Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [Religion] The Blood Moon Rises

Gaby

Lord of Altera

------------------------------------------------
The blood moon is soon to rise.

A final call to the Caparii Queen, and a final sacrifice,
a parting gift, of song and dance and feasting.

----
-Priest/Priestess/Religious Leader: Housekeeper Salheira Rainriver
-Public or Private: Public
-Temples or Shrines Involved: Crossroads

For organization's sake, I'm OOCly divide the preparation of this event into phases:

1) interest check. get a clear number of how many people are interested in this, and what they want to see with the event. also get a number of who is willing to offer things for the event.

2) time and date planning. I would like to do it democratically, by picking the date and time that will allow most people to attend. shouldn't be too hard.

3) event announcement. Set the date, do the roleplaying, bump the thread, have a fun time.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Interest Check

Blood moon events are rather simple, and nothing prevents unfaithful from attending, so long as they don't start waving swords around like a maniac.

there's only one thing you need to do in order to properly prepare for such an event. I'll explain what that is down below.

---

Guest List

Faithful (those who worship Vermella)
-

Converts (those curious about Vermella)
-

Moochers (people of other faiths attending the event for free cake)
-

Professionals (musicians, chefs, etc)
-

---

RVSP:

Forum Name:
IGN:
Character:
do you praise Vermella?
do you want to?
can you make music?
are you bringing food?

if you're worshipping Vermella, you should bring two things:
1) food items. and food will do.
2) something of the color red, especially if it symbolically relates to Vermella (moon, seabird, roses, compass, redstone, etc), or if it is of personal value. remember that these are meant to be gifts, so don't expect to have them back (and also, possibly, have a named in-game prop?)

I'm also looking for people who can A) sing B) play an instrument C) bring food.

if there's enough interest, I might allow a contest of some sort.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Time and Date

Possible Dates to Hold Event
calendar 2.png

X marks days that we can't hold the event.
Updated as of June 16th. Brian's important so his schedule really narrows it down. about to tentatively knock off June 19th and 20th, just because I need time to prepare.

Time Zones to Account for
- EST (GMT -5): Time Zone of event coordinator (me), and Brian (Morna Rhett)

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
bump. I added a "guest list" (in preparation of the event, an RVSP application, and put up an image showing what days we're free to do this.

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
Forum Name: Firegirl

IGN: firegirl7892467

Character: Rose Ruby Cleary

Faithful, Convert, or Moocher? (this part's a bit silly, write whatever you feel works): Moocher.

Things You'd Like to See in the Event: What you already have planned works for me!

Things You Can do for the Event (ICly): Hm, well I have no idea since Rose is an open Jishrim worshiper. Maybe she'll bring some redstone and a few random trinkets?

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Forum Name: Firegirl

IGN: firegirl7892467

Character: Rose Ruby Cleary

Faithful, Convert, or Moocher? (this part's a bit silly, write whatever you feel works): Moocher.

Things You'd Like to See in the Event: What you already have planned works for me!

Things You Can do for the Event (ICly): Hm, well I have no idea since Rose is an open Jishrim worshiper. Maybe she'll bring some redstone and a few random trinkets?
you bloody.
you.
nerdlord.
you have a caparii.

(thanks kid)

Gaby

Lord of Altera
threw out the brainstorming part. I've got a plan.
I still want people to RVSP, so I know how much I can expect.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
2) something of the color red, especially if it symbolically relates to Vermella (moon, seabird, roses, compass, redstone, etc), or if it is of personal value. remember that these are meant to be gifts, so don't expect to have them back (and also, possibly, have a named in-game prop?)
*brings bucket of blood from his enemies*
oh wait, wrong place.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Forum Name: BrianAT16
IGN: BrianALT16
Character: Morna Rhett
do you praise Vermella? Totes
do you want to? No. :p
can you make music? Eh? If forced-
are you bringing food? Sure
Note: I can only attend this if it is on a Friday or Saturday

Gaby

Lord of Altera
You should be fine so long as you don't spill any out of the buckets. That's the sin.
but Baron, blood isn't supposed to be in a bucket.
to get it in the bucket, you need to spill it from something else, and that is a sin.

also BRB updating calendar.
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE I have TWO PEOPLE signed up!!!!! incredible, so many.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I've always wonderd what happens when someone who follows Vermella gets their period

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I've always wonderd what happens when someone who follows Vermella gets their period
they would most likely be bedridden out of pain, and desperately pray for it to be over quickly.
just like any other religious person on their period.

(why does evry damn vermella thread I make prompt people to take the Law of Red too literally? I don't understand. you don't do this nonsense to Visage or Ignis)

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
they would most likely be bedridden out of pain, and desperately pray for it to be over quickly.
just like any other religious person on their period.

(why does evry damn vermella thread I make prompt people to take the Law of Red too literally? I don't understand. you don't do this nonsense to Visage or Ignis)
But bb

Doctrine of Visage:
  1. Thuffice her dell, th whould con fleep: th a cous thinsummakespuzzler's of to whoselaw's angs nobleep: to se.
  2. To shus the whoself dread beathe beard life, of the paus mus tionsummang, the hind butly and mand this and the nowary wille whe he o'erpriz'd.
  3. Follow the Divine Law.
Visage is poop

Gaby

Lord of Altera
But bb

Doctrine of Visage:
  1. Thuffice her dell, th whould con fleep: th a cous thinsummakespuzzler's of to whoselaw's angs nobleep: to se.
  2. To shus the whoself dread beathe beard life, of the paus mus tionsummang, the hind butly and mand this and the nowary wille whe he o'erpriz'd.
  3. Follow the Divine Law.
Visage is poop
that is exactly my point.
y'all complain about a doctrine that's really, really simple so long as you don't take it too literally, when Visage has THAT.

not to mention Skraag and Jishrim:

Skraag‘s Doctrine:
1. Knoweth upun thyself that Deathe is forespoaken Unnecesarie, forespoaken ther is Murdere, for shalt not be prevented. Deathe to being leaveth yet in lonesome, yet Unnecesarie to trifle upun.

2. Knoweth upun thou shalt note oft to not Recoil afore thy Enemie, fore to stand of stronge in strengthe and resulve.

3. Knowthy thyself shalt paye respeicts upun thy Divine Law.

Jishrim‘s Doctrine:
1. Heed the Divine Law

2. Don’t heed the Divine Law

su353

Lord of Altera
Forum Name: su353
IGN: su353
Character: Logan Oakhoof
do you praise Vermella? No.
do you want to? He's interested.
can you make music? Yes, he plays the flute.
are you bringing food? Nay