Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Fiendish FAQ

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
░▒▓█▓▒░▒▓█▓▒░▒▓█▓▒░▒▓█▓
═──────────────────═

- THE -
-= FAQ =-

Questions and Answers.

ⵈ ═══════════════════════ ⵈ
q: How long does the change occur?
a: The change occurs over a few days in roleplay. It can be at least an ooc day.

q: How do you learn about the abilities?
a: The abilities you can slowly learn, rather than have it be explained- you will feel like you became more enlightened about it.

q: What's the fiend's presence feel like?
a: It feels more like a presence than someone you can talk with. You can sense its distaste around Holy places and its emotions can conflict with yours. It can be angry/jittery/excited. Often forcing you to speak a demonic tongue without your knowledge

q: Does touching holy objects harm you?
a: Touching Holy or Divine objects makes an Infernal uncomfortable, but does not harm you. Only touching Holy Symbols will leave a warm imprint on the skin.

q: Can you touch another possessed item?
a: Touching other Fiendish possessed items won't force an Infernal to become possessed again, unless the DM decides there's a conflict of interest in the rolls and asks for it. If an Infernal does touch one, they'll recognize the kin inside the object much like their own. On occasions, the object may act differently than others would (become too hot too touch, etc)

q: Can I recognize other Infernal?
a: Physically, one might be able to recognize another Infernal based on their appearance alone. Other Infernal may at least feel a familiarity with other Infernals when in close proximity (whisper range). They can't recognize them if they're in disguise, but they can sense a kinship at the most.

q: Can Divine Spells to calm you work?
a: Yes- Divine spells can be used to calm you if you don't resist the spell. If there's a request to contest it, you can look up spell mechanics, or see if the spell asks for a contesting roll and do that.
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/spell-rolling-mechanics.53209/ - I'll do my best to answer any questions on what roll exactly when it comes to a specific spell, or you can ask someone in the Divine Team.

q: What happens on Holy Grounds/Holy Shrines?
a: Walking on Holy Ground feels uncomfortable at the most- the infernal can sense the fiend inside distates/dislikes it. Walking into Holy Shrines (any one of the Pantheon), feels uncomfortable and unwelcoming. Like you don't belong there and the Fiend inside is lightly repulsed by it.

q: How do you play the Fiend?
a: I've let the players decide if you want to have the Fiend in you take over often, or minimal, or all together.. or if it just enhances some of your character's maliciousness -- so I'll leave that to you. So long as the idea that a malicious entity is inside you, possessing you, is conveyed in roleplay, then you're playing it well.

q: If you die, does the demon go away?
a: Yes, if you actually die without any exorcisms, the fiend entity in you will go away/disappear/essentially 'die' from this realm. You'll be as normal upon revival, and can flavorfully still feel the effects of its loss if you choose it.

Edit: This is only applicable to those Infernal

q: Does mimicry imitate other sounds?
a: Mimicry only imitates tones you can make with your mouth/speak.

q: Can I understand some of the demonic runes on the horns if I look in the mirror?
a: The Infernal Tongue is a strange coded language. You may be able to catch some words, but not all of them, upon the horns. They'll be vile words of torment, pain or anguish. Words like "Blood, Vanquish, Urges, Destruction, Suffering,"

q: How to Summon a Demonic Entity

a: Send a similiar Form through an Event Ticket

Character Name:
Process:
Intention:

It may potentially be asked to be an Event Thread.
I am attempting to limit solo summons- and only do those for people in the Arcane branch for Faustian Bargains. Please make sure you have someone along with you, unless there's an agreement that it was private.

People who have summoned already cannot summon a Fiend for another month.
This is so that there's no overwhelming the Fiend DM over queries, demands and requests.
Thank you.

q: Can an Abyssal of one Fiend turn an Abyssal of another Fiend into an Infernal?
a: No, Abyssals are immune to all possessed objects made by other Abyssals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
q: How do I get involved?
a: Currently, the process is only done through the Campaign Nettled Eyes in Dreary Fables. I've had a few people interested, and I'd just ask to wait for events to sign up for, or follow the threads out there that are already there. I tend to work slowly and in smaller capacities, so that it's easier to focus and cater to a better rp experience. In time, I may get help that will spread the chance to join in here.

q: Does Blooded Silver work on the Fiendish?
a: Yes, Blooded Silver works on the cursed Fiendish

---

Taking Q's here

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
q: If you die, does the demon go away?
a: Yes, if you actually die without any exorcisms, the fiend entity in you will go away/disappear/essentially 'die' from this realm. You'll be as normal upon revival, and can flavorfully still feel the effects of its loss if you choose it.
Where does a character selling heir soul land in terms of this? Is there a point of no return?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Where does a character selling heir soul land in terms of this? Is there a point of no return?
With most things, there are points of no return. But during the campaign, players can shape things and see what more lore/story is revealed to find out.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
the thread says characters under the age of 16 cannot be possessed, so what happens when one comes into contact with a cursed object?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
the thread says characters under the age of 16 cannot be possessed, so what happens when one comes into contact with a cursed object?
They'll experience flashes of exhaustion, at the most, if the soul tried to wrap around theirs, but pulls back.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
This is not important, though it intrigues me!

