Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The threat within [slow development atm]

Does the concept tickle your arm?

• no, This is dumb and stupid. I'm gonna play some COD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
EDIT: in development atm, but very slowly due to some irl stuff etc.

introduction:
So I stumbled on the idea of making an rpg a while before but quickly stopped due to school and stuff. Now I am interested again in producing a game that is sort of visual novel- ish. Which of course, requires voices. My inspiration for this came from the ds game: 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

concept:
You play through the story as 7-8 characters, each getting their turn in a different chapter. Your stuck in a building and trying to get out, but there is one twist: there is a killer in the building, and it's possibly one of you......

The game will be made in rpg maker vx ace as I'm too inexperienced with other game maker software and too dumb to make a game using my own resources.

requirements:
A decent functioning microphone.

I would like to help but what's in it for me?:
-access to early build of the game
-able to give me your opinion on how to improve things
-access to a possible give away in december
-warm fuzzy feelings in your rib cage

the project will start this weekend and hopefully finish late february/ early march.

spots for voices:
[1] male (young) Mokwar
[2] female (young) Sophe
[3] male (adult) Silver tread
[4] male (adult) Angryboy2k12
[5] female (young) Mario Mluigifish
[6] male (young) Mario Mluigifish
[7] female (adult) (empty spot)
[???] ????? (???) Jeroxia

I know that it's hard to get people responding to threads as these, and even harder to get them apply for this so i thought why not write a little story to get people in the mood?

the story of [1]

I wake up in a room. Feeling dizzy, I immediatly throw up in a bin, conveniently placed next to me. Feeling a little bit better, I decided to take a look around the room. ''Where the hell am I'' I said to myself. Feeling a bit scared, I decided to walk out and quickly look for an exit. I ran towards the door and pulled on the lever. The door didn't open. Taking a better look at the door, I see that there is a lock on the door. The lock had a 3 digit code. I decided to look for any hints around the room. Taking a gaze out of the window I noticed something, something horribly wrong. This building was in the sky, away from the ground, away from my home and friends... Horrified at the idea of this building diving into the ground I start panicking. As I panick I noticed something: A piece of paper. I grab it and quickly unfold it to read its contents:

1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144, 169, ...
I quickly ran towards the door and tried the last 4 numbers on the lock, no success. I started sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall. ''There is no way out of here, is there?''

at last, the end to this post is close.....
This was quickly written in 15min, so don't complain to me on this one!
If your interested in a voice acting spot, post a reply saying which of these you want to play and I'll edit you in. If you wish to now a little bit more about the character(which i can't put here as it would actually spoil a little of the story) feel free to add me on skype: gerald.folkers

If your interested in actually making the art of the game, first of all thanks ALOT. second of all: I need someone who can work with sprites, no need to make them on your own. I'll send you a sprite and simply ask you to modify it a bit to my liking. I also need some art for the game as in cutscene-ish art but just a picture, and the character faces.

Seeing as you read the whole post(or not you filthy animal!) I think you deserve a reward

Last edited:

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
You have this guy sword, this random dudes bow.... AND MY VOICE.... I either take [1] or [4]
I set you as [1] for now, If I lack people and need to improvise, I'll need you to do [4] as well, need as least 1 female if not then, A: all characters will be male or B: no voices at all

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
I may do a young male.. depending on how young young male is, although apparently I sound like a girl when talking on computer :p I don't have a good mic atm... but I will be getting one very soon.

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
I may do a young male.. depending on how young young male is, although apparently I sound like a girl when talking on computer :p I don't have a good mic atm... but I will be getting one very soon.
Ok, I have listed you as [6] at the moment, this means you will probably be contacted later than the lower numbers for your voice recordings.

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
Hmmm... I can do 2~
Though anything I do would have to be over skype
Thank you, all help is much appreciated, What I don't understand though is why you need skype for, What I want you to do is simply record yourself saying the line, sending me the file and I'll edit it to my liking. Preferably I want you to send it me in MP3

Silvertread

Lord of Altera
I might be able to help with 3. :D

Will this game be a bit like Cluedo, only with the player switching from character to character and step by step discovering who the killer is?

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
I might be able to help with 3. :D

Will this game be a bit like Cluedo, only with the player switching from character to character and step by step discovering who the killer is?
In the game I intend to let the the player play a new character each chapter. Depending on your choices you will get a different ending. For example:

-You decide not to help [2]
-You pick up the bloody knife
-You kill [6]
Bad end, you get killed and you won't figure out who the killer is

-You decide to help [2]
-You give the knife to [3]
-You discover a hidden wall and decide to go in it
-You go in, discovering a hint about the killer
Bad end, The killer stabs you from behind. But! in your next playthrough the hints in your previous one will help you this time.

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
I could possibly do some art for the game ? (You can check out my art thread and decide if I'd be capable or not) :p
Your art is very good! Of course the time is set in a more modern time, but you probably will have no problem doing that :p. Of course there are a few things which I need to ask of you.

-How good are you with drawing backgrounds?
-Can you draw in color?
-How long would it take you to draw one drawing?

The last one is obviously just to check how many of your drawings can I fit in the game. The game itself will already be a large file due to all/alot of the lines being voice acted using seperate files for each line. Of course it would be handy if you could do some spriting work, but I myself can do that for the most part.

xxxLouisRulesxxx

Lord of Altera
Your art is very good! Of course the time is set in a more modern time, but you probably will have no problem doing that :p. Of course there are a few things which I need to ask of you.

-How good are you with drawing backgrounds?
-Can you draw in color?
-How long would it take you to draw one drawing?

The last one is obviously just to check how many of your drawings can I fit in the game. The game itself will already be a large file due to all/alot of the lines being voice acted using seperate files for each line. Of course it would be handy if you could do some spriting work, but I myself can do that for the most part.
-I'm currently practicing on drawing backgrounds, I suppose another person should be ready to stand in if I fail.. :p
-I've never tried coloring before, because I feel like it ruins the effect, ofcourse, I could try. (But, ^)
-Depends, if you want me to finish a drawing in one day, I'll finish it in one day, giving it my best.

Last edited:

Sophe

Lord of Altera
Good
Pronouns
She/Her
I would record my lines but I'm not good with recording things xD

psykat

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm in. What would you have me voice for thee? ^_^ I can do creepy Schmiegel-like, old woman, old man, shy guy, paranoid guy, crazy guy... uummmm the list goes on.

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
I'm in. What would you have me voice for thee? ^_^ I can do creepy Schmiegel-like, old woman, old man, shy guy, paranoid guy, crazy guy... uummmm the list goes on.
Would prefer you doing a female, as we lack them :confused:. I listed you as [7] but feel free to ask me to change it.

And [???] is also a rol, which can be for anyone

Earlgreen

Settling in Altera
I can do 4 or the ???.

Whichever tickles your nose
you can tickle my nose
I mean... umm... you can do the [???] if you want to.

All voice actors + the artist will be added to a conversation to prevent this forum to be flooded with my requests.