Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Stravagante - Application [Approved - Tantara]

Stravagante

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username: Stravagante​
2. Age: 19​
3. Gender: Male​
4. Country: England​
5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
Yes, and I agree with it's contents. Although I am a little uncertain as to what level of fantasy is allowed in builds. Don't worry! I'll get some soundings before attempting anything out of the ordinary.​
6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?
The roleplay element is something I've been considering for a while; but I've found myself unsure whether joining another would be a good idea. For now.. it sounds interesting. I may find in a few days the system in place isn't for me. I've roleplayed via IRC and roleplayed on WoW for a few years in the past. Though this will be my first Minecraft RP server: I have little doubt that I should be able to adapt easily.​
7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
Who am I? Well, I'm jobseeking. Yeah, and in this economy too. Still, I hope it won't be too long until I find something; until then I'll be playing a fair amount of Minecraft.. some Team Fortess 2 as well. (Engineer/Pyro/Medic, since you ask)​
Erm.. I like the Shin Megami Tensei games, Pokemon, fantasy and sci-fi books (Robin Hobb in particular)...​
Otherwise; a nineteen year old Londoner who's rather a geek really. Used to play World of Warcraft, dabble in League of Legends, mess around on my laptop.. I do enjoy the roleplayer side of things. One reason I rarely hit level cap even with the ease of levelling was my normal behavior of making my surly dwarf or distant mage drink in a tavern than actually slaying monsters.​
In minecraft.. I'd rather be mining or working on something than flying around and solving my problems with powers. I fear that those players rarely mine OR craft. Which... surely is the point of the game Minecraft?​
I do wonder..​
Hmm, what else.. enjoy some webcomics.. read books.. like my steak medium rare.. eat far too many skittles.. like mlp... No; I don't think there's anything else relevant to add.​
8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
Alas, I do not have any video of my builds. For one; I have NO idea how to create such; and I don't believe myself to be the best at photography or the like. Yes, I've tried; yes, I stink.​
9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
My character is already formed; mostly my own habit of investing any blank canvas characters with a backstory and history as I interact with them. In essence; a potion-brewer with a mysterious background that I know, but I'm not about to tell everyone off the bat. Or without some interaction or plausible shared backstory.​
One thing I did NOT like about WoW RP addons was when people added backstories that I couldn't possibly know. Then again, it was pretty funny to read 2 sentences with a dozen typos saying the character was a half-dragon-demonspawn or something.​
And yes; I actually DID meet one of those. Was the most entertaining thing in the tavern to play a perplexed elf asking what the other character had been drinking.​
Ah, getting off topic; aren't I?​
Anything else.. anything else... what plugins do you have? I couldn't find a list on the wiki for instance. I mention this because I'm rather fond of Bookworm; as a good bookshelf can hold some funny or informative information. Or even reveal interesting facts about a character that -while not essential- can be fun to discover and use in roleplay.​
Oh; and Showcases.​
10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
But of course! If you didn't I would think there was something wrong with you.​
11. How did you find out about our server?
Oh, I typed in "minecraft server list" or something, got a list; picked one. My previous home server has just... well.. it's just not one I'd like to associate with. So I tendered my resignation as a Builder there and left.​
12. Have you voted for us?
No.​
Well, not YET. I've yet to play on the server, yet to meet people, yet to see what the plugins you have are like..​
I don't know Hollow World yet. I don't actually know if it deserves a vote. I'm hoping it is, but voting means that I believe the server merits it right now.​
The site so far is very slick; and I like it.. so if you've got a site to vote for homepages; sure! But otherwise..​
Not yet.​

Tantara

Resigned Admin
As for your concerns, there are varying levels of roleplay all throughout the server. You'll find a place with an amount that you'll comfortable with :) I commend you for your preparedness in making a backstory beforehand. I'd recommend that it fits in with the server lore and whatnot though.

Anyways, I'm going to accept you :)
Before you do anything, I really recommend flipping through the Altera Census to get a feel for the possible towns in Altera. When you start, you'll spawn in the town of Brustenburg. Use the Altera Survival Guide to find your way to Port Silver and the docks there to start to visit towns that you'd like. You've got to live in a town on this server, so its beneficial to know what sort of town you're looking for when you start.

Also, please read the rules one last time on the wiki tab to make sure that you've got a handle of things. I'd like to put an extra emphasis on the anti x-ray rule. Any use of black magic will be discovered.

Feel free to pm myself or any other mod/admin with any questions that you may have. Users with a red name in-game are moderators or admins.

Anyways, welcome to Altera!

Stravagante

Villager
Well... that was quicker than I expected.
Figured I'd wake up to find it pending a final say.

...efficiency? In MY internets? It's more likely than you think.

Jokes aside; thanks for the heads up! I'll flick through the links once I've finished actually writing my backstory before logging in.

Tantara

Resigned Admin
I hope you've looked at the server lore XD
And yeah, we try to be as quick as possible. Thanks :)
See you in-game

Stravagante

Villager
Read the lore history; tweaked my backstory, flicked through the guide and census..

Then I tried to log-in. Not white-listed... Is that still supposed to happen now?

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Just chill Tant, usually doesn't get on till morning. So in a few hours we should be all good.