Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Norvägen - Q&A

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Question: Do the Norvägen have a native tongue, whether it be long dead or very much alive?

It is a very likely possibility that I didn't see the section on languages because I'm bad like that.

-K9

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
pfffff~

On another matter now, What is the Norvagen's opinion of the Great Lion Empire?
Nice try. ;)
Question: Do the Norvägen have a native tongue, whether it be long dead or very much alive?

It is a very likely possibility that I didn't see the section on languages because I'm bad like that.
Yes, but it is a rather long time dead.

Only very educated scholars, nobles or Watchers of the Path would know it, although a few more would know the runes.

Tarron

Lord of Altera
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I'm super tired so I'm going to ask-

Is there any significance or symbolism in regards to hair? For example, the Samurai placed stock in the top knot and it showed the owner possessed certain values or characteristics. Does anything like this exist with these people?

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I'm super tired so I'm going to ask-

Is there any significance or symbolism in regards to hair? For example, the Samurai placed stock in the top knot and it showed the owner possessed certain values or characteristics. Does anything like this exist with these people?
Ahhh, sorry!

Well, this one is fairly simple. Nerp~!

It's literally a case of practicality.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
can i plz play norvagen? i mak gud pie n stuff. also i liv in south like tru norvag. i swer on me mum ill reck u if u sy no.

il strt with age:

name: jesus christ
gender; male duh
political aligngngngment: he is jesus christ whai you need to know dis?
home: i liv in the suthern capital of stormhold, tru swg
powewerers: i can shoot fireballs and ik magic like a baws, i lerned it by speking to the gawds of old and reding their buooks. i am jesus afterall

backstory?1: wuts dis?
Man just literally made my day.

Ladies and gentlemen, how NOT to apply to join the Norvägen...

Last edited:

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Oi, ya still need ta answer how homosexuality is seen by the Norvägen.
"It's different, therefore it is unnatural."

With the minor change that:

"But we won't burn you for it because magic is the only big bad wolf in this neighbourhood."

There is no official law/teaching against it, and the more educated of them would not be likely to take part in any active discrimination, but the general Norvägen would react to it pretty much the same as the rest of the typical medieval folk. Reactions would range from confusion/surprise to anger/fear.

Do the Norvägen like unicorns?

EDIT: Also, Do you pronounce the G like a J or not?..
Of course they do.

And like a "G".

Tritonx9

I think I might like it here
Norvagen sounds so close to Norwegian, is that the point? I read up and the cultures sound similar but contrast unique by the certain entities of the culture's deities.... also some formalities and ethnicity ideals are similar... i'm not talking modern day, i'm talking medieval in Altera and this World

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Norvagen sounds so close to Norwegian, is that the point? I read up and the cultures sound similar but contrast unique by the certain entities of the culture's deities.... also some formalities and ethnicity ideals are similar... i'm not talking modern day, i'm talking medieval in Altera and this World
Not the point, but potentially a point. :p

There are several links to Norse culture/mythology, but several differences. It's inspired/influenced by it, not based on it, however.