Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Serpentious' Whitelist Application [Accepted - IceandFire]

Serpentious

Villager
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username: Serpentious

Country & Timezone: Eastern Standard (EST)

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes.

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Check below!

Metagaming: An indolent practice in which a player uses information that only they would know to influence the actions of their character -- whom wouldn't have any access to that knowledge if not for their player's OOC intervention. This is clearly a bannable offense, because a character shouldn't know things that they didn't actively learn through roleplay.

Powergaming: This is when a character is given an unfair advantage by their player. This can take on several forms, but the most common is when a character forces an action on another character without their consent or even an opportunity to react. Roleplaying is a group activity, which means everyone should have a fair shake.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No.

Tell us about yourself!: I'm just an enthusiastic novelist, excited to find my next project! There's not too much else to say, but I do have nearly a decade of writing experience -- both on Minecraft and over text. So, if you happen to need help or simply want someone to look over your writing, I'd be more than happy to. Otherwise, try not to take me too seriously. The punctuation and proper grammar may seem a bit stiff, but I promise that I'm anything but strict. As an example -- try asking me about what I think of animation or art in general. You'll find a fair amount of passion on either subject.

Referral: This server's name graced my ear a few times in the past -- on long-forgotten servers. I figured I'd give it a try!

{Character Section}

Character Name: Euric Morcant

Race: Human, Anhalder

Appearance: Reference Image -- Here!
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 244lbs
With his prominent features and coarse, yet fair complexion -- Euric is an unmistakable Anhalder. Not quite the example of imperial excellence, given his excessive facial hair and sandier curls, but he does retain many of the other important traits. He's got broad shoulders, considerable height, and dull, blue eyes that are reminiscent of his kinsman. What he lacks in visual eloquence, Euric often makes up for with constant gesturing, precise movement, and a stern posture. The Anhalder is a considerable sight, in spite of his typically plain attire. Choosing to wear common garments - woolen tunics, thin cloaks, and layered trousers especially - Euric is usually never seen in anything aside from the utilities: save for a pauldron and a thick gambeson. He's a strapping lad with much to look forward to -- and a frame built to achieve.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words):

Nestled in the midst of twisted pines and verdant leaves, a campfire burned. It crackled fiercely, popping as new tinder fell deftly upon the blaze. Smoke conquered the evening sky- a singular plume seen from miles around. Euric, enamored by the luminous display, prodded and stoked the embers with his blade. They roared louder in response, seemingly agitated but quick to settle when warm bark crumbled to ash. The tall and weighty Anhalder shifted in his seat before the familiar squeal of dry wood left him to reconsider. "I mustn't be that heavy..." He mused to himself, glancing down to the pitiful log that propped him. It seemed sturdy enough, but he'd been proven wrong in the past. Deciding it better to err on the side of caution, Euric slid from his mount and instead sat in the grass just ahead of it. Cool, aimless optics scanned his campsite in the meantime -- not incredibly overjoyed but far from displeased. For a common glade, it was surprisingly cozy. He might've called it peaceful -- if not for his constant superstitions.

The forests of Gottland were truly resplendent but, when it teemed with such life, not all of it would be benevolent. Even for a kinsman like himself, Euric knew better than to trust these woods at night. Among men, animals were of his biggest concern. His sword reunited with its sheath as he thought it over. The Anhalder always wondered if the beasts knew him to be a hunter and, if so, it also amused him to consider what they would do were they to find out. Did forest creatures seek revenge... or were they too fearful, or noble, for such a plot? Chuckling, Euric shook his head and planted an elbow in the dirt -- now laid out on his side. They simply weren't intelligent enough, he figured. Tender, gloved digits grazed between the grass. "Hm." He imparted the sound with pursed lips. "The Sun really has blessed this land."

A mixture of mirth and solemn pride filled his tone, but those words are the last that he speaks. He lifts himself back up -- a weary spine greeting the log again as he reaches for the bow that he'd rested some feet to his left. The yew wood felt familiar against his palm and, in turn, he ran a thumb along the string. Taut as ever. His opposite hand slipped into the satchel hitched to his hip, rummaging briefly before Euric pulled a small vial from its depths. To the inexperienced eye -- it was nothing more than a clear liquid of indiscernible quality. However, to an archer like himself, this oil would sustain him for at least another week. It'd keep his bow from drying or cracking which, in turn, would help him hunt longer. Fortunately, all that was left to do was find his lathering cloth. Now... where did he put it?

Last edited:

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Good
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.