Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Mishaps of Mist

Mistduck

Villager
Name: Mist
Nickname/Alias: Mist
Race: Water Human (Can breathe underwater)
Height: 4 ft 6
Weight: 97 lbs
Hair: Long light blue hair in two ponytails
Eyes: Deep sea blue eyes
Skin: Very tanned
Identifying Marks: Kelp pads on corners of eyes
Appearance: A slim bodied girl with only kelp to cover up, she also wears a kelp ring around her head
Strengths: Animals may help her
Weaknesses and fears: Talking to a fellow Crafter, Adults.
Religion and cults: Shalherana, Goddess of Nature
Profession: Working with animals
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mishaps of Mist

The little girl ran to her small little village house and took a seat next to her mother. Her mother gave a slight grin, the corners of her mouth still down, and began to pat her nine year old daughter’s head.

“I wouldn’t dare let you go near any of our waters on behalf of something very bad happening to our supply.” the old woman began, a frown became of her face once again.

But of course, this child didn’t listen at all to these words- she was too obsessed with swimming in any waters that she would see. So all of which the young lady heard was just of the words, “Blah, Blah...”

“Mist, listen now.” the mother commanded looking into the small girl’s deep, sea blue eyes.

“Mist” as she was known, still didn’t care of these things that her mother would be saying, too much water to think of, too little time. She ran to the old creaky wooden door and pushed it open quickly. The child rushed to her friends, one a boy with very short brown hair, and the other a shy little girl with long blond hair.

“You are not going to swim? Are you?” the British accented boy questioned, applying of which her mother had asked her.

“Ugh, of course I’m going to swim!” Mist grinned and ran over to stare into a salty pool of sea water to see how many creatures were swimming then. She would always ignore advice, always ignore everything that maturity had to offer- unlike any child in the small village in the world of Altera would be. Mist would never, though, ignore anything that had to do with the ocean or critters in the water, she loved fish, and hated every parent or adult that she came by.

Placing both hands together straightly, she dived into the deep waters, not knowing any of the advice that her old mother had told her. Not knowing that her friends’ scared faces meant anything. And not even knowing that she was risking her life.

Mist saw a dolphin and stared into it’s shiny eyes- opening her mouth wide open, making water travel into her mouth and down, lodging into her throat. Little did she know of the poisoning that her mother was telling her about. Little did she know of the dangers that she had put herself in. Little did she know of how her life was flashing right before her.

The small amount of breath left from swimming flew out of her, Mist’s vision blurring quickly, and finally all life turning pitch black. The light blue sea foam hair of her swishing behind her as she sank, her pigtails being pulled by gravity, and her eye sockets being filled with salty water that would leave a burn in the corner of each eye.

Opening her eyes just a crack, she could see the darkening sea all around her, and all of the creatures circling her. With the last of her life in her, Mist felt yet another tragedy happen to her- only at age nine. A sting on the right knee zapped the poor little girl, she writhed in pain as tears got onto her red burns at the corners of her eyes, which made it hurt even more for her. Her vision, once again, became black.

Mist found herself in a room of only rusty stone with vines all around, two thick pads of kelp rested on the corners of her blue eyes, helping the burns become scars. Glass was the only thing separating her and the deep blue sea. For a second Mist thought that she had been trapped by a fellow Crafter, but then she saw the recognizable face of a dolphin.

Could the dolphin had trapped her? No, it had saved her life, but how long was she asleep?

Moldy bread sat beside her, rotting eggs also, and all but one thing didn’t change. The vines around her stayed in place no matter what, her little sanctuary was but of seven blocks wide and five blocks high. Mist had forgotten almost everything from how to speak to how to walk, she only remembered on how to swim and talk the creature’s strange language.

Mist slowly stared at her body, her shape curved out a bit more and her legs, arms, and body were longer. Years would pass as she trained the same dolphin, the shimmering eyed one, and slowly learned to talk her language again.

Mist was thirteen by now, and had worn kelp wrapped tightly around her head and body, ready to start a new life, helping out sea creatures and making their lives better. She would still be a little shy talking with her kind, but she still disliked adults a lot. Mist would start off, to help all seas not end up poisoned, to help all of the problems with oceans, a new adventure would begin.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
An environmental water girl? Now thats something different. (that's a good thing don't worry)

Well written story, I enjoyed reading it.

Mistduck

Villager
An environmental water girl? Now thats something different. (that's a good thing don't worry)

Well written story, I enjoyed reading it.
Thanks, I really appreciate it, I got the idea of a water girl since I have always loved swimming.
I love your story by the way! :D