Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheWireLord's Application [Accepted - Jase]

TheWireLord

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
TheWireLord

2. How old are you?
22 Years.

3. What country are you from?
United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming would be using any knowledge obtain from OOC means and using it IC.

Powergaming would be someone focusing on becoming the "best player" or to have the biggest home without any roleplay or IC desire.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a the perfect example of a geek. I enjoy programming and spend most of my time on my computer and don't have many friends other than the ones I have online. That being said, I'm easy to get along with and am a really laid-back guy. I basically roleplay in any game I'm playing (it annoys some of the other people I play with) and have been apart of other RP communities surrounding games like DayZ, Starbound, and Project Zomboid to name a few. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan and have a strange addiction to looking at maps...I'm a proud owner of my dream car, Nissan 350z, and may or may not have a giant Spider-Man logo on the hood of it...I'm not the type of person that worries about what other people have to say, and I enjoy the things that make me happy (like oc gaming and roleplay).

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I've made mods for games like RimWorld and Starbound, and data packs for Minecraft so I guess I could show you that. I'm not an amazing builder, but if I put time into something (meaning I'm a slow builder) it can turn out pretty nice.

RimWorld Mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838336462

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I had found this site after using so Google-Foo and decided that this server seemed to be what I was looking for.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Demlavon Cloust

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Long, dark-brown hair. Dark-blue eyes. Sun-Kissed skin. Stubble beard.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1548471647577.png

Written Test!
A small boy would find himself lying in the muddy streets, alone, bruised and bleeding after being kicked to the grown by some of the local boys earlier that day. The boy must have been lying there for quite some time as the sun had fallen and it had begun to rain. The boy would stagger to his feet, grasping the nearby cobble wall. His stomached bruised and aching from the beating. As the boy begins to travel home to his father, the blacksmith, he would try to recall why the boys had attacked him. The boy remembers earlier that day, that he had asked one of the local shopkeepers to lend him a book so that he could practice reading some more. The boy was turned down and told to go back to shoveling coal for his no-good father. Before the boy could turn around, the other boys had shown up wielding sticks, insulting the boy asking for a book. Saying that boys should learn to wield a weapon, not a book. The group of boys had attacked the defenseless boy and told him to to be begging again or he would get it worse next time.

As the boy recalled what had happened, he had also recalled the number of times he had been attacked by the same group of boys in the past. The lonely boy was not like the other kids in the town. He found more enjoyment from exploring the nearby woods, and building things out of rocks and sticks more than he enjoyed training to fight or forging tools and weapons with his father. The lonely boy had been picked on his whole life. His father was often no help. In the past, the lonely boy had told his father about being bullied and the only thing his father had to say about it was "Hit them back." Don't be a wimp!"The lonely boy's father didn't like the fact that the boy didn't enjoy playing with fake swords like the other boys. The problem was, that the lonely boy had no desire to hurt anyone.

After returning home, soaking wet, covered in mud, and limping, the lonely boy's father would ask what had happened, to which the boy would reply "I fell from a tree in the woods." The boy's father wouldn't question it, although he knew the boy was lying. He would tell his son to go add coal to the forge and act as if nothing had happened.

The boy would live like this until the age of 17.The boy would practice reading, the other kids would beat up on him, his father would ignore what was going on and the boy would hate his life, aside from the alone time he would get occasionally. But it would all change in the blink of an eye.

One winter night, the boy would be walking home, a book in hand, and a bag full of coal for his father's forge. The boy would be approached by a hooded man with a long gray beard. The man would say quietly to the boy:

"You, boy. You needn't deliver that coal to your father."

"Excuse me?" the boy would reply. "What do you mean?"

"Keep your voice down, boy." The hooded man would reply. "You must listen and do as I say. I know you, boy. I know about your desire to read and learn. I know about your father's lack of care towards you. And I have an offer to make to you. Drop your bag of coal, take this bread, water, and coin, leave this town, and never look back."

The boy would look confused.

The hooded man would continue - "Listen, boy. As I said, I know you. A mind like yours does not deserve to rot here as a coal-shoveler. There are endless wonders out there to explore, and unbelievable things to learn. I have given you this opportunity, do not waste it. I can see in you the endless potential." - " Don't worry about your father, I can deliver him this coal and give him the news about you leaving. You and I both know he won't be too upset about it. Nor would you."

The boy would try to process the offer and reply. "Why would you do this for me?"

The hooded man would hand the boy the bag of food and coin and take the bag of coal from the boy's hand. "Because, I was once just like you, and was given this same opportunity. Minds like ours do not belong trapped here. We must explore. Learn. If the day comes that you decide to return to this place, do so only so that you may find another boy or girl with a mind like yours, and give them the same chance I am giving you."

The boy would chat with the hooded man a bit before realizing that this wasn't a trick. The man honestly wanted the boy to free himself and travel the world like he has dreamt of doing for his entire life. The hooded man would explain how he had done the same years ago and had only returned to this town to rest at old age, and to give the same opportunity to another young soul. The man would also explain that there would be an extra seat on a wagon for the boy and that he would see safe passage to the next town over. After that it would be up to the boy to do as he pleases. The man would explain that he chose the boy because he knew that he wouldn't just waste the coin on a fat roast or the company of some woman. He would use it to fulfil his dream and learn as much as the world would let him.

As the boy climbed into the back of the wagon, he would nod to the hooded man. The man would then raise the bag of coal as to say "farewell" before turning and walking towards the forge.

The wagon driver would look back at the boy and shout, "We've got quite the ride ahead of us. What do I call you, boy?"

The boy would reply, "I'm Demlavon. Demlavon Cloust."

And the cart would ride off into the snowy winter night...

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey! Sorry about the delay but there is one thing I have to touch on to continue --
  • Your power-gaming definition is not quite right. You can find the definition here -- [-Click me!-].
Let me know when you have made your edits by replying to this thread. And by the way, thank you for taking the time and effort for your application to join Hollowworld!!!

TheWireLord

Villager
Jase - Ah I see. Powergaming would be more like having a character that is super powerful and pretty much always wins in combat or has god-like ablities. This may be fun for the person playing that character, but for everyone else it would be annoying and not enjoyable.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Sweet!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+