Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Re?)Application [Declined - Somnastra]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernohawk

Lord of Altera
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

Infernohawk

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?

Chicago, Illinois

4) Have you read our guides yet?

Indubitably.

5) Introduce yourself!

Well hello there. My name is Garrett and I live in Chicago, Illinois. I'm originally from Nebraska, but moved here a year and a half ago to go to school at DePaul University. Living in Chicago has been a dream come true for me. I love taking in every bit of the city that I can, even when it is oppressively cold like it is now in winter. I'm currently in my second year of studies in Geography and City Planning. Other games I enjoy include Europa Universalis 4, and of course, League of Legends. I first joined this server more than 3 years ago, and look forward to seeing how everything has changed in the 2 years since my departure.

6) Got any examples of your work?

I'm not much of a builder, but I've always taken a particular interest in planning and organizing cities, which is perhaps why I'm studying that.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

I did a little bit, and a lot certainly has changed.

8) Referrer: (Optional)

Ummm.... ItsBryton I suppose.

About your character
Name:

Torven

Race:

Elf

Appearance:

Basically this is how I picture him ahhaha

(Skiiiiiin)

The test

The path in front of me was narrowing rapidly. Creatures of the dark were following in my wake, their guttural sounds growing louder and louder no matter how quickly I ran. The trees themselves were growing closer; their thorny branches seemed like they were reaching for me. Finally, the path itself was covered in branches and bushes. After stumbling through for just a few seconds I was caught. I couldn't move. I couldn't reach my blade. It was hopeless. I turned my head and saw red eyes approaching in the dark. Suddenly, far above me I heard a loud screech. I looked up and saw what appeared to be a great orange bird and red bird, glowing softly in the moonlight. The bird screeched again, and then dove towards me. Suddenly, its body ignited in flames. Flames reached out and began to burn the plants that held me. I braced myself to burn, but I felt no heat. The branches just seemed to turn to ashes around me. As that was happening the bird turned and flew towards the dark creatures, who seemed to vanish in the intense flames. Just as soon as it had all started, all was calm again. The bird sat in the path, and stared at me for a second. It then spread its wings and took flight directly towards me, letting out another loud screech.

My eyes opened. I noticed my heart was pounding. I sat up and took in my surroundings as dawn began to break through the rustling leaves of the morning wind. The fire I had built the night before was now just a pile of hot coals, glowing softly in the pale light. The dream had come again, as it had many times before. Perhaps it meant something important. Or perhaps it meant sleeping on the ground the last few months was finally getting to me. Either way, I wasn't going to dwell on it. Due to a less than stellar hunting record the last few days, I was out of food, and needed to find some. I quietly packed up my small array of possessions and began my walk to leave the woods. As I watched the sun rise though, I could almost swear I heard the call of an eagle.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So here's the deal. When you applied for rewhitelisting, there was the expected round of conversation in the staff forum. This took a bit, and there was some concern about your past relationship with the lore (even from the time you were a staff member). There was skepticism that you could operate within the boundaries of it, which was exacerbated by the recurring dream motif in your application.

This conversation was going to be be along those lines, and I had no idea if you would ultimately be rewhitelisted or not. As I am the last line of authority, and have no real history with you, this task fell to me, although I was on a brief two-day hiatus at the time. But the conversation immediately changed when you contacted me about your whitelist. I was aware that you'd sent messages to other staff members, and this would normally result in an immediate declining of your application. But from what was conveyed to me, those messages were purely of a personal nature, and had very little to do with your whitelist. This was not the nature of your message to me.

I had to re-evaluate the entire conversation. You have a history with the server, but you had also broken one of our rules. One which we have rejected applications with prejudice for in the past for fresh applicants. It was not a clear path forward, and I took advantage of my few days at work to think about it. What I decided will not please you, I think, but it's the only thing I'm comfortable with.

If this had been the first conversation, and if you were a new applicant, I would have asked you to rewrite your test.

This is the second conversation, and if you were a new applicant, it would have been declined. I see no reason to not treat you in the same manner we do everyone.

I am very sorry. Your application is declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.