Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To all Mayors - roleplay in your cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Hello!
I have been thinking that a good way to promote roleplay in the server would be to have aRp-event-planer in each city.
If every town would have a small roleplay event going on every week there would always be something going on in Altera.
So I'm asking the mayors to speak to your residents and elect a planer ( if the mayor so wishes he/she can take on the role).
Let me know who it is so we can all talk about possible ideas and get started.
The first thing I would like to do is beginning a tradition of having a Town's day.
The plan is to make a calendar and assigning a day to each town. On that day that town is responsible for hosting a festivity. It can be a parade, it can be a tour, a friendly competition, a fair...
This will give all the players a motive to visit your town and get to know it. I think it's a bit sad that there are so many players that only have seen 5 or 6 towns when all of the towns in Altera have something special to share.
So, let me know your opinions and ideas and lets get to work!

Arkkaine

Admiral of the Warstrom Fleet
Wonderful idea. We originally were going to have "RP Tuesday" in Warstrom but other things got in the way.

RP Event planners would go a long way in bringing consistent RP to the various towns.

*Goes to talk to Wrayh and Wingnutcros*

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Put me forward for New Valkyria

And frankie, you touch our town, and you will not leave it, except maybe in a matchbox.

Shoopedo

Lord of Altera
another Idea, is to just have a Altera RP Planning Committee, the ARPPC, ( XD ) that plans daily/weekly RP events that take place in say a different town each time. That way the RP will have a better flow and fluidity to it rather than 30 different and random RP events in different towns each week/day. Then people can see each town and stay part of and involved in a flowing RP story.

Tristitiae

I think I might like it here
Well, I love RPs, and making stories for such, so I would love to join in on this. I could certainly do this for Heaven's Reach, or help plan for the entire server. That is, if it's okay with everyone. Otherwise, I'll just go where I'm needed. :)

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
This sounds like a great idea! I agree with Shoo's suggestion, however, If every town did an RP then they'd only consist of about 4 people each. I think having specific people doing RP's however will have some trouble as everyone will want to be one. How about a rota for every large town (Large meaning more than 5 people are active, unless it's a new town or an RP town), and so maybe every week 2 towns have an RP?

VanGarrett

Lord of Altera
This thread is about there being a town event practically every day, not once or twice a week for a large town. It is meant for everyone to go to so don't worry about Skara Brae only having 4 people out of however many people actually living in it.

I will talk this over with a few of my town members and see what they think of it. I am thinking that Darkwood will have a hunt in the Winter Wood, and after there will be a feast in the Darkwood Inn.

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
This thread is about there being a town event practically every day, not once or twice a week for a large town. It is meant for everyone to go to so don't worry about Skara Brae only having 4 people out of however many people actually living in it.
Skara has more than 4 active people...fool.

And the two a week thing was an example, don't have to necessarily go by it.

Frankieba5

Lord of Altera
another Idea, is to just have a Altera RP Planning Committee, the ARPPC, ( XD ) that plans daily/weekly RP events that take place in say a different town each time. That way the RP will have a better flow and fluidity to it rather than 30 different and random RP events in different towns each week/day. Then people can see each town and stay part of and involved in a flowing RP story.
I would like to be on this if we implement it.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
I would love to be on this committee.

Alailanible

Sparkly purple member of the team
Anyone else want to join or should I just start bugging the people who have shown any interest so far?
I'm kidding I'm going to bug every single one of you!
Might as well come willingly. :p

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Wonderful idea. We originally were going to have "RP Tuesday" in Warstrom but other things got in the way.

RP Event planners would go a long way in bringing consistent RP to the various towns.

*Goes to talk to Wrayh and Wingnutcros*
RP tuesday in Warstrom? I like that idea!

Tchel

Queen of the Wilds
I would volunteer for Lindisfarne if Royo is ok with it.

I love your idea Alail, but aren't we overlooking something? What if more than seven towns volunteer to participate in this and we cannot have each town featured one day of the week? Maybe put them in different time slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.