Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The battle of the Airdocks - followed by : The duel of Queen Leminth against Tavish the Demon

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
On this 1st of LightShine, 2258, rumors were suddenly heard that Nether portals had opened at the Airdocks.
Instantly, Alterans armed themselves, taking weapons and armors, and rushed towards the Airdocks, to defend their world.

The portals, huges, had opened right in the middle of the Airdocks. The merchants had fleed already for some time, as soon as the first signs of corruption appeared.
On top the of hill, the waters had turned to lava, while gigantic tentacles, bursting from the seas around the cliffs, where slashing furiously the air around the houses.

Warriors arrived en masse, approaching slowly the *two* portals.
"Two portals..." whispered someone. "We're doomed!"

While the crowd was arming and putting on their armors, Grief's voice was heard :
"You will suffer... and die!"

And at these words, legions of creatures bursted from the portal, hell pigs and ablazed monsters, running towards the warriors that were gathered in front of the portal.

" There... I will bring... the sky into... dark"
Suddenly, the skies went totally dark, only litten by the glow of the Tentacles burning flames.
"My... sweet... giants..."
"Hold strong, don't get stepped on!!" shouted the Queen, while gigantic beasts appeared through the portal.
Warriors stepped back at this sight, but their courage quickly came back as one of them, running forward, had the first hit to the giant's feet. Once again, the creatures were slayed, being slowly brougth to the ground.

"Do... your worst... you moron... crafter" and then again, black cubes of Nether and flying white creatures spawned through the portal, splashing nether around them and spitting balls of fire...
The archers fired all at once, decimating the hordes of monster, even if some more were coming at every second.

"Aha! We are hold-... " began the Queen.
And then, Hells were unleashed, once more, while another countless legion of monsters - more than the previous times - were appearing in the portal.
The warriors, gathering in the center of the battlefield, ran directly into the group of monsters, slashing left and right, trying to get the the heart of the melee, where the ranged attacks of their foes couldn't be used.

"How... dare you....." said Grief's voice, while the group of monsters was destroyed, once again.

"Hold the line!" someone shouted, again.
"Your... heart... will be...... .... poisoned...."
At these words, the corruption spread a little further, taking over the grass on the ground. The crowd took a step back, affraid of being corrupted themselves.
And as the last monster died, the portal suddently shut down, crumbling and destroying itself.

"Ha-ha! we did it!" shouted someone.
"Is it... over?"
Everyone instantly rejoiced, seeing the second portal also crumbling into pieces.

"...... die..... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" said Grief's voice shouting.
And the tentacles, bursting from the seas, suddenly spreaded all around above the island, burning from Nether flames, trying to grab the warriors.

"Move your arses!" shouted the Queen, running to avoid a Tentacle.
"Get away from the corruption!"
Not listening the Queen, the warriors tried to stab the tentacles, slashing into their non-natural flesh, doing them no harm.
Despite the victory of the portals closing, the Airdocks seemed to be lost, as the tentacles continued spreading all over, burning the ground, tearing into the stone as easily as a knife in butter.

"We must burn the airships! We cannot let Grief have them!" shouted someone.
"Save what airships you can!" answered the Queen, retreating herself.

And suddently, a horn sounded.
"Get back to Port Silver! Everyone!" a voice shouted.

Grief's corruption and tentacles took that sound as the sound of their victory, gaining in strength and speed, spreading over the bridge toward Port Silver balloon.

"... We have to stop it spreading!" said someone.
"I have enough explosives at the Cove to destroy the docks!"
"... Ever blown something up ?" answered the Queen, amused.
"Shall I gring the Cove's cannons ?"
"Get them. The Corruption ends here" answered the Queen.
And that sentence was the end of the Airdocks. Running around, Admirals and people of the Navy brought all their firepower in top of the Airdocks, aiming at Grief's tentacles, while these ones continued their slow ascension towards them, crawling around, slashing furiously the air.

"EVERYONE! RETREAT!" shouted the Queen.
Instantly, everyone felt back, running towars the air ships.

Everyone, but the ones that lighted the fuses of the cannons, hoping that would be enough to stop the tentacles.

And as the first cannonballs were launched in the air, tentacles seems to got hit, breaking into bits, hurling and howling in horror and pain. More cannons fired, their cannonballs sinking into the awful flesh of the tentacles, tearing them apart.

"SHHHHHHHHHRIIIEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!" was Grief voice shouting, with obvious signs of pain in her voice, while the last cannon was fired up and the last warriors hoped onto the Ballons taking off.

- Galim Aletus -

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
After the battle of the Airdocks and the defeat of the Corruption using the Navy's cannon and the loss of the Airdocks, the Queen gathered the warriors that were there with her in front of the Port Silver Inn, to speak to them.

As the speech was taking place, a skulking Tavish showed up on the roofs, howling in anger at the Corruption Queen Leminth and Captain Darko blew up.

Drawing an arrow and aiming at Tavish, the Queen and demanded the demon to depart from Port Silver:
"The rest of Grief's demons has fled, begone from Altera!"
Ignoring the threat, Tavish jumped down from the roof into the crowd. Everyone stood back, afraid of what could be coming. Everyone but the Queen, standing still, her arrow aimed directly at the demon's heart.
But her confidence faded as the demon, stepping towards her, demanded a duel with her:
"My Mistress will destroy you all!"

"You Mistress is no liege of mine! She holds no power in our lands!" answered back the Queen.
Instantly driven mad by these words, Tavish charged straight at the Queen.
And Leminth let her arrow flew.
"May your aim be ever-true" whispered Theodras, right next to the Queen.

Guided by and ever-faithful confidence and by the Gods, Leminth's true aim hit Tavish right in the forehead, while Septimus, Keeper of Records, took a step forward, placing himself between the Demon and the Queen, taking the brunt of the charge.

While Septimus was repelled back by the clash, Tavish stumbled back, struck but the arrow sticking out of his forehad, and looked at the rainy sky, howling at the dark skies.

Taking benefit of that moment of hesitation, the Queen strode forward, drawing out her blade and, in one powerful and accurate swing, sliced the demon's throat.
And grasping the hilt of her sword with both hands, she impaled the demon.

While the blade pierced him, Tavish dropped the Black Cube, that fell on the ground, rolling at the Queen's feet.
The Demon kneeled, slowly, the blad of the Queen still in his body, then fell on the ground.
Dead.

Leminth looked up to the crowd around her, silent, as Tavish dissolved into Nether flames.
Slowly, she kneeled and picked up her sword, as some of her mens were cautiously taking the Cube and bringing it to the Royal Palace, to be kept in safe custody.

And that is the tale of how the Queen Leminth fought Tavish the great Demon, and won.

- Galim Aletus -

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
* Can't read common *

Wha's this even say?

Just kidding, 'twas excellent.

-K9

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
How can a cube roll?.. Also some spelling mistakes.. But nice story.. The duel with the queen and Tavish went a little differently.. But yeah, cool.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
How can a cube roll?.. Also some spelling mistakes.. But nice story.. The duel with the queen and Tavish went a little differently.. But yeah, cool.
Sorry, I'm not a native english speaker... so there's surely some spelling and grammer mistakes....

And that's how I go told that story soooooo...... ^^

ForestRose

The rosiest of forests.
ForestRose
ForestRose
I never actually got on the airship... my laptop overheated and died before I could... I'm stuck in the corruption..?

Edit: Nevermind, airships are still working :)