Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Mimic

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff

[ Art Credit ]

- THE MIMIC -

" "
-=[]=-​

H A B I T A T
═════════════​
Through the presence of magic fluctuation as their origins, these creatures can be found in many tangible realms: From Altera to the Nether Hellscape. No environment is too cold or too hot. No storage too small or dark. These beings may be found in the most benign and mundane places.​
P H Y S I O L O G Y
═════════════​
These entities are broken reflections of a craft of matter from our realms. They can be posing as a chest of drawers or as a broom, or a rug. They will always inhabit items that have no magic of their own. They mimic these items perfectly, consuming the original whole. They are especially fond of items with great sentimental value, finding these to be a delicacy. Wishing nothing more than to grant themselves a semblance of usefulness, these unwittingly cunning creatures take the form of common enough goods, wreaking untold mischief and mayhem in the process.​
Beneath the constructed layer, they can have beast-like features. Some have eyes, however many- orbs of blacks, yellows, reds and other colors. Others can have sharp jaws and teeth. Their tongues can be long black, pink or purple that are varying in acidity when touched.​
B E H A V I O U R
═════════════​
Mimics are clever creatures. They huddle, stalk and wait for their prey. They are triggered like a trap upon touch and are otherwise undisturbed, looking completely normal. Mimics may either be protecting something and are objectively keeping others away, or they may be seeking to bite and consume the next thing that touches it.​
They are also known to mimic people, if they become their targets, but these reflections are always very poor substitutes for the real thing. They appear more like a materialistic version of them- made of wood, clay, porcelain or mirrors.​
Diet: Mimics don’t quite have a diet, but can eat just about any type of matter. From spoons, jewels, hands, rats, to children.​
A B I L I T I E S
═════════════​
[Scald] - Their tongues can lash out, coated with acid.​
[Bite]
[Morph] - They can choose to morph into anything else within visible range of itself, so long as it consumes it.​
W E A K N E S S E S
═════════════​
Fire, lava and other objects that harm it can ruin a Mimic, depending on what its outer shell is composed of.​
Y I E L D S
═════════════​
It reforms back into the broken object it currency consumed. It leaves pieces of its Matter & whatever contents inside it that it hadn’t digested.​

Credits: Solus Jstar

Last edited by a moderator:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
Attack DC: 15
Defend DC: 15
HP: 5
Speed: 10 blocks
Max Damage: 1d2