Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sanivo - Application [Approved - -Alaila]

Sanivo

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username:
sanivo
2. Age:
3. Gender:
Male
4. Country:
United States of America

5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
I have indeed read the Tome in full.

6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?
Personally, I love that one of the main focuses of this server is roleplaying. I've been playing on roleplaying servers in a multitude of MMO's (Perfect World, Forsaken World, Knight Online, MU Online, a little WoW pre-burning crusade), and I even organized one or two RP-ing guilds and even created a server for one of these games (Perfect World) with the intention of having a roleplay focus.

I don't think I've been nearly involved in roleplaying activities as I would like to, as they've been some of the most fun experiences I've had, and I've made many friends through them. A few of my friends have begun organizing LARP events, and I'm highly considering joining them.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
Salutations community!
My name is Jack! I'm from the Midwest United States, and I've been playing Minecraft for about two years now. I think I bought it around the Alpha Halloween update, but I had been playing the free classic version since long before that. In addition to a heavy minecraft addiction, I have great aptitude and interest in architecture and engineering, which are my current main studies in school.

While I find these subjects the most challenging and interesting, perhaps even something I could spend my life doing (I don't know yet, but I should probably decide soon hehe), I also dabble in programming and game design. As hinted at above, I created an MMO server with 6 other friends of mine when I was around 15. While the server is dead I'm still in contact with those guys, and I dont think I'll ever forget the experience.
8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
I suppose I can provide two examples, one in the form of a video of a town I had made on my old server, which has long since been shut down. The video is not of great production value, and while I would never speak ill of my friend who made it, I wish I could give the tour myself simply because I love to explain my decision making and thoughts behind my creations.

Without further excuse, here's a long video about the town "Oyamoto" I made with a friend of mine. Feel free to mute it and just skip around for a taste of the buildings.
My second example is much more current, and I suppose, much more interactive. I currently run a small server for about 10 of my real life friends and I. On this server, one friend of mine and myself recently completed (well, mostly) a large spawn town.

If I may, I would certainly like to link to my own server as an example. I take pause on this as I would not like it to come off as self advertisement. I assure you it is not, we're a tight knit group, and we still havent decided if we want to make our server public. I would only offer the IP here in an effort to share my work more if anyone is interested. The server isn't that great anyway xD
9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
If you have time, and consider yourself at all scholarly, check out the concept of philosophical/theoretical languages. I recently discovered Ithkuil (Ithkuil.net) and I've found it simply fascinating. It's actually prevented me from studying for things I actually get graded on from time to time.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
I am fully aware of the banishment of such blasphemous utilities, as well as their ethical and physical consequences.

11. How did you find out about our server?
A friend of mine (Floopguy10)

12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
I have indeed! And I wish you luck in your campaign for #1 server!
Cheers, And thank you for your consideration
~Sanivo

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Hi!
I'm going to approve your application. Please behave and have fun. :p
Before running off to explore Altera I highly recommend that you take ten minutes to read The Altera Survival Guide (click) and the server rules on the wiki (click). It's only ten minutes and it will make your first days in the server much more enjoyable, I'm sure.

Welcome!