Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[ Spiritblessed FAQ ]

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff

1632082524500.png
- S P I R I T B L E S S E D -
-= F A Q =-
ⵈ ═══════════════════════ ⵈ

There are surely many questions regarding Spiritblessed and the various ways they can or cannot interact with the rest of Altera. This thread is for questions to be asked, much like the Vyre FAQ, though please be patient. Answers will be given when they can.

ⵈ ═══════════════════════ ⵈ

Q: Can I be a Spiritblessed and a Vyre?
A: You can, there are no limits to being a Vyre and Spiritblessed at the same time, though being Fireblessed is very much not advised.

Q: Will my Spiritblessed qualities pass on to a child if I have one?
A: No, nothing will pass on to children born of Spiritblessed parents.

Q: Can I be Spiritblessed of Fire and Water at the same time?
A: No, you can only be bonded to one elemental at a time.

Q: Is the rankup system coming back?
A: No, the rank system has been removed and such progression will fall to systems such as the Arcane and Divine paths.

Q: Does my character have to be 16 to be Spiritblessed?
A: No, you can be Spiritblessed as early as 12 years old.

Q: Can I say my character become Spiritblessed against their will?
A: Yes, they don't need to see it IC for it to happen, you can RP that how you like though keep in mind the areas where certain elementals are more commonly found.

1632082524500.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
is the lock on previously spiritblessed still applicable (if someone was bonded and had the elemental removed, making them unable to bond with the same type again) or is that lock gone in the rework?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Are there any drawbacks for being spiritblessed now for mages?
For now, no, as there is no rank up system to push them towards. If something comes up in the future, Lore can discuss it first.

is the lock on previously spiritblessed still applicable (if someone was bonded and had the elemental removed, making them unable to bond with the same type again) or is that lock gone in the rework?
No, those previously locked out can rebond with the same type now.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Sunblessed, Gravewalker, and other possible future soft cured- They cannot be spirit-blessed, Can they?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Do any spiritblessings Impede the ability to smith or in general craft?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
How would players going out discovering the change in spirit blessed? Is this something an animancer could perceive?

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
is there a tier of Blessed who are immune to Elemental Bonding? if so what is that threashold?

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Sunblessed, Gravewalker, and other possible future soft cured- They cannot be spirit-blessed, Can they?
They currently could, but keep in mind that your Sunblessed/Gravewalker and your chosen Elemental (or Shadow) might conflict. Same way Vyres might not want to be Fireblessed.

Do any spiritblessings Impede the ability to smith or in general craft?
Not particularly, beyond if it conflicts with the Elemental (Shadow due to forge's light, Water due to heat, etc.). Whereas the Earth ones used to be judgenental about puny Humanoids using their puny crafts, now it is the limited dexterity with your hands that might cause some annoyance to you.

How would players going out discovering the change in spirit blessed? Is this something an animancer could perceive?
Spiritblessed would notice the shift, and I assume most familiar with them would too. The information will also likely spread through RP.

is there a tier of Blessed who are immune to Elemental Bonding? if so what is that threashold?
Not as far as the Lore aspect is concerned, but what the Divine think I leave up to Elz

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Being as they're more minor, I won't limit Divine folks with it and anyone can get Spiritblessed. If there are issues in the future we'll review, however.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
In regards to Spiritblessed, how far can your interactions with your elemental go? I'm aware in the old system you couldn’t really interact, but in the current one. Can you for example, like look at your shadow and it moves on its own doing things?

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
SHADOW | Some find themselves full or partially blind, or marked with dark veins over parts of their bodies.
I know the second part of the unbonding thing seems to be permanent for each description, are we to assume the possible blindness thing is too, as the scarring on other former spiritblessed is?

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I know the second part of the unbonding thing seems to be permanent for each description, are we to assume the possible blindness thing is too, as the scarring on other former spiritblessed is?
When you pick one of the three options, it would indeed become permanent.

In regards to Spiritblessed, how far can your interactions with your elemental go? I'm aware in the old system you couldn’t really interact, but in the current one. Can you for example, like look at your shadow and it moves on its own doing things?
At the current, those interactions would indeed be absent for a lack of equivalent for non-Shadowblessed.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Can the excess from purifying water in waterblessed be collected? Could salt be collected from sea water from example?
How does holy water interact with spiritblessed, seeing as blessed may have them?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Q: Can I be a Spiritblessed and a Vyre?
A: You can, there are no limits to being a Vyre and Spiritblessed at the same time, though being Fireblessed is very much not advised.
why did this flip-flop from a sudden "no" to a sudden "yes" in a matter of months and what's the IC explanation as to why this globally happened either time

I don't mean to be harsh about it but changes like these seem like they're just errantly thrust upon the community with no gauge for who they effect. The same seems to be happening with the magic rework and the materials rework and I don't fully understand the m.o. behind it.

I know the latter two aren't related to spiritblessed but I wanted to draw on current examples to clarify what I mean.

Jazzper

Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I can't speak for why and how it happened the first time, as I was not involved back then. I do, however, know that the main IC reason was that both are afflictions of one's soul. Vyrism would push out one's Elemental bond, and retain control itself. With the Elementals' bond weakened, it is no longer fighting with Vyrism for control and does not currently get pushed out.

I can assure you that the Magic rework has a legitimate reason behind it, which will become clear when it is time.

The materials rework was also before I was involved, so I do not know the answer there. At the current moment, however, we do try to justify any alterations and new introductions.

DeeHax

I think I might like it here
Pronouns
He/Him
Say a character was shadow blessed, but they are a Makani, would that change feather pigmentation as well? I assume yes, but lore consistency and verification…

Edit: Could the side effects of being blessed grow over time, such as the darkened veins of a shadowblessed spreading?

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
hi deehax, unless someone says otherwise Blessings don't change or progress beyond what is already on the thread. It's mainly meant to be for flavor. I imagine you could have the severity of the veins increase, but the side effects are set in stone.

In the past elemental blessings were a bit more parasitic in nature, but that was phased out as progression for it was dependent on outside parties.

DeeHax

I think I might like it here
Pronouns
He/Him
hi deehax, unless someone says otherwise Blessings don't change or progress beyond what is already on the thread. It's mainly meant to be for flavor. I imagine you could have the severity of the veins increase, but the side effects are set in stone.

In the past elemental blessings were a bit more parasitic in nature, but that was phased out as progression for it was dependent on outside parties.
Thank you

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
oh and as to the feathers, I think they should be alright? I am not sure personally.