Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To the Silver Council:

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
(I'm actually just going off of the reports the people setting the fires told me. "The explosives were /really/ unsecured.)
(Aye they were, though we assumed that the fire spread FROM the city to the ship, thus setting the ship ablaze before it reached the explosives. It wouldn't have mattered if they were deeper in the ship than they were if the fire spread to the ship, it would've burned down anyway, wood and all.)

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
(Aye they were, though we assumed that the fire spread FROM the city to the ship, thus setting the ship ablaze before it reached the explosives. It wouldn't have mattered if they were deeper in the ship than they were if the fire spread to the ship, it would've burned down anyway, wood and all.)
If we want to delve into OOC explanations, the actual fires within Port Silver were extremely erratic and spread unnaturally by nature, due to lore-shenanigans behind the event that I cannot detail due to spoilers. What you assume is perfectly ICly sound, due to the chaos and how the fire was probably seen :heart:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
(As best I can tell the fire spread from the Hammer to the docks, so that's what I went with. [At least that's what it looked like - the boat seemed to catch fire first])

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
(As best I can tell the fire spread from the Hammer to the docks, so that's what I went with. [At least that's what it looked like - the boat seemed to catch fire first])
(Didn't it start at the Naught? Back then The Hammer hadn't yet caught fire, went to check that somewhere after the roof was put out, and the ship was still being mighty fine then, so it was based on that, but it was fun nonetheless :D).

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
(Well, from what I experienced on the ground - other places with fires started to catch fire all on their own. It was /definitely/ not unisource.)

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
(Didn't it start at the Naught? Back then The Hammer hadn't yet caught fire, went to check that somewhere after the roof was put out, and the ship was still being mighty fine then, so it was based on that, but it was fun nonetheless :D).
(Well, from what I experienced on the ground - other places with fires started to catch fire all on their own. It was /definitely/ not unisource.)
(( Well maybe someone should do an investigation.

The fire started in six places: Roof of the Naught, Bakery roof, Blacksmiths, Sunk'n Norwegian, the Market Stalls, and inside the Hammer. Out of thin air. Due to the varying strengths of -spoilers-, they all spread differently and no one saw the difference. ))

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
(We did see multiple flying flames around at the square, so it's safe to assume there were more sources. Both reasonings are grounded. It just depends on what you know and missed.)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
My /real/ question is why there was TNT next to the blacksmith's forge. That's just...~

(Everyone knows the TNT in the 'nor is because they are up to something~)

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
My /real/ question is why there was TNT next to the blacksmith's forge. That's just...~

(Everyone knows the TNT in the 'nor is because they are up to something~)
(Everybody knows TNT is aboard a ship because it's a warship xD.)

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
(If you chech the Hammer that is in HR then you can see where the powder is, ie all over the place. Also it was dock first then the ship but that doesnt really matter in this case of chaos)

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
(If you check there is still room between floor and gunpowder (which is what the tnt represents I guess, or ammunition, whatever.
Either way it exploded with a speed that feels more like the tnt itself was ignited, meaning all sailor were taken care of by whatever preternatural or human being was responsible for to even get there.

Point is the tnt is not loosely lying around on deck, but below deck, as said though i don't want to spoiler our reply ;) ))