Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Rimolf's Application [Approved - Raalvara]

Rimolf

Noble of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
smellinmelon

2. How old are you?
19 years old

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I’ve read and acknowledged these specific documents and moreJ

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Well first of all, metagaming is the act of abusing external information and applying it to an IC situation that alters IC gameplay. For example, using the map to locate players without proper IC reasoning, knowing lore you have no business and logically possessing and knowing information from other characters with absolutely no interactions IC. Secondly, powergaming is the act of pursuing an own specific and selfish goal while excluding important factors like RP. Pursuing personal gain and maximisation of your own strength by any means possible thus destroying the satisfaction and logical sense of the RP world.The biggest thing is creating RP without giving options for the other to react.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
For obvious reasons, absolutely not. It counts as cheating.X-ray goggles don’t exist *laughs*

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Raalvara

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well to start with the basics, I’m a humanoid from the French part of Canada, Quebec, with Croatian blood. That means I can speak the language of baguette fluently… Croatian on the other hand is a little sparse when spoken from my tongue. I finished high school and am currently double majoring in natural science and advanced music, specifically jazz (saxophone/piano). Ever since I was young, I found myself encapsulated by the glorious beauty and excitement of medieval/ancient fantasy and lore as well as history. Tolkien’s works are very known to me… I’ve read every book in depth countless times *chuckles*… without mentioning my interest in roleplaying at the age of 12. I started “LARPing” at that age as well and I fell in love with it. That’s multiple reasons why I’m here today. I’m also an avid gamer playing games ranging from FPS, to MMORPG (LOTRO, ESO, Etc.), to survival and many more. Oh, and I own many standard poodles. Today I have 3, but in the past when my mom bred them, the count could rise to 6 adults. A very hairy situation I can say (well to be fair their fur is like sheep wool).

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Well, I have written documents upon documents for multiple LARP’s in terms of information, rules, mechanics, lore and storylines. I’ve been playing minecraft for quite some time in multiple roleplay servers participating to building so my builder skills are quite good, but I have never taken the thousands of hours of completing massive builds I could care to post. My highest attribute I can contribute therefore is my writing skills

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yes, On a Minecraft forum for medieval roleplay servers.

11. Your Character application:

Character Name:
Brando Chubb

Character Age:
26 years

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
He wears simple farm folk clothing for its comfort and utility: Brown trousers with suspenders for them not to fall off his feeble 3’7 ft stature… topped by a simple white blouse. His dirty blond hair is uncut but not utterly messy nor long like the elves but yet he possesses their sharp tipped ears. When you glair into his eyes, you see a reflection of the green fields he has longed to own for as long as he can remember, but his species has been vowed to scrap among the shadow of all other races, cursing his iris with a dim melancholic hew of green. His hands and bare feet (
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
smellinmelon

2. How old are you?
19 years old

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I’ve read and acknowledged these specific documents and moreJ

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Well first of all, metagaming is the act of abusing external information and applying it to an IC situation that alters IC gameplay. For example, using the map to locate players without proper IC reasoning, knowing lore you have no business and logically possessing and knowing information from other characters with absolutely no interactions IC. Secondly, powergaming is the act of pursuing an own specific and selfish goal while excluding important factors like RP. Pursuing personal gain and maximisation of your own strength by any means possible thus destroying the satisfaction and logical sense of the RP world.The biggest thing is creating RP without giving options for the other to react.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
For obvious reasons, absolutely not. It counts as cheating.X-ray goggles don’t exist *laughs*

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Raalvara

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well to start with the basics, I’m a humanoid from the French part of Canada, Quebec, with Croatian blood. That means I can speak the language of baguette fluently… Croatian on the other hand is a little sparse when spoken from my tongue. I finished high school and am currently double majoring in natural science and advanced music, specifically jazz (saxophone/piano). Ever since I was young, I found myself encapsulated by the glorious beauty and excitement of medieval/ancient fantasy and lore as well as history. Tolkien’s works are very known to me… I’ve read every book in depth countless times *chuckles*… without mentioning my interest in roleplaying at the age of 12. I started “LARPing” at that age as well and I fell in love with it. That’s multiple reasons why I’m here today. I’m also an avid gamer playing games ranging from FPS, to MMORPG (LOTRO, ESO, Etc.), to survival and many more. Oh, and I own many standard poodles. Today I have 3, but in the past when my mom bred them, the count could rise to 6 adults. A very hairy situation I can say (well to be fair their fur is like sheep wool).

