Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Just saw it. Feel like I watched a totally different movie than those who liked it. Seriously, would some of you who liked it pm me with cliff notes of what happened in your movie, just so I can make sure there's not multiple versions being shown? This is my least favorite star wars film. I'm not a hard critic of these movies either, minus a few nitpicks I thought rogue one was awesome and the force awakens was good also. This... I don't even know where to begin.
Could you shoot me what you didn't like about it? I generally loved it but there were some scenes as a whole I didn't like ... I haven't understood why people disliked it, and Rotten Tomato reviews are all just screams and mess.

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
There's definitely an entire subplot that doesn't need to exist at all.

Rose also doesn't need to be in the film.

These are my two major gripes, but they're not enough to upset the balance for me - but I'm a major apologist.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
The biggest thing that Rian could have left out was the unneeded Reylo bull

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
It was kind of needed for both character's growth. Plus, it did NOT look romantic to me. I may be blind, but it actually looked a lot more like the relationship of siblings.
If that helps any, Sankera :p

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
It was kind of needed for both character's growth. Plus, it did NOT look romantic to me. I may be blind, but it actually looked a lot more like the relationship of siblings.
If that helps any, Sankera :p
I know how shippers are and so do you, you dork. I dont trust them

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Rose felt like a Disney character, not a Star Wars character. You could tell she was of Disney's design imo. Movie was good otherwise, Finn+Rose subplot to find hackermans didn't need to exist tho

Last edited:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
I'd rather had more Luke and no Rose
Or, Disney grows a bigger pair and goes all out with this
Rey.jpg

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
(((((((((characters not being gay doesn't make them bad characters)))))))))))
Honey you know damn well that mind probe scene in TFA was a little too close to some kinda rape scene, it's a bad and abusive ship and you know it

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
I couldn't disagree more. The Ben and Rey scenes are by far the most intriguing scenes in the film for me. Both actors display great chemistry and the best acting in star wars ever. Period.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I couldn't disagree more. The Ben and Rey scenes are by far the most intriguing scenes in the film for me. Both actors display great chemistry and the best acting in star wars ever. Period.
I second this strongly.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
c38fe876-7b0f-445e-a9c0-4163e4d96ac8.jpg

bettemus99

Roleplay keeper
Again, I think it was really well played. Not too cliche, and both actors really WERE great.

The thing with Rose and finn, I think we become a little more intimate with the whole rebellion, so that they won't just be canon food, and we won't care about their deaths. It helps improve, make you side with the rebels even more.
I GUESS

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
I think the best person who summed up the film was Mr.Hamill himself he said hes said that he didnt play a bigger role in the film itself but understands that this film is mean to carry star wars on for the next generation. as well the original characters and their actors are getting older now. Along with that we have to let go of the older star wars so that our kids in the future can have something to move forth,as picked up on now atm in star wars the first order rules the entire galaxy and now the Rebellion has to start over again and Rey to make the jedi into something new not so restraining and hypercritical like it was in the old days and so blind in their power.

I enjoyed the film greatly and liked how they threw in a lot of lore not a lot of people knew like how jedi can actually stay alive in space for short periods that was given to us in the old anime and Disney now just re canonized into the film. I was skeptical about the whole bomber scene untill I read in the new ship release of the design breakdowns that the bombs are actually accelerated on racks downwards not just dropped which makes sense now.

We jsut have to wait and be patient as all the bits and pieces and books are released that will fill in the questions that burn in us as disney makes the series.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Kylo becomes a Disney Princess and breaks out into song in the next movie