Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The story of Gasmaskman

Gasmaskman

Loyal Servant of Altera
Name: Gasmaskman

Nickname/Alias: Ulric

Race: Human/Demon
Height: 6'5
Weight: 170 pounds
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Glowing red
Skin: Tan
Identifying Marks: Piercing red eyes, small horns

Appearance: Tall, husky, Red eyes, sometimes uncontrollable temper

Life's story: Born into a pesant family in A.D. 425, Ulric dedicated his life to serving the higher classes (kings and queens). He left his hometown of Vulgaria at the age of 19 looking to fulfill his life's dream. Along the way he experienced starvation, famine, and many ruthless beasts. While stopping in town, he solemnly talked to anyone. Until he met the love of his life, Kaylen, in a town north of Hollowworld called Distamnia. The two fell madly in love. For three years he lived in Distamnia with Kaylen, until her gruesome end by a convicted felon in the year 447 a.d. Ulric fell into despair and uncontrollable anger for weeks. He decided to hunt down the murderer, and "take care of him." Months of searching for the criminal passed but to no avail. He ran out of food, the only thing to eat was the bark of birch trees and swamp water in a crude stew. Tho everyday his search continued, the fire inside him to end this man grew. One moonless night inside his crude dirt shelter, an evil voice came from the fire his stew was cooking on.

"You're in need of assistance, correct?" rasped the twisted voice.
He was stunned, but replied. "Yes I am. But my quest must be carried out by me and me alone."
"Don't be a fool. You'll parish soon enough if you continue the way you are."
He knew the strange voice was correct. He was constantly hungry and beyond dehydrated.
"I have a preposition for you..." Lured the voice. "I'll help you find your man. Or I can give you the powers to do so yourself."
He was no idiot. There had to be some huge cost for such a deal. "What's the catch?" Asked Ulric slowly.
"All I want in return, is your soul. Nothing big." taunted the voice.
It was now clear who the voice was. No other than Satan himself. He had heard rumors in his past of the devil coming to weary and desperate searchers. He would help them no doubt, but it came at a great cost, for some.
Ulric thought about the offer for several minutes. Sure he would get his man and the powers of hell. But he would loose his soul and his ability to love even in the slightest fashion. All he would feel afterward was hate and deposition.
He had nothing much to loose. "Fine"
"Excellent." laughed the voice.
The fire which the voice came from grew and swirled around inside his small shelter. He yelled out, surprised and frightened. In seconds Ulric was fully engulfed, yet he felt nothing. He looked around at the fire surrounding and on him. The fire then dispersed. He had felt no pain from it. Tho he felt something else now: pure rage and anger. Greater than you could have thought possibly existed.
When morning came, he left his shelter and continued his quest. He noticed that with each step he took, the footprint didn't leave a print, but barren soil. He also noticed that every living thing now fled when within sight of him. He wondered if this would also apply to the beasts of the night. He now walked day and night, no longer feeling hunger for food but now for blood lust and permanently free of fatigue.
After 14 days of strait walking, he smelled a familiar scent: The man. That burning desire to kill and feel of rage exploded inside him. He let out a blood-curdling shriek of excitement. He ran in the direction it came from. Suddenly the forest he had been in for weeks turned into a paved road with gates. A sign read: Welcome to Aspendale. He slowed down to a fast walk to observe each house for any signs of the man. Near the end of the road, a small stone house burst with the stench of the killer. Again excited, He let out more of a roar this time than a shriek. The iron front door was no match for his now inhuman strength. He ripped it right out of the wall. Inside he found a small living room connected to the kitchen. Both rooms were emptied. He searched the house ruthlessly, tossing aside couches, chairs, and beds alike. Nothing. He went back down to the living room and kicked the couch into the wall in rage. Instead of making the solid thud he expected, it made a hollow knock. He walked to where the couch hit the wall and stared. It turned out to be a door covered in wall paper to disguise it: a panic room. He kicked in the door only to find the man holding a large knife.
"I've finally found you, you son of a ******." roared Ulric.
The man lunged at him, attempting to cut his throat. His increased reflexes saw the move coming from a mile away. He simply stepped to the side. The man lost his ballance when he missed his mark, and fell to the ground. Ulric lauged as he slowly walked to where them man now lay.
"Any last words?" He asked slowly.
"Burn in hell..." Spat the man.
Ulric laughed even more now as he hear the mans response. He raised his iron boot over the mans head, and brought it down with a sickening crunch.
Ulric traveled to the east after his epic journey. He was now filled with even more anger than previous to killing the man. He walked for two days before coming to a large wall. He followed that wall until the smell of fresh victims hit him. Within a minute he found a gate similar to the on in Aspendale. It read: Port Silver

