Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Summoning]Shalherana - Sunday, March 23rd

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
The problem is not that I don't want them to join.
I just kinda feel like some people think that my char has to run after them so they can join the event now, rather them having to come to Bolvar and convince him through RP, ever since I opened it for public if prior RP has happened.
Moreover it is about characters Bolvar has no knowledge of even existing in the first place. :(

If I start running after everyone who might potentially want to join though, the event would have to be set in like December where the campaign is probably already over :/

To quote one of the Staff members from a while ago: That is for me to know and for your characters to find out ;).

Two analogy now (and this is seriously not what we intend to do`): If A-tan hires an assassin to kill B-tan, do you think they would want C-tan to listen in so they can tell B-tan?

Or another example since @Ced has people wanting to join too, so potentially a similar problem:
What if Ced is just pretending to be leading a faction against the corruption and indeed plans to summon Harateth so he can corrupt Theodora too?

What I want to say is: The Church of the Golden Hammer is Part of Hierax's Government, and a Government usually doesn't tell people everything they intend to do in advance (especially not a medieval one Hierax).
The same goes for Organisations like the Guardian Crusade - A normal employee also doesn't know whats going on in the minds of the board and the CEO.

So yeah 'masses' sounds cold, I fully agree with Michcat here. - But a term fitting the RP PoV perfectly which is why I choose it, should anyone feel insulted by it I hereby apologize.

And I'm sure Ced has similar, or even the same reasons to keep it private.

Other than that something I already mentioned to Som yesterday, and yes I am aware that normal members aren't at fault for it, but the Kingdom has been approached very inappropriately by the Guardian Crusade, so the Kingdom really has no reason to let them know our intentions.

So again, everyone who feels that they really need to be there at all costs are free to seek out Bolvar in RP and persuade him about their reasons and intentions.
And really there are not many places he can be when preparing a summoning and a war against the corruption >>.
Alright :) a few of us are planning some things as well, so I wish you the best of luck! Have fun!

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Or another example since @Ced has people wanting to join too, so potentially a similar problem:
What if Ced is just pretending to be leading a faction against the corruption and indeed plans to summon Harateth so he can corrupt Theodora too?

What I want to say is: The Church of the Golden Hammer is Part of Hierax's Government, and a Government usually doesn't tell people everything they intend to do in advance (especially not a medieval one Hierax).
The same goes for Organisations like the Guardian Crusade - A normal employee also doesn't know whats going on in the minds of the board and the CEO.

So yeah 'masses' sounds cold, I fully agree with Michcat here. - But a term fitting the RP PoV perfectly which is why I choose it, should anyone feel insulted by it I hereby apologize.

And I'm sure Ced has similar, or even the same reasons to keep it private.

Other than that something I already mentioned to Som yesterday, and yes I am aware that normal members aren't at fault for it, but the Kingdom has been approached very inappropriately by the Guardian Crusade, so the Kingdom really has no reason to let them know our intentions.
Summoning Theodra is something that Ced is doing with the Rangers, apart from the Crusade, and the reason he isn't inviting all of Altera is because he wants fellow faithfuls and appropriate worshippers around. The Rangers have worshipped Theodra as their patron Goddess since Ced became one of the leaders, and Theodra herself is the Goddess of Forest Elves, which is why Ced only really wants those two sorts of people around :p

You wouldn't summon The Grey Lady if you despised magic in all its forms, would you?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Summoning Theodra is something that Ced is doing with the Rangers, apart from the Crusade, and the reason he isn't inviting all of Altera is because he wants fellow faithfuls and appropriate worshippers around. The Rangers have worshipped Theodra as their patron Goddess since Ced became one of the leaders, and Theodra herself is the Goddess of Forest Elves, which is why Ced only really wants those two sorts of people around :p

You wouldn't summon The Grey Lady if you despised magic in all its forms, would you?
As said your reasons are similar to mine ;)

Alright :) a few of us are planning some things as well, so I wish you the best of luck! Have fun!
As said you are free to join through RP - Bolvar just won't go to PS and rrandmonly tell people to come to the summoning ;)

Something I should also say is that I got several summonings planned and some of them will definitely be 100% open for public, rather than semi-open with letting people in late/sending them out early ;)

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Bro, I gotta be honest with you. People aren't gonna approach Bolvar (A person they know nothing about) on something they know nothing about. The way you're acting looks like you favour an extremely privatized event - Which is pretty okay, just don't be upset if people don't show up.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Bro, I gotta be honest with you. People aren't gonna approach Bolvar (A person they know nothing about) on something they know nothing about. The way you're acting looks like you favour an extremely privatized event - Which is pretty okay, just don't be upset if people don't show up.
Aehm Mich I'm not set up about it.
The thing is that it is a circulating problem.
First off I don't mind if people want to join it, I wouldn't have offered them to RP it out otherwise.
Yet, Bolvar knows nothing about them either, in fact he doesn't even know whether they exist.
In @Somnastra 's case I think it was indeed me having offered to RP it out from the start after the post in the Theodora thread. Other people however Pmed me whether they want to participate.

So yeah its kind of a devil's circle.

Either way lets close this thread and I will make a new one that is public from the very beginning(Which i will also write up in a way they know about it) - for those 2 sentences I don't want (most)people to hear there is a whisper channel either way.
This way everoyne will be happy and the topic is (at least for the Golden Hammer summonings) out of the world.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Barring unexpected stuff, I can make anytime thats in the PST Daytime Hours (graveyard shifts).

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I'd love to reply, but for me, Hollowworld forums are really slow for no reason and it takes about five minutes to load a page, if it loads at all. This is a slight pain... T_T

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'd say either 8 or 9 pm ; depending on amount of people - kinda forgot that 9 gmt means 10 pm for bode xD;
Probably more ninish though :)