Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

the forsworn will rise

d_fry

Lord of Altera
since this is both an organization and a build i decided to split it into 2 threads. the build thread will be posted as soon as i make it.

My name is Dagur Snowhawk. I was born into the clan snowhawk, one of the final direct descendants of the ancient humans of the north. we lived in shrinking tundra and mountain villages, the likes of which cannot be found today. many of our structures dated back to the ancient days when we worshiped freely the 4 gods of the seasons and their many spirits. i was taught of these as a child in the original tongue but my generation would be the last. as years passed many young members of our kin left our villages to find a better life in the great cities of altera. this is a story few have heard. back when our people live freely, the natives of the north, all was kept in balance by our 4 gods. Gravuun god of fall, Koor god of summer, Fo Diin god of winter, and Faad Stin god of spring all kept perfect Ro (balance) along with hundreds of spirits. as other races and nations pushed closer to our land our gods knew in spirit they could not defeat these new gods and their power weakened. as one last attempt, that maybe what they could not win in spirit they could win in flesh, the gods created dragons and trapped their souls inside them. for some spirits this was too much and they were driven mad and cast out into the south and became wild. for centuries our people worshiped the dragons in peace but human greed over came. the clans of man had become too strong they threw away their religion and fought each other for land. only one clan was left, the snowhawks. my people were spread thin between ancient temples and cities carved in to the mountains during the dragons'reign. our villages shrunk as generation after generation left for the modern world. even i left in my youthful pride, torn away by lies of plunder and glory. many died and now all of our cities lie empty and only the dead stay to defend them. the dragons have been hunted to near extinction. the wild ones are still found rarely but our god spirits hid away in the mountains ages ago and have not been seen since.
Now the clan snowhawk will rise again, though few of our true kin exist we will reunite and reclaim our ancient inheritance. already i have begun the renewal of Staadnau our ancient temple and fortress. squatters, bandits and wild beast now claim our homes but not for long. we call all true northern humans to reunite and reclaim our land. we will over come our enemies with ancient magic (mainly potions or members of the rp magic list) and mastery of the nord bow. the forsworn will rise for we swear to retake what is ours.

i will put more info about joining in the build thread. i have created and bought a region. i hope to start building soon and begin rp soon after. this clan is not directly part of any house. if any of this lore does not fit please, lore crafters let me know. for now here is a introductory form

1- what race is your rp character?

2- which house (if any are you part of)?

3- are you best at; alchemy, fighting, or sneaking?

4- do you wish to join the forsworn?

5- what position would best suit you? (raiding leader, guard, mage, builder, priest, ect)

6- how often are you on hollow world? (every day, almost everyday, once a week, less...)

7- where do you currently live in HW?

8- are you more interested in the building projects or rp battles?

9- random?

d_fry

Lord of Altera
i do know this is is considered an act of heretcism by the church, thats why we hide in the hills away from civilization. :D

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
We seem to have very similar stories my friend. I am lord of house Icecloak, last remaining northern family. I too have left my homeland though. We should speak at some point.

Michaël Dirix

Legend of Altera
We seem to have very similar stories my friend. I am lord of house Icecloak, last remaining northern family. I too have left my homeland though. We should speak at some point.
My character came from the North too....I have written the lore but Legion still has to approve it to be published

d_fry

Lord of Altera
im glad to find other survivors who have not forgotten their heritage though it might seem there are some family kinks to work out.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
sorry i misread your comments, i thought you both claimed to be of the same family but did not know each other. anyway ill create a build thread soon. would you guys please fill out the info, you wont be committing to anything but it is nice to get to know people better.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Who you worship no one cares (most of us, anyway) but they won't be added to the Pantheon.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
he'll be a heretic, which is a crime. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.
true, im looking forward to the rp aspects of it mainly. the whole religious part will probably lessen as we grow from a group of religious rebels to more of a local clan warlord hideout.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
Who you worship no one cares (most of us, anyway) but they won't be added to the Pantheon.
exactly we simply are a group of armed individuals who remember our heritage and live where few dare to. we are not trying to make our beliefs accepted rather to respect our ancestors and carry out our heritage. look at us like a native reserve not a cult.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
if you guys are interested i think we may be able to compromise since there are few of us at the moment. hshotwell, ive seen your excellent bandit and bow work in the SW. michael, i'd like to see some of your lore because you seem to enjoy that. hshotwell could be head warrior and michael could be the priest/historian (we need to tread carefully with heresy stuff). if you accept and prove loyal we will move forward.

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
This would be lovely. However it should be noted that michael and I have somewhat of a quarel. I would love to get past it though, this may be a great opertunity to do such. I also think we could unite under my house, it would add even more rp to us being a northern family.