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Well, I have written documents upon documents for multiple LARP’s in terms of information, rules, mechanics, lore and storylines. I’ve been playing minecraft for quite some time in multiple roleplay servers participating to building so my builder skills are quite good, but I have never taken the thousands of hours of completing massive builds I could care to post. My highest attribute I can contribute therefore is my writing skills

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yes, On a Minecraft forum for medieval roleplay server.

11. Your Character application:

Character Name:
Brando Chubb

Character Age:
26 years

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
He wears simple farm folk clothing for its comfort and utility: Brown trousers with suspenders for them not to fall off his feeble 3’7 ft stature… topped by a simple white blouse. His dirty blond hair is uncut but not utterly messy nor long like the elves but yet he possesses their sharp tipped ears. When you glare into his eyes, you see a reflection of the green fields he has longed to own for as long as he can remember, but his species has been vowed to scrap among the shadow of all other races, cursing his iris with a dim melancholic hew of green. His hands and bare feet (for which he prefers) are scorched yet nimble from the mending of crops, especially the wine orchards he has gained bread and butter from. His brutality is nonexistent; the appearance of scars is but scratches and scuffs from hard work, but not from violence.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1537410457769.png

Written Test!

24th day of Floodlock – 2304, Year of Coalition
On this glacial night I set my camp upon a crevice away from the piercing wind, yet its needles seem to still find its way to my frigid fragile skin. Every hair on my bushy toes was sticking up like a tree that’s lost its leaves. “Oh! Shalherana! Shield me from the unforgiving grasp of the winter night and cover me in a blanket of warmth! I just can’t stand the cold for it keeps my eyes open and my nose clogged and stuffy” I cried. I was quite assured that sooner or later I would die of unripe age to join the ascended. I closed my eyes as I often do to shutter my growing pain, my stomach was growling. I looked up to see that the fire was dimming due to the glacial barrier that was beginning to surround me. All night, the freezing winds had been preventing me to cook my rations of small game I managed to trap during the day. As I searched inside my pouch, I could find scraps of salted pork and trout, I lifted the measly pieces of meat to my mouth as it was swatted away from my bare fingers by the unforgiving air current. The wind had grown furiously strong. Quickly, I gripped my cape much tighter over my head .Closing my eyes and engulfing myselfin a bubble of thoughts. “Where am I going” I pondered. I knew the location I was heading for… but
I still can’t figure out what I was actually going to do. “Did I have a choice?” I asked. Well, the answer was unfortunately yes… and no. The choice to die was always an option… but to die due to a lack of coin resulting in starvation or disease is not something I was ready to accept. In the midst of my thoughts, I bravely looked at the sky hoping to seek the stars for guidance, but the blizzard blinded me. Snowflakes spat and melted upon my eyes. Quickly, I retreated into a cocoon and grabbed whatever I could reach for to keep me warm. The fire was consumed by the Frost Season’s hunger… I could feel it nipping at my soul. Even thought I couldn’t see the stars, I knew certainly Grief was starring and mocking my soul as its next victim… like my Old Chubb, and all the Chubb’s before. Greener days await, but it is hard to see any colour when the world blinds you in sorrow… - Brando Chubb, 13th day of my journey to Tre Hjem

Last edited:

Raal

Media Gal
Legend
Raalvara
Raalvara
Legend
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.