Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The man who never would.

Geo_08

The Ghost of Altera
Upon strolling though the palace today I noticed a sight that troubled me, blood - not as if one had cut themselves but splattered across many surfaces. The trees, the fountains, the windows and the streets stained.
A party of adventurers lead the way to the town of Ama Rivetos and we followed the trail into a crypt deep under the town.
Luna lead the mission at first and I followed we ran though the narrow bloodstained corridors of the crypt until we arrived in a small room no more than 7 by 7 which was filled with the smell of death, there in the shadows we saw it, pale, it's freshly bloodstained fangs glistening in the dim light.

The creature was clever, manipulative and scared some of the adventurers. The vampire began to taunt us, telling us the air was running out, convincing us we were going to die in this-this miserable crypt of death and doom.

At this point I could no longer let Luna lead, I took charge, nobody objected to this, I told the group to get out of the chamber many of them went but Luna was stubborn and refused to leave. I had to have her dragged out by our fellow adventurers.

Alone, me and him, the dim coolness of the room was enough to break one of a weak stomach. We stared at each other looked into one another's eyes. I said to him that I could kill him with a click of my fingers and I saw in his eyes that he knew this but he didn't react. I became more and more angry, I drew my sword and pressed it to his neck. I'm not sure what triggered his reaction, but he looked truly scared, maybe it was the shear anger in my eyes but he backed into the corner where I looked into his panicked eyes and released him. I said to him "remember this, the man who never would" I threw the sword to the ground and ran closing the door behind me. The vampire seemed shocked then he got angry. He chased us but could not open his door, his screams pierced the air making our ears beg us for mercy. I had to turn back and try to help him...

I went back, gave him the sword I had thrown in his chamber, stared at him and told him "strike me" at this point Luna came rushing back as she turned the corner I turned to see her and the vampire took his opportunity to strike me down. He plunged his sword into my stomach even though in his mind he thought he couldn't hurt a ghost his determination must have brought forth some magical force behind his swing, the pain was very much real I fell against the wall, at this point I could no longer see Luna's face but I knew she was still there. The vampire showed no mercy though and continued to swing his sword at me, cutting my leg and I fell to the ground. At this point the vampire was about to strike me down for good when he saw the rest of our party leaving. He charged after them with un-human speed and Luna came running towards me.

I was dying at this point onto which I summoned what was left of my willpower and commanded "adalu-heeven" Nothing happened, I commanded the air once more "adalu-heeven" still no response from the air. I slid further down the wall i was leaning on and I shouted to the air "Adalu-Heeven!!!" The walls shuddered, a bright light burst though the cracks and I arose, dusted myself of and announced to Luna "Elven magic - does the trick every time" We then gave chase as the rest of the party began to slash at the vampire as he had managed to catch up with them at the docks.

We ran, we knew what was going to happen but ran in some kind of hope that we could prevent it. Them we heard it, the stomach churning sound of a sword causing a wound. I ran forward and caught the vampire in my arms, he was dying. He said to me "let me burn - so i can be with my family" I looked disapprovingly at those around me and scolded them, I then turned my attention back to the vampire "Let me die" he said. I looked at Luna and she looked back at me. I took the vampire's blood stained sword and plunged it strait into his heart, he said to me "take me to my crypt" as his last breath left his lungs.

Luna began to cry. I too felt tears welling up I turned to the rest of the party and managed to say the words "take him to his crypt and show some respect"

The walk to the crypt took what seemed like hours. We placed the vampire upon his place of slumber and we gave a small ceremony. Everybody felt regretful. I felt the most upset out of all of the lot - the man who never would, did it.

However I knew he wasn't dead and my last words to him were "'till next time" to which he replied "aye ghost, till next time"

A few days passed I decided to confront Luna about it. It seemed a big burden to place on somebody so young. She seemed angry at everybody and when we met she looked at me and I was taken back her eyes, a inferno of red brewing with anger. When i asked if she was ok her eyes changed back and she sighed. I suggested we visited the crypt to which she agreed.

We arrived at the tomb to find the vampire very much alive in his chamber. Luna mediately tacked him and began to tickle him to which I sighed.

After an odd silence where we all wanted to speak but needed somebody to start, I said to the vampire "I have given you a choice, change your ways and live on peacefully, return to your ways before and I will slay you" The vampire agreed to this saying to me "do you remember her?" "yes" i replied "do you remember the look on her face when you threw her into the void?" I once again agreed "you know what will happen when she comes back don't you" the vampire continued "let us hope for the sake of us all that that day never comes" I replied.

From this day forth My full title will be King Geo V - The man who never would.

The merciful king, the king who gives second chances.

But remember, one day Killrox will claim all.

(thanks for reading let me know what you think, this is based of a rp event that happened ingame)

billybob_579

Legend of Altera
Very good, it was well written and an enjoyable read. But I have to ask,was the title a nod to Doctor Who? Specifically, the season 4 episode "The Doctors Daughter"?