Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Recording software

Spark

Broken
Sooo I guessed Gaming section was the right place...anyway..

Does anyone know of any recording software that records in at least 720p, is free and doesn't leave a watermark? The free bit can change slightly but not by much :p oh and one that isn't very demanding :p.....I think I'm asking alot..

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Sorry but I'm going to delete all comments relating to blatant theft here.

I only know Fraps and Hypercam, which sucks because hypercam has a watermark and fraps costs a bit to actually buy, but considering how many people use it, and the quality it has, it's probably your best choice.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
As far as I can tell every screen recording device that runs what you need will cost money, as the watermarks are there to want to make you get the full version.

I use screen recorder gold. It's free and easy to use, but the quality is awful and there is a small label in the corner. Another upside however, is that it has almost no effect on your computer when you record.

I'm afraid you'll have to decide between cash and quality or cheap and sucky.

D

Dark Auras

I have a paid license for fraps and it never fails me

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
Try MSI Afterburner, its a graphics card tweaking program but it does have very good video/sound capture built in. Best of all is that it's free! I've used this and Fraps before, depends on the game being recorded as to which is best.

- Boulder

Spark

Broken
Thank you everyone, Ill have a look at them all and see which one is best for me, not sure what was writtem before Sally though....

NiNi

MooCat
Thank you everyone, Ill have a look at them all and see which one is best for me, not sure what was writtem before Sally though....
Ill be brutally honest.

If you have the money to, get fraps and combine it with camtasia studio. Fraps for recording, camtasia for compression/editing. Best video combo ever for making youtube videos.

Spark

Broken
Sadly it was for DayZ not minecraft but thanks anyway, and I might just buy fraps...I'll have a look~ Thanks agaiiin

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
You want HD?
Fraps.
It records in the same resolution as your monitor (Or the game, depending on the settings)...
The problem is, the filesize is absolutely huge.

Oh yeah, and it costs a bit... not a problem for COMMENT REMOVED