Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skyrim: Elreyna's Journal

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
With my last playthrough dead from mod overdose, I started yet another playthrough. I can't get enough of playing Skyrim, I never do all I want to do in a playthrough before I am forced to stop for one reason or another. With this one, I decided I want to use the same character from my Shattered alternate reality, but change her appearance to less post-apocalpytic and more in line with Skyrim's main themes. So here we go!

Day in, day out, another drink Ambarys.
Since the Red Mountain blew my home to ash and nothing, I've been living here where we all fled... welcomed by the last High King before he was murdered by the maniac running this very city. A slum, the Gray Quarter, my home. Working for mere septims a day with odd jobs around the city to get by. It isn't enough.

My name is Elreyna Hlaalu.
Yes, that Hlaalu... not that I am old enough to remember it as one of the Great Houses of Morrowind before it was taken apart.

I live here in Windhelm, where the Nords are...
More than blatantly racist.

I need to get out of here.

But without any gold, that dream is dead in the water.
No risk; no gain. This isn't a life worth living. Its either danger to survive or no life at all.

There are some dangerous jobs beyond these walls.

I am not a master wizard.
No Telvanni.
I am only just learning the basics of spells.
It has to be enough to get me through these jobs.

With the little gold I can spare to get the first horse for sale at the stables, I buy some spelltomes to study.
The Court Wizard is at least quite amicable, if not a blatant scholar disinterested in mortal affairs. Like a Telvanni, but a Nord.

Soon I will be out of here.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I took the first carriage to Whiterun.
I began renting an attic above the local alchemy shop, from a woman who thinks I am constantly ill.
Thankfully there was much work to do to pay for it.

I made a lot of septims doing simple tasks such as killing bandits for bounties and retrieving items.
It wasn't very scholarly, but paved the gold toward better spell tomes to study and travel expenses toward more scholarly work.

Soon I was being hired to go to far off places.

And deep haunted, mystical ruins of ancient
Alyeids beneath the lake near Riften.

I thought things were looking up; my gold was saved up so quickly, I didn't know how to spend it all.
I was beginning to plan a trip to Winterhold to study at the College there. I even met a Khajiit who I hired as a bodyguard for the journey.
Good thing I did... because today my home was broken into by an assassin.

I am going to have to deal with these assassins now, chasing me down because of my heritage...

Its a good thing I hired Inigo when I did.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I joined the College of Winterhold... and have not yet seen another assassin as of yet.
Thankfully the first lectures by Tolfdir were regarding safety and wards. I learned a great deal of spells from him that allow me to protect myself at greater lengths.

In fact, I believe I am learning much from this College.
The teachers here, Drevis, have made available to me much so long as I have the coin to pay them and for the spell tomes to study.

The College also has been doing its own strange excavations, which is always a bonus to my wanderlust.

This is not the only good news I write.

I am now... married?
Skyrim traditions are very strange compared to my homelands. We did attempt to keep some of our traditions.
My classmate, when I arrived, Brelyna... she is part of House Telvanni, though cares little of her origins. In our tradition, that makes me... Telvanni.
We study together and now we shall do great things together, perhaps one day return to our homeland as great mages.

Our wedding was fantastic, we had Tolfdir there and our classmates.
Even Jarl Balgruuf showed up to congratulate me, given how I briefly worked for him and still pay him taxes.