The mutations that grow upon a possessed, such as horns, full black eyes-- do they stay the same mutated if cut off the possessed? Furthermore, given the unnatural addition of things such as horns, would they regrow?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Are possessed infertile?
No little hellspawns, Correct?
Edit: Not infertile, but don't recommend pergnant folk getting possessed. However, Infernal/Abysmal can get pregnant.
No hellspawns.
(Amended 6/9/2022)

Is this the same for vyres?
yes

Do the fiendish have any different dietary requirements?
no

This is not important, though it intrigues me!

The mutations that grow upon a possessed, such as horns, full black eyes-- do they stay the same mutated if cut off the possessed? Furthermore, given the unnatural addition of things such as horns, would they regrow?
They stay mutated. Eyes cannot regrow. Horns grow back slowly, as bones can naturally grow. It's a painful process, like teething.

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
BANISHING POWDER | POWDER
Appearance: A fine, white powder that is soft to the touch. It smells of burnt sage.
Effect: When sprinkled on the ground in a straight line, the powder will take effect without any visual cues. Creatures related to Jishrim and Skraag (spiders, Undead, Vyres, Supernatural entities, etc.) are deterred and avoid approaching the user. If they are provoked and cross the line of Banishing Powder, it will catch on pure white fire and light the crossing entity or entities aflame. These white flames spread quicker than regular fire, incapacitating the creature(s) in a matter of seconds. After this, the powder is burnt up and the effect finished. Persons who are thematically related to Jishrim or Skraag (Vyres, Blessed of Jishrim or Skraag, possessed persons, etc.) feel a great sense of unease around the powder, instinctively deterred from crossing or going near it. The effect persists as long as they are near the powder (3 block radius), however it isn’t binding as they can overcome the feeling with some effort and cross the boundary without being burnt. If the Powder remains unburnt and undisturbed, it is effective for 1 entire day (24 hours). After the Powder is burnt, a clean, pure scent is left in the air.
Side-Effect: Banishing Powder will make a Jishrim Blessed (for example) momentarily hesitant to approach or cross the boundary, but ultimately doesn’t stop them from doing so. Although it keeps the user safe from the entities mentioned, provocation will make them overcome the deterrent.
Resources: Blooded Silver Essence, Crimsonwort Essence.
As Bloodied Silver effects demon-possessed and demons, would this powder be lore-friendly and possibly updated to also work against demons / possessed?

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good

Does blooded silver masterwork glow in the presence of them?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
As Bloodied Silver effects demon-possessed and demons, would this powder be lore-friendly and possibly updated to also work against demons / possessed?
The powder is specifically for Jishrim and Skraag aligned, but I'll see what the HClore team thinks about it.

Does blooded silver masterwork glow in the presence of them?
yes

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Can internals who turn (Not into feral) into vyres lose their demons?
Or is that process locked out?

The_VALKYRIE

Lord of Altera
Legend
The_VALKYRIE
The_VALKYRIE
Legend
If an infernal attempted an act in opposition to a divine and then attempted to trespass on that divines holy ground, would the infernal feel more repulsed by the area?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Can internals who turn (Not into feral) into vyres lose their demons?
Or is that process locked out?
It's strange- those Infernal can't seem to turn into Vyres. When bitten/attempted to be turned, the fiendish soul inside is able to push away the curse before it takes hold.
Vyres can't turn into Infernal- as mentioned in the public Fiend area, as they're now under Skraag's watch

If an infernal attempted an act in opposition to a divine and then attempted to trespass on that divines holy ground, would the infernal feel more repulsed by the area?
That's flavor up to the Infernal. They will generally feel troubled in Divine Grounds and even more in Holy Shrines.

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Can a blessed protect themselves from fiendisism with Providence?
|| PROVIDENCE ||
The blessed’s soul is warded by their faith in their Divine. If something tries to possess them, or they’re targeted by an effect that is functionally identical to possession, the blessed may roll a d6 save to resist it. If they roll their tier or lower on the d6, the possession fails and has no effect. They are additionally fully immune to any attempts to lay claim to their soul (in terms of it being trapped, imprisoned, or otherwise by some entity. This is not expected to come up much in RP, but exists for flavor). For curses or afflictions like Vyrism or Spiritblessed, they may resist it outright or optionally roll a possession save against it.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
If a construct looks upon a Fiendish person does their anti-corruption programming kick in and are they then compelled to destroy the Fiendish?