Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Withered

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff

[ Art Credit ]

- THE WITHERED -

"Within the infernal chasms of the burning Nether-wastes, there is a cruel phenomenon that blooms every once in a while.."
-=[]=-​

H A B I T A T
═════════════​
These types of Fiendish beings endure in the vilest depths of the Hellscape, birthed from an exceptionally tortured soul. They might be found in the strangest of crevices, within fortresses or deep with dark caverns like any of their kind. The Withered are rare, but far from an extension. The Withered are aimless- never truly staying in place for long, often wandering to wreak havoc in one location or other.​
P H Y S I O L O G Y
═════════════​
The Withered come in many shapes, sizes and forms of a mutated humanoid, but all are similar in a few things: Their skin tone varies in browns, blacks, whites and ivories. They hold some form of skeleton silhouette, either through their taut skin, or as husks of giant fiendish figures. At least two horns protrude from the top of its head. Its eyes will always glow a piercing red. Its bones are thick and larger than mortals can feasibly have. The largest Withered can be as big as a house. Immense in size and caked in black soot. They can appear in cloaks, robes or even bare. And some are able to carry weapons or have sharp claws. They carry the scent of Brimstone and sulfur, rather than rot. It is theorized that one may hope to dispel the creature only through the destruction of their physical form.​
B E H A V I O U R
═════════════​
Born from a desire to lay waste to Altera, Grief brought forth the first Withered through rituals of a tortured soul, ashes and blood. They are remembered as those that wreaked havoc and destruction in their path. Once unchained, they would ruin walls and leave ashes and coal wrought with burnt corpses in their wake. Ruination was all they knew. Despite her end, the will of the Withered spread throughout the Hellscape, honing in on the old magics that created them. They still rise when an exceptionally tortured soul splits under pressure in excruciating pain and imbues itself into corpses to mutate and host. It then does as its predecessors- seeking to cause structures to ruin and bodies to burn. It is difficult to communicate with one, if at all. To those sensitive to emotions, they can feel the corrupted form of the Withered, driven by its own madness. To those probing their minds, they find nothing. Fiends and most creatures of the Nether give the Withered wide-berths, but Greater Fiends are able to lure and lead them where they desire - often to help them promote harm.​
A B I L I T I E S
═════════════​
The Withered have respect for but one thing; themselves. They cannot feasibly communicate as normal, but can speak broken Infernal- sputtering and spouting it in anger. They can drift through empty space and leave a hellish fire where they walk.​
[Levitate] Despite its weight, some Withered can float across empty spaces, drifting or striding up, down and around. They are still confined by moments of pressure and external weight.​
[Fire Immunity] The Withered is not damaged by heat, natural flames or lava, able to pass through the lava as it would levitate through the air.​
[Blast] The Withered can propel hellish fire towards a targeted location, where it will explode fiercely upon impact, blasting away in a three-meter radius. It might cause severe burns or crumble solid blocks of material.​
W E A K N E S S E S
═════════════​
[ ] Holy Fire/Water​
[ ] Blooded Silver​
[ ] Siege weaponry​
Y I E L D S
═════════════​
As a Withered is defeated, its physical form cracks and crumbles; it withers. The Withered’s remains crumble to the ground below, where a patch of a ten-block radius becomes a twisted garden thematic to the nether; Netherrack, Soul Sand will sprout Withered Roses.​
[Withered Roses] In the gardenesque remains of the Withered , roses steeped in black soot grow. These Withered Roses’ appear with dark-maroon petals and prickly stems. Consuming a Withered Rose in any form will give negative effects of something not meant to be consumed- causing nausea, fatigue, headaches and upset stomachs.​
[Withered Skulls] If not destroyed in the process of taking the Withered down, the Withered skull is a hollow black skull. This skull is fragile without the Withered existing and can be destroyed like ceramic. They are an incredible trophy, being unique, rare, and the stuff of legend. Upon touching them, one can sense the pain of the once broken soul that inhabited it.​

Credits: Solus Bartooliinii

Last edited by a moderator:

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
Attack DC: 20
Defend DC: 21
HP: 10
Speed: 30 blocks
Max Damage: 1d4