Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

(Solomon) Application [Declined- solus]

MrHatt

Legend of Altera
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?
Solomon_Hatt
all are the letter o

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?
Arizona, USA
4) Have you read our guides yet?
I've read them and I agree wholeheartedly. The rules and rights seem reasonable and meant to keep the Server fun.

5) Introduce yourself!
My usual pseudonym online is Solomon, I'd rather not specify with my RL name but other than that, I'll try to be as honest as possible.
I'm currently going to high school and working odd jobs. I like working with steel, which I can do at my school. I enjoy playing RP games like Skyrim, Tourel Online and Rise of Nations. As for hobbies, I'm a novice blacksmith. No joke, its really fun. The main reason for all of this is from my somewhat insane desire for fiery glory... and justice.

6) Got any examples of your work?
I don't currently have any screenshots worth showing off, but I am a rather good architect. I've built castles, ships and The Dwarf City Volrota

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

I've lurked around the server before, but my computer pooped for a few years, so I couldn't get on for a long time. That happened shortly after Port Silver burned.

8) Referrer: (Optional)
Delta_61251

About your character
Name:Solomon Hatt

Race: Dwarf

Appearance:
Solomon is a Black haired Dwarf, clad in a deep red tunic with brown trousers, black gloves and boots. He has yellow eyes but one was badly damaged when Port Silver burned.

The test
This story starts as very few do, with a youthful dwarf deep in the hole he had dug in search of the treasures of the deep. His name was Faldir Blackrock the Kind, the Loyal,the thoughtful, but that time passed at the fall of a single pebble no greater in size than a Radiant. This fateful projectile struck the young dwarf above his brow, shattering his skull. A miracle they called it, that he did not die on impact, but fate did not smile upon this dwarf for Faldir was dead. In his place rose a different soul, the Solomon Hatt, the deranged, the sick.

In his new reign over Faldir's shell, Solomon's thirst for gold drove him to the deepest of holes. Unable to quench this burning desire Solomon's decent to madness was quickened by every swing of the pick that did not yield the bright glimmering metal. Worse was it when he did, as he found gold his desire for more grew. At the peek of this Solomon did what dwarves are doomed to do... he dug to deep. In seeing what was beneath, his lust for gold was forgotten, an emptiness consumed the remainder of his mind. This husk had crawled from it's rocky tomb, blinded by the suns scornful glare, seeking nothing. Wanting nothing. Knowing only that he must go north.

As he plods north in cold winds and deep snow drifts, wild beasts slowed him from his goal only long enough for him to slay them and eat all but the bones. Later in the travels, as night fell and the snow heaved from the sky as an eternity of ice, he began to save the skins, to drape the freshly cut pelt over his once white tunic. Blood freezing into his shirt, his boots worn to the sole, he fell into the snow and burrowed in. In the light of the rising sun, the snow shifts as he stands and marches on.

He neared the base of a great mountain as a Blizzard to chill the very bones of the world approached. feeling the drop of the temperature at some primal level he crept into the den of a bear. He stole up to the slumbering beast and with a curved stone shiv he split its neck. With in the den the temperature was still to low, so this primal, dwarven, shell devised a final effort to live. With in the den, inside of the belly of the beast, he weathered out the storm. Dead Glassy eyes gazed up from the cave the next day, no soul, no hope only a mad erg to live, like that of a mortally wounded wolf he limped out, farther into the north.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello- Your application looks good. Your Test, however- raises some questions and needs some tweaking to fit the Lore. When you mentioned Faldir died and out rose Solomon, do you mean to say he literally died with his skull shattered and somehow was magically changed? I just want that to be clear as Magic in our world, Altera, is limited and so cannot be used in backstory to be defined. He'd either have to be a Faldir or Solomon. I'd also like you to avoid writing about violence in the test- as slaying every animal in sight doesn't show me you've read our guides carefully- which is the purpose of the Test. Take some time to fix your paragraphs and bump the thread- Edit button is on the bottom of the first post. I'll have another look when you're done.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Declined for inactivity. Fix above issues mentioned before re-applying.