Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

THE LAST OF US

Yoda

Lord of Altera
This game...

Wow.

Here's a poster I got for free.
WP_000169.jpg

What are your thoughts on the game? Would you like to see a sequel? Are you reading the comic books made around Ellie before the game takes place? What's your favourite part of the game?

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
This game is so well executed.
A wonderfully made game, excellent acting and perfect audio.
I'd love a sequel,and I'd pay top dollar for it.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
To be honest, I don't think the ending of the game should be thought of that much. Joel won't want to talk of it, and neither will Ellie. I kinda feel like I should move on from those event just like the two of them, but I never will.

Spark

Broken
THE GOD DAMN FEEEEELS

People are like OMG JOEL KILLED MILLIONS but to be fair, most are beyond a curable stage and the main focus should be about rebuilding society, so really the fireflies are damaging the chances of human survival more than helping it.

If I was put in that situation I would have saved her too. The life of a young girl who is immune is worth more than curing some braindead humans. The fungus attacks the brain so even if they were cured they would have brain damage.

All in all....best game for story in the past 10 years IMO.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I want to agree with and like that, so I've liked it and stated here that I agree with your post.

I agree with your post.

Spark

Broken
Yoda said:
I want to agree with and like that, so I've liked it and stated here that I agree with your post.

I agree with your post.
Sorry I'm confused.... Do you agree or not? You really need to be more clear :3

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
People are like OMG JOEL KILLED MILLIONS but to be fair, most are beyond a curable stage and the main focus should be about rebuilding society, so really the fireflies are damaging the chances of human survival more than helping it.

If I was put in that situation I would have saved her too. The life of a young girl who is immune is worth more than curing some braindead humans. The fungus attacks the brain so even if they were cured they would have brain damage.

All in all....best game for story in the past 10 years IMO.
Curing the disease would not be to save those already infected, it would be to ensure that no others could get infected. Rebuilding society with any sort of freedom would require that the society not be built around doing everything possible to prevent bites and the disease spreading. If spores and bites were not something you had to worry about, it would be possible to then rebuild society.

If I were put in Joel's position, I would have prevented the operation (though hopefully without killing everyone) and then asked what Ellie wanted. if she wanted to live, we'd go on our merry way. If she wanted to sacrifice herself to cure the plague, then that would be her choice to make.
I do still love the ending, because it is certainly original, and I did not see it coming. One of the best games ive played in a long time.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Curing the disease would not be to save those already infected, it would be to ensure that no others could get infected. Rebuilding society with any sort of freedom would require that the society not be built around doing everything possible to prevent bites and the disease spreading. If spores and bites were not something you had to worry about, it would be possible to then rebuild society.

If I were put in Joel's position, I would have prevented the operation (though hopefully without killing everyone) and then asked what Ellie wanted. if she wanted to live, we'd go on our merry way. If she wanted to sacrifice herself to cure the plague, then that would be her choice to make.
I do still love the ending, because it is certainly original, and I did not see it coming. One of the best games ive played in a long time.

You weren't really in a position to make a reasoned decision like that. As you approached the hospital you were talking with Ellie about how you're gonna teach her how to fish, and how to swim, and basically thought of her as your daughter.

Not to mention that Ellie doesn't wake up from the anaesthetic until what seems to be several hours after you were fleeing from a horde of angry Fireflies with assault weapons.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
You weren't really in a position to make a reasoned decision like that. As you approached the hospital you were talking with Ellie about how you're gonna teach her how to fish, and how to swim, and basically thought of her as your daughter.

Not to mention that Ellie doesn't wake up from the anaesthetic until what seems to be several hours after you were fleeing from a horde of angry Fireflies with assault weapons.
Joel was not in the state of mind for that. I have significantly different thought processes and priorities than he does. No reason to assume I would not be in a state to reason.

And the delay is fine. When she woke up I would ask her then. Does she want to continue on, or does she want to go back?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Assuming you'd been through what Joel had been through with Ellie, would you really want her to die at the climax of the quest? Months of toil, terror, and near-death injury, all for this one girl, who then has to die?

Anyways, you'd no doubt get shot up if you returned after killing all those dudes.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Assuming you'd been through what Joel had been through with Ellie, would you really want her to die at the climax of the quest? Months of toil, terror, and near-death injury, all for this one girl, who then has to die?

Anyways, you'd no doubt get shot up if you returned after killing all those dudes.
If that was what she wanted: yes.

There wouldnt be many people left to shoot me up, and if I was fully cooperative and brought the girl, theyd deal with me in order to get the cure.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
You're making a lot of assumptions here that don't quite meet up with how the world of the game works.

There were cannibals. At least a town's worth of them. People aren't reasonable. Hell, if you listen in on their discussions while stealthed you can hear the Fireflies talking about how they personally want to see you die to get back for the slaughter you caused on the lower floors. They'd kill you with a sniper and take her forcefully if they had ot.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The cannibals were the hunters, a group of people very distinctly dichotomized as separate in the multiplayer. It also said that the Fireflies would do anything for a cure. If I said that I would give them the cure if they let me live, hell yea they would do it.

Lemarc

Lord of Altera
Personally, I put the ending this way.
Ellie did not wanted to die. At the very end... He lied, she knew. She was sure Joel would do anything to protect her, she got her proof.

Spark

Broken
I didn't think Ellie knew he was lying at the end, I she did, she would most likely swear at him or something

Taking her back to the fireflies would be no gain to anyone, the brain surgeon is dead xD