Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To the Silver Council:

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
To the members of the silver council,

During the recent happenings in Port Silver, known as the Feast of Flames under the locals, our ship, The Hammer, was docked at the first dock in the harbour district of Port Silver. In a miraculous way, the fire made its way to the ship, which was filled with both trading goods and gun powder, used to fuel the cannons for defensive purposes. Not to mention the ship that was destroyed in these fires.
We, the Council of Aeyeras, would request a compensation for the suffered damage, deducted by the costs of harboring the wreckage of The Hammer.

Signed in the name of
King Axex Aeyeras-Hawklight, King of Hierax, Lord of Whiterock Castle,
Prince Neorey Aeyeras-August, Prince of Hierax, Lord of Heaven's Reach,

<Eight signatures here>
The Council of Aeyeras.

[Disclaimer: I cannot be personally held responsible for the contents of this letter, what it might cause and the effects it will have. It was decided by the Council of Aeyeras, it is my job to send this letter, so don't go hating me for it.]

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
"Good council of Aeyeras. Referring to that fire as a Feast of Flames is rather inappropriate. As to your vessel - from eyewitness accounts, the powder was stored loosely and no fire watch was on deck. The explosion of the ill-prepared and ill-supervised merchant vessel caused flaming shrapnel to careen about the lower ward, causing substantial injuries and fire damage.

As other reports state, the fire on the vessel appeared to start aboard the Hammer and subsequently spread to the docks.

In light of these facts, it is hard for the Port Authority to feel in any way responsible as such for the explosion and damage thereby to the vessel.

On the grounds of humanitarian aid, if the combined houses of Aeyeras are so impoverished by the vessels loss as to need to seek compensation from the relief fund set up to aid the poor - other victims of this wildfire, then by all means they are free to apply to seek alms."

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
So much for this remaining solely RP :/. To all those that are making fun of this: go elsewhere or refrain from posting if it is not relevant, please.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
(To be fair Kvothe, they have a point. Its a "natural" disaster, or those fire-demons people were screaming at at the end are to blame, you can't really cry for reparation from the Council)

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
(To be fair Kvothe, they have a point. Its a "natural" disaster, or those fire-demons people were screaming at at the end are to blame, you can't really cry for reparation from the Council)
( It's all RP, man :p Though it's wrong of the Naelwyn/thestaff to decide for Aeyeras where the ship's explosive material was kept or how it was contained, it's still entirely RP, so in this case the Council is being a butt ^^ )

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
(I know the council is justified in their actions, hell, we didn't even do this to get anything from it, just to make something fun out of our ship burning down, I'm sad to see people starting to make jokes about it, as, in fact, all we did was ask for something that isn't even that strange: Only Kvothe was there when it happened, he was in the inn, didn't know where the fire started and assumed it went from the buildings to the ship, thus making our point. I just don't like all the fun everybody made of it here. And now the discussion is over :)).

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
(I know the council is justified in their actions, hell, we didn't even do this to get anything from it, just to make something fun out of our ship burning down, I'm sad to see people starting to make jokes about it, as, in fact, all we did was ask for something that isn't even that strange: Only Kvothe was there when it happened, he was in the inn, didn't know where the fire started and assumed it went from the buildings to the ship, thus making our point. I just don't like all the fun everybody made of it here. And now the discussion is over :)).
(I wasn't making jokes, I was pointing out a flaw in ship design)

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
(It is amusing how people seriously think we actually expected to get something else than some RP out of it, considering how there is a copy of it in HR anyways.

Either way Nael understood that we wanted some RP out of our destroyed ship and served it, for that we thank him ;)

(I wasn't making jokes, I was pointing out a flaw in ship design)
how is it a design flaw? Gunpowder is usually stored close cannons, plus as Ced mentioned it was decided for us how the gunpowder was stored and if there were fire watches , moreover the fact that the ship was even physically there, as Kvote said before in another thread would from an RP PoV in Heaven's Reach.

I don't want to spoiler you our reply to the silver council's decision, so lets leave it at, that the silver council is responsible for any events happening in its town.

Either way we still got to vote on our RP answer to the silver council's reply ;) - so stay tuned :D )

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
( It's all RP, man :p Though it's wrong of the Naelwyn/thestaff to decide for Aeyeras where the ship's explosive material was kept or how it was contained, it's still entirely RP, so in this case the Council is being a butt ^^ )
(... but it was right under the deck... right there... )

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
(I'm actually just going off of the reports the people setting the fires told me. "The explosives were /really/ unsecured.)