Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Fiendish FAQ

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
The Wish || Generally one single desire, the Fiend or Abyssal grants a wish within the Contract. For the Fiend to grow, the Contract must last. And with that, the Fiend will provide as close to whatever the Abyssal sought as a wish in order to maintain this agreement of power. As should the Abyssal giving new contracts. If the request is beyond its ability, it would choose not to make an unreachable Contract, since it becomes a failed contract to them as well. If the Contract has more than one desire, the cost will increase. The Wish can be like the following: A Faustian Bargain for arcane power, an Artifact, or something abornomal and unachievable. Meaning- a child if two parents cannot concieve, or mutations favorable to the Abyssal. Wishes aren't always granted in the moment- it may take dedication and time, or the patron may request a task or obstacle.
+10/24/22: Clarification on the boundary of a Wish

Last edited by a moderator:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
The Fall || If an Abyssal dies, they will lose a succession rank.
+10/28/22: Removed the negative effects of losing contracts to balance out with the Vyre curse. If the Abyssal dies, their contracts are in limbo unless they revive. If the Abyssal is excorcised, all contracts they have are untethered and will be in limbo. Those contracted remain Abyssal and can seek out a new contract with those in their line, or the head demon. It can be done through a proper summons, or through an event ticket/forum convo.
"If those they led to corruption and possessions stray from the path, they will lose a rank."

Last edited by a moderator:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Update 3/27/23

Appearance || The Abyssal appears as descriptions listed in the Infernal forms, but more vicious. Their skin may alter and carry on the natural colors of their Contracted.
[In sacrifice of wings, the Consumed may have a thin long, or medium, length tail with a dull pointed triangle end (up to the length of ones arm). It cannot be used as an extended body part and is mostly an aesthetic addition.]
+Added clarification on appearance for Abyssal
+Added a sacrifice of Consumed aesthetic wings for a Consumed tail for Abyssal
+Changed all Abyssmal words to Abyssal (Thanks Arget Istalri )

Sophe

Lord of Altera
Good
Pronouns
She/Her
Abyssal question! Would an abyssal lose their elemental on being contracted?

hayhaiya

Official Alteran
Patron
Pronouns
She/Her
HayHai
HayHai
Patron
q: How long does the change occur?
a: The change occurs over a few days in roleplay. It can be at least an ooc day.
I will admit, the wording of the answer confuses me. Is this saying that the final transformation must be completed by the end of one ooc day? Is it saying that the soonest the transformation can be fully complete is by the end of one ooc day, but you can roleplay it taking slight longer? I guess what I'm asking is: What is the minimum amount of time and what is the maximum amount of time for the physical aspects of the transformation to fully take hold? I don't need an exact answer in like hours or whatever, but having a vague time frame would be nice.

Arget Istalri

Legend of Altera
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
ArgetIstalri
ArgetIstalri
Merchant
I will admit, the wording of the answer confuses me. Is this saying that the final transformation must be completed by the end of one ooc day? Is it saying that the soonest the transformation can be fully complete is by the end of one ooc day, but you can roleplay it taking slight longer? I guess what I'm asking is: What is the minimum amount of time and what is the maximum amount of time for the physical aspects of the transformation to fully take hold? I don't need an exact answer in like hours or whatever, but having a vague time frame would be nice.
The mighty Solus says it can take anywhere between a couple of hours and three days. Hope that helps!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey all- I just want to clarify that no infernal runes on horns glow- they're merely carvings that appear within the horns for both Infernal and Abyssal. I'd like to leave that to Knacks.

Update 4/16:
+Added lore that was not revealed yet for Abyssal. True Form, Holy War, Death of the Fiend. True Form allows some aesthetic steam and embers coming off the character, but anything else should not be occuring- we're going to leave that for Knack flavoring.
+Added that knowledge that Abyssal know Infernal. It was implied, but now it's in the lore.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
How to Summon a Demonic Entity
(I'm moving this over here from the old campaign threads.)

Send a similiar Form through an Event Ticket

Character Name:
Process:
Intention:

It may potentially be asked to be an Event Thread.
I am attempting to limit solo summons- and only do those for people in the Arcane branch for Faustian Bargains. Please make sure you have someone along with you, unless there's an agreement that it was private.

People who have summoned already cannot summon a Fiend for another month.
This is so that there's no overwhelming the Fiend DM over queries, demands and requests.
Thank you.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
[Enthralled] Three times a day, touching an object of any metal can quickly alter it in an intense heat that does not harm the Enthralled themselves. It is equivalent to Refined Irzis-Fyr. The metal turns a red-hue, wafting black-smoke.

Does this mean the demon contracted can alter the shape of the metal in the immense heat or just that it turns into refined irzis-fyr equivelant?

LuxTop

Legend of Altera
[Enthralled] Three times a day, touching an object of any metal can quickly alter it in an intense heat that does not harm the Enthralled themselves. It is equivalent to Refined Irzis-Fyr. The metal turns a red-hue, wafting black-smoke.

Does this mean the demon contracted can alter the shape of the metal in the immense heat or just that it turns into refined irzis-fyr equivelant?
The latter from my knowledge.

xVigil

Legend of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
xSneekz
xSneekz
Legend
A change to Infernal abilities has been made.

- Darksight was removed, replaced by:

+ Infernal Sense | With the demonic passenger attached to their soul they develop a sort of intuition when making inferences and observations on topics related to the hellscape. For example, they are more likely to ascertain a detail about a creature from hell thanks to the spirit that is possessing them. They receive a +2 bonus to any hellscape-related Lore rolls.

Those who are currently Infernal will find that their uncanny ability to see in the dark has gone away, and instead their mind becomes more acquainted with the being within, granting them more insight into the hellscape it came from.