

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Quick little refence bust for Alvaro, and I combined it with the one I made for his sister Aurora (..we're still looking for someone to play Alvaro if you're interested... >.>)
alvaro.png
Alvaro and Aurora 2.png

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Couple odds and ends.

Been using this website to improve my figure drawing and this was a 25 min one that I was really proud of (highly recommend it if you don’t know about it)
IMG_8674.jpeg
a very rough sketch of a scene from a story I’m writing that I did to try and get me out of my writers block (yes it is Laisa)
IMG_8682.jpeg

I also started trying to model a location from that story in blender but I’m still wrapping my head around the program so it’s just a very basic start
IMG_8683.jpeg

Once I sort out my regions and take my leave I likely won’t post here much, so please do follow me on insta, tumblr or kofi if you’d like to see more of my art, I’d really really appreciate it.

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Hi

Not returning and haven’t done any art in 8 weeks but I have written almost an entire novel to completion. The novel follows the story of an alternate version of my character Laisa with no HW lore or characters, just inspiration from some of the things that happened in some of her final chapters here. It’s been a journey, and there’s still a lot to go with editing and finishing little bits but I’m really proud of it so far.

This post is just an interest check in a writing blog that would both be discussing my journey as I work on (best case scenario) getting this book to a point that I can actually start thinking about publishing, as well as just the general writing process and some other little things. I’ll share snippets and also do writing exercises that are based in the universe. I hope it will keep me on track as I have noticed a lot of writers block recently.

If it seems like something people are interested in I will make another post soon with a link, if not, see ya on the flip side.

DeeHax

I think I might like it here
Pronouns
He/Him
Seems fun! Always love to see someone close to publishing, can’t wait to get there myself one day!

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
My annual pilgrimage to this art thread once again yields great rewards

Hi

Not returning and haven’t done any art in 8 weeks but I have written almost an entire novel to completion. The novel follows the story of an alternate version of my character Laisa with no HW lore or characters, just inspiration from some of the things that happened in some of her final chapters here. It’s been a journey, and there’s still a lot to go with editing and finishing little bits but I’m really proud of it so far.

This post is just an interest check in a writing blog that would both be discussing my journey as I work on (best case scenario) getting this book to a point that I can actually start thinking about publishing, as well as just the general writing process and some other little things. I’ll share snippets and also do writing exercises that are based in the universe. I hope it will keep me on track as I have noticed a lot of writers block recently.

If it seems like something people are interested in I will make another post soon with a link, if not, see ya on the flip side.
Yes please! Would love love to read

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Hi

Firstly, I would like to say WOW. Thank you all so much for showing your support on this. I'm sorry it took so long to get back to it, I actually finished writing my first post two weeks ago but I got so in my head about it that I chickened out. The truth is I got a little bit of imposter syndrome, feeling like I had nothing new or interesting to add to the conversation, but I've finally talked myself into believing that the only way to overcome that is to try and to also give people the space to feedback so I can be sure I am discussing things they are actually interested in and in a way that is interesting! If it doesn't work out at least I can say I gave it a shot.

So, my blog is now LIVE at What's On Draft? (whats-on-draft.com)

I've got a few posts up right now, one which discusses plot structure and storyboarding. I'm going to try to keep to a good schedule but please do bear with me while I get the hang of this.

Thanks again for showing an interest it really did help me to feel more confident. :heart:

Hope to see you on there!