Ulric lived in Port silver for years until he could no longer bare being emotionless other than hatred. He ventured to the Nether to retrieve his soul. When the devil refused, a fight to the death broke out between the two. The fight lasted for 2 days straight. On the second night, Ulric slipped up. He went for a fatal blow to the neck, but lost his ballance. When Ulric had fallen to the ground, the devil simply stared. He made no move to finish him off, as Ulric had done with the murderer.
"Are you not going to finish me?" Asked Ulric.
The Devil simply laughed. "Of course not."
Ulric was dumbfounded. "Why is this?"
"Can you imagine the last time I've had a fight this long or exiting?!" replied the devil.
"So this is not out of pitty?"
"Not at all. I'll tell you what. I'll give you your soul back. All i would like is for you to return once a year, and give me the same fight, even better if possible. You have no idea how borring it gets down here." remarked the devil.
Ulric eagarly agreed to the devil's preposition. Ulric retrieved his soul and returned to Port silver. There he lived a normal life as a bounty hunter. Tho sometimes he still feels the uncontrollable rage and blood lust he once had. Animals and mobs alike are still terrified. And the earth on which he walks is still barren soil. Sometimes :)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I find it a bit strange that Satan himself was killed by Zombie pigmen... oh well.

I like this story.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Great edit, I like the new ending.

If you wish, you can add extra saying what his life in port silver is like but if not then its not a problem :)

Great story and I look forward to roleplaying with you in future.

Gasmaskman

Loyal Servant of Altera
(The story has now shifted to 1st person as a journal)
I've lived in Port Silver for just a few days. Quite an odd group, so i fit in rather nicely. Many different races here: Witches, wizards, a demoness, half-men-half-demons like myself, and seemingly regular citizens. I've also seen things never before thought of: Humongous cathedrals, giant castle walls, and over sized boats. The first few days have been nothing but survival and gaining the trust of the people. The town officials have had a close eye on me since i walked into the town gates, leaving behind black, charred footprints on the sidewalks. The part that makes it even worse is having to control myself and not go into a rage-filled-frenzy! Even after having to deal with some of the misadventures I've been through. Like getting together a nice little inventory, then having a gigantic hole open at my feet and fall into empty space, only to be revived by someone and wake on the dock.

Just today I was finally declared a villager via one of the officials. I immediately set out in search of precious ores and explore. Maybe I'll get lucky and run into a town with a little trouble controlling crime. I found a couple trees out in the wilderness and set up shop. I fashioned myself a nice pick and axe, in case i need to defend myself. I dug down for 20 minutes before i found anything other than stone. I hit a nice vein of 10 iron plus about 14 coal. A little further down, my pick knocked out a block not revealing another block, but a ravine. I looked around amazed at what i saw. I couldn't even tell where the ceiling was it was so tall. To my right was nothing but blackness and the sound of mobs, still keeping their distance thankfully. But I've noticed that mobs seem to get closer than they used to, so I'll have to watch out for that in the future. To my left i saw light, so i followed. I walked slowly as not to trip over any stray materials. When i reached the light source, i was amazed at the huge pool of magma. I must have spent 10 minutes staring at that pool before i heard a noise behind me. My heart stopped at what i saw... To be continued

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Great story but try doing it without saying works like moderators, flying people ect.

(stuff that wouldnt exist in the real world)