Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheRougeKnight's application for whitelist. [Declined - Silent]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerTheKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. TheRougeKnight
2. 17
3. Male
4. United States/Michigan
5a. I agree upon approval i will read the guide.
5b. I agree
6/Name: Valen Shadowleaf
Race: Half Elf/Human
Notable features: Green eyes/Pointed ears semi extended.
Class: Ranger
Sub class: Merchant
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character History
Valen Shadowleaf is the son of Talyc Shadowleaf who was a full blooded elf. His mother was a human merchant from silverport who had traveled to the north in search of new trade opportunities. During his mother's travels away from silverport she was attacked by a group of traveling highwaymen were she would have been killed. During the attack her group was slaughtered and soon his mother would have joined them, until his father and a group of elves suppressed the group and eventually slew the band of bandits. After the his mothers rescue she and his father wed and eventually had a child. His mother passed during child birth and his father saddened by his mother's passing took his own life. The child was raised by the elves until he reached maturity he went of in search of his mother's family. Instead he found a group of rangers he stayed with them until he reached the age of nineteen. He decided to follow in his mother's footsteps after his failed quest and set off to silverport to become a Merchant and one day settling down.
Character Personality
Valen is an outgoing and kind soul usually seeking to help others then hinder them. He finds pleasure in work and has seeks a life of earned luxuries. Valen is both a shrewd diplomat and a skilled trader. His time with the rangers has made Valen cool headed and able to think and usually does not act rashly. Valen favors working as a forester or farmer and finds peace in his time with nature.
7. Well my name is Tyler i am 17 years old and a senior i have been role-playing for two years now and minecraft for only a year though having played on multiple servers before i found that hollow world is the funnest and being about a year(Roughly maybe 11/10 months)sense i last played on the server i was hoping to get back into it.
8. I do not though i hope to impress with my work on the server.
9. Not really.
10. Yes i understand this and will not use any of the named, or anything that could be classified under "Cheating" or "Hacking"
11. While searching up various minecraft server hollow world came up.
12. No though under consideration.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Your application is lacking in a few respects:

1. You have to answer every question, from 1 up to 12. Failure to do so is an instant rejection.

2. Your answer to #7 is too short. It must be 8 sentences or more.

3. You should put every question above the answer, and put it in bold script like so.

4. You shouldn't make up your own geography. Altera is a contained place, and only Itzzaboy and Legion (two of the admins) can decide the geography and lore.

5. Your answer to #6 is a (very detailed) backstory. You should introduce your character, not tell us where he comes from. A good way to introduce him would be to just tell us how he thinks and acts, as well as what motivates him.

6. Just nitpicking here, but originality goes a long way. Copying Game of Thrones won't get you very far at all.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Your application is lacking in a few respects:

1. You have to answer every question, from 1 up to 12. Failure to do so is an instant rejection.

2. Your answer to #7 is too short. It must be 8 sentences or more.

3. You should put every question above the answer, and put it in bold script like so.

4. You shouldn't make up your own geography. Altera is a contained place, and only Itzzaboy and Legion (two of the admins) can decide the geography and lore.

5. Your answer to #6 is a (very detailed) backstory. You should introduce your character, not tell us where he comes from. A good way to introduce him would be to just tell us how he thinks and acts, as well as what motivates him.

6. Just nitpicking here, but originality goes a long way. Copying Game of Thrones won't get you very far at all.
It seems like you made up a few of the requirements here, as I don't believe it is an instant rejection if you skip a question. It looks like he only copied and pasted the first 10 numbers without questions because he took it from the guide to answering each question, which does not list the questions, and does not describe numbers 11 and 12.
Also, he does not have to answer 2, 3, or 4, since they give personal information he is not required to answer them. In this case he did so, but just remember in the future that all 12 are not required because of this.
It also is not required that every question be in bold script, I think that's just getting a bit picky.

I do agree, however, in the respect that it is unclear how long #7 is due to the lack of punctuation, and he must go back and put in 11 and 12, and make 6 a character introduction rather than a backstory.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Also, he does not have to answer 2, 3, or 4,
He is actually required to answer #2. The server adheres to a strict PG-13 rating and could face legal consequences for letting anyone under 13 in.

It's not an instant rejection for skipping any of the other questions, but I've been surfing the applications page for a while and just about every application that isn't done properly gets rejected out of hand.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
He is actually required to answer #2. The server adheres to a strict PG-13 rating and could face legal consequences for letting anyone under 13 in.

It's not an instant rejection for skipping any of the other questions, but I've been surfing the applications page for a while and just about every application that isn't done properly gets rejected out of hand.
Good point, they do require you to be at least 13, but if it's not an instant rejection then don't say it's an instant rejection. Besides, I believe I pointed out the reason he does not have the questions or 11 and 12 at all, and I think the mods/admins would pardon him for that and let him add them in.
Also, they would not be able to get into legal trouble because they basically do say that anything said by the non-mod/admin players on the server or on the forums is not the fault of the server/forum staff. Therefore they can't be blamed for it. It is a law that you must be 13 to create an account on an official website, but that is also not the fault of the server staff. Also, last I checked, you do not have to be 13 to get into a PG-13 movie. I don't think it would be different here. PG-13 is not like R where a parent is required. It is a suggestion that they be accompanied by a parent. A similar rule would apply here.

It really sounds like you're exaggerating a fair amount of information here.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Terrik slew Targan II and took the throne himself claiming lordship of the Dragons keep and the Black keep and the Thundering keep with total control over the three keeps he became High Lord of Arcadia and with these claim he banished and executed all the sons of Targan Excluding Aegon who was banished to the sea where a ship brought him to port silver he now lives under the name Aegon Dragonstorm the young dragon he now hopes to find a home of his own and stake out a claim in this new world
Robert slew Aerys and took the throne for himself claiming kingship of Westeros. Robert executed the children/siblings of Aerys excluding Daenerys who was sent into exile across the sea to Braavos where a ship brought her to the Dothraki. She now lives under the name Daenerys, Mother of Dragons. She hopes to find a place for herself and reclaim her throne.
You may not have copied it, but it certainly heavily influenced your character. It doesn't matter much anyways :p

The big issue is that the "dead parents" story is pretty old hat and seen as unoriginal around here.

TylerTheKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
I do not role-play around the whole dead parents thing its just there so they are out of the way. And i will be honest i see how similar they are and i apologies for that but i will be totally honest it was not a purposeful similarity but i decided on a total character re change so it shouldn't be an issue.

TylerTheKnight

Loyal Servant of Altera
Anyone know expected wait time for application review from a mod or has it not been Accepted/Declined for some error of my own after the revision.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Be patient. The admins will get around to it, but they have their own lives to live as well as maintain the community.

SilentWindara

Obsessive.
Alright, I'm afraid I'm going to decline this for a few reasons.
Your application is a little messy, the text shouldn't be aligned to the center, everything shouldn't be bold and the original questions should be there.

For the character intro we ask for a paragraph, preferably not in this format. you don't need the 'name, race, gender" stuff, this stuff should be in a paragraph along with your character acting in a situation, showing how you control them. It is not where you write about the characters past. Also, all and any deaths are disallowed, bandits also (this rule also includes things like, OP characters, dead parents, orphans and assassins as a note.)

And number 7 requires 8 sentences, preferably about yourself and not games.

You are free to apply again, but I suggest reading approved applications and reading this: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?...en-in-character-and-a-background-story.15470/

Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.