Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Upcoming] The Alteran Games

Tunika04

I think I might like it here
I was expecting something like the Hunger Games :p But I LOVE This idea so much! If I'm on in time.. I would try to check this out!
EDIT: In spirit of the olympic games?

JLA Montoya

What we really need is people to start building arenas to host the events! It is competitive and the best arenas will be chosen.

Skeledude12

I've got a few more game suggestions:

Spleef Competition:
Need I see more? http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Spleef

Mining Competion:
This might need some hammering out more, but I'm just spit balling. In a time limit, miners will dig in a specified area and return with any ores found, the better the ore the higher the score. This would need to constructed so that there is an equal amount of ores. The idea is to get the ore and return it to the chest before time runs out.

Minecraft Tritoolathon:
This competition is for who can dig a straight through in dirt, wood, and stone the fastest. All competitors are given the same tools to compete, whoever can switch between them and dig out their corridor fastest wins.

Pixel Art Contest:
More for fun than competition? In a time limit, use the wool provided (64 of each colour, maybe 128 black and white) to make a lovely pixel art to be judged by a chosen panel.

Maze Competition:
I think this might be fun. I know someone built an epic maze in the Old Eastern Frontier. First person through wins?

Redstone Sweeper:
It's more like redstone bingo. On a predesigned grid, using redstone torches competitors try to find the unmarked zone which indicates a hit. Think Battleship in minecraft and you've got the idea. If anyone is interested I can make a tutorial. By the end the person with the most hits wins.

Wall Climb:
A complex system of ladders and jumps. Idea from Yogcast. First person to the top wins.

Speed Skating:
We're not just stuck with the summer games either. Ice race!

These are just some suggestions. Let me know what you think ^^

JLA Montoya

The only two I can agree with is Maze and Wall Climbing. The rest, especially the pixel art, are a No in my opinion. Spleef is a no because it would be an RP death since it involves lava. Death from doing fencing can be written off as medical treatment. Lave = melt.

Pixel Art is not allowed on the server, and this is an RP event on top of that. I like the suggestions, but remember that these competitions must be RP based.

Skeledude12

The only two I can agree with is Maze and Wall Climbing. The rest, especially the pixel art, are a No in my opinion. Spleef is a no because it would be an RP death since it involves lava. Death from doing fencing can be written off as medical treatment. Lave = melt.

Pixel Art is not allowed on the server, and this is an RP event on top of that. I like the suggestions, but remember that these competitions must be RP based.
Spleef doesn't need to have a lava pit, I think that there is a Spleef arena in Timbervale that just has a regular pit uunder it.

Spark

Broken
The thing with a maze is that we have to consruct it right before the start so that people cant practice. I think shoving 10 people in a maze at once is a good idea.

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera

I disagree on this, this is one of the reasons we have the sisterhood.
I however do dislike the idea of spleef since it's awfull rp-wise.

I did like the idea of Ice-Skating though....

Spark

Broken
I agree, lava is good for things like fencing and mazes. I also agree that spleef is terrible RP.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Unless it has been suggested before (probably not) why not do bowling, where you throw a snowball across ice to hit a pressure plate?

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
The thing with a maze is that we have to consruct it right before the start so that people cant practice. I think shoving 10 people in a maze at once is a good idea.
having it timed would be better. it would be a better test of skill and they wont beable to help each other

Spark

Broken
roopot said:
Henry VIII of England had a bowling alley at Hampton Court Palace
Interesting but this is a test of strength between houses, not tea and scones with the king :p