Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skin Critique Requested

Bakaling

Lord of Altera
Requesting thoughts on this skin.

borgan.png
She is a mercenary/cutpurse and comes from the more southern regions of the world.

Borgan Anguta.png

Bakaling

Lord of Altera
Note; even if your critique is calling something 'off' or ugly please mention it! It helps a lot and I rather nip problems in the bud than be lost in the dark.

Bakaling

Lord of Altera
I dislike that white and grey bit near her chest but otherwise looking good
Its meant to be a pin of sorts, like a family crest but having a small canvas to work with didnt lend itself to detail. Ill probably switch up the colours.

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
First of all, I really like the shading on the skin tone, the arms and face look really beautiful because the colours work and the light shades aren't too overbearing to create a shadow or texture. However, the actual shading on the full skin doesn't really pop for me in the sense that there isn't a lot of dimension. As an idea for dimension you can put more shading on the grey and draw that out, or under the belt to show a 3D aspect. Remember shading always comes with highlights.
An example of this can be seen here, it isn't the best but I think this really shows the shading difference.
upload_2016-2-1_13-51-19.png

At the same time, everyone does skins differently and I really like your style as is. I'm just trying to nitpick because I know sometimes that can help and I hope this time it did at least a little.

Bakaling

Lord of Altera
First of all, I really like the shading on the skin tone, the arms and face look really beautiful because the colours work and the light shades aren't too overbearing to create a shadow or texture. However, the actual shading on the full skin doesn't really pop for me in the sense that there isn't a lot of dimension. As an idea for dimension you can put more shading on the grey and draw that out, or under the belt to show a 3D aspect. Remember shading always comes with highlights.
An example of this can be seen here, it isn't the best but I think this really shows the shading difference.
View attachment 71781

At the same time, everyone does skins differently and I really like your style as is. I'm just trying to nitpick because I know sometimes that can help and I hope this time it did at least a little.
Thanks for your feedback!

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I was looking at this in college and my friend sitting next to me thought that that bandanna looked like she was bleeding from her neck...not sure how that can be changed, but might wanna fix that up

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
I was looking at this in college and my friend sitting next to me thought that that bandanna looked like she was bleeding from her neck...not sure how that can be changed, but might wanna fix that up
A less violent shade of red maybe?

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Some in-depth shading to the white/gray bits would really make everything all the better. Otherwise, it looks awesome.