Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spring's Application [Accepted - Jase]

AutumnSoul

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
SpringSoul

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yep!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-Gaming is using information your character does not know rply. Taking something from ooc chat or vcs and using that information in-game to change how you act, think, and speak to others.

Powergaming is when one player attempts to do something way out of their bounds or abilities to gain an advantage in a certain situation or force your way into something/make someone do something. Ex: The knight with one broken arm, a fractured ankle and an arrow in his chest manages to sprint across the battlefield and uses both hands to bring down a killing now with so much strength the world has never seen such before.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cymic

8. Tell us about yourself!
Heyo, my name is Ty and while I’m not new to rp servers on good ol mineman or irl I am new to discovering Hollow World. I’m currently a senior in college and so homework and essays eat up a good 80% of my life (as much as I wish they didn’t). I have been a huge fan of video games my entire life and spent most of my years playing on Xbox gaming systems or Nintendo systems. That said, I do enjoy an active lifestyle of going to the gym, hiking the nearby nature trails and swimming in the valley rivers. I think the last thing I have to say is that my favorite games of all time are Destiny 2, Skyrim, Europa Universalis 4.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I definitely have no skills when it comes to art.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server on Planet Minecraft.

Character Name:
Solthyr

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Skin: Pale white
Hair: Medium length Icy Blonde hair
Eyes: light blue
Weight: Average weight for Silver Elf Male
Height: 5’11”
Clothes: Simple/poor looking. A small woolen blue cloak to cover the top of the torso. Patchy brown trousers for pants and simple dull golden bands with decorative feathers hanging from tassels.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

The sun was setting over the grassy plains that rested just outside the edge of the forest. Clouds, pure and serene blanketed the evening sky as the last rays of yellowish-orange light cascaded through their gaps. Sitting nestled upon one of the lower branches of an ancient oak, Solthyr had his pale blue gaze fixated towards the serene setting before him. In his hands, he held a small carving knife and a hunk of dead wood. Turning his gaze down to his lap, he began to carve into the wood with his knife. Humming slightly to himself as he worked, a small smile emerged on his pale lips. He always enjoyed the evening time. It was here that he could just relax, enjoy the sunset and just be content and at peace. Today especially he needed this quiet time. It wasn’t often that the elven man went ventured into the realms of humanity, he really preferred not to go there if he could help it, but sometimes he had to go in order to restock on some necessities. Also, it was always nice to carry some form of currency upon him. While he had no personal use for it, it had come in handy in many situations before concerning some bandits that roamed into the woodlands. Ever since then, he always kept a small bit of money on his person. Anyways, today had been one of those days in which he had needed to venture from the peace and quiet of the forest to the bustling and noisy city. He always did his best to try and disguise himself when he ventured away from the forest, not because he was ashamed of anything or to hide from the citizens of the town, it was more or less just a precaution he took to avoid . . . . any issues that might arise with another of his own kin.

Narrowing his gaze and lifting the now semi-round bead that he had carved up to his mouth to blow away some small shavings, the pale elven man grunted slightly at the thought of his own race. It wasn’t that he hated them or cared naught for them, it was just usually they were the ones who held hostile intent towards him. He was . . . an oddity to say the least when it came to one of the Silver Elves, or at least one to the majority of them. He didn’t dress the way they did in their long flowing outfits, act all-knowing or pompous, and he certainly didn’t care about the way in which their society structured itself. In fact, the very thought of their whole caste system and superiority complex brought out a dry chuckle from the elf. He didn’t fit in with any of those norms. He dressed more like that of a Forest Elf, albeit perhaps a bit more loose than them as well seeing as he wore only some trousers, an old cloak that had belonged to his grandmother, and some wrapping that covered a portion of his side. That and he had piercings in his ears and many ornaments in which he strung from his neck and arms. All of which he knew his kin detested in the highest regard and in which had gotten him basically heckled out of the town earlier in the day. Sighing slightly, he thought back to the elven woman adorned in a long white gown had basically lost her mind at seeing him today. It had never happened before, and he had never expected one of the higher ranking silver elves to be in such a shady district, but sure enough she had been and rather than sit around and listen to her go on and on about the abomination she saw before her, Solyr had taken off and made his way back to the safety of his trees as quick as he could.

Taking in a deep breath the pale elf moved his knife in a delicate manner until after a brief moment the pattern of a sun with stretching bands of ornate shaped light radiating from its center was carved into the bead. Eyeing his work for a moment, turning the rough circular bead from side to side, he smiled softly seeming content. Shifting his gaze back to the sun, now at its lowest peak on the horizon, he sighed and leaned his back against the tree’s trunk. Tomorrow he will have to go back to the city and try and do the errands he failed to get done today. Hopefully, this next time he won’t have to flee again, but his supplies are low and so fleeing might not be an option again.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Apologies this is only being looked at now! I have been trying to work on exam preparations and this application slipped through the radar! That said, I am very happy to say~

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in game.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

If you feel that you are struggling to connect in with the community please reach out to me directly (It can be daunting to join a community where you don't know anyone)!

Last edited: