Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

vartanik - application [Approved - Steel]

vartanik

Villager
1. Your Minecraft username: vartanik
2. Your real name: Vartan Haghverdi
3. Age: 21
4. Gender: Male
5. Country: United States
6. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
Yes! I was surprised at its length at first but I think that only speaks volumes (no pun intended) as to how serious and engaged the founders and maintainers of Hollow World are with their creation.​

7. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?
I am very interested in RP, even though I haven't RPed much in MMOs before. But as someone who has written poems and short stories before, I can imagine what it would be like. I enjoy medieval studies so I'm looking forward to the medieval theme of the server.

This server was brought to my attention by a friend and after hearing him talk about it, I likened it to Second Life and virtual worlds in general. I had never thought of MC in that way since I had primarily played offline. All in all, I'm glad that we can actually modify MC to run much like a virtual world, even if the population we are talking about is on a lower order of magnitude.
8. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
Hi everyone. My name is Vartan and I'm a history student who also likes to play video games. My favorites are League of Legends and the Total War series (I like military history). I learned about HW thanks to my friend Adoroam, who tells me he lives in a town of elves. He also speaks of boats that take you to various towns, except his because it's so remote. I'll have a great time finding the portal that's used instead! I'm looking forward to meeting you all and visiting your towns and creations. It will be fun to contribute to this world with creations of my own as well.

9. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
:oops: I have not played MC in months! I do not have an example, let alone a medieval one (which would be awesome).

10. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
Nothing I haven't mentioned above.

11. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes! I actually wasn't aware of what x-ray meant in the world of MC until I asked Adoroam. If it's true that it allows you to see where resources are through walls and the ground, then doesn't that destroy the point of exploration and RP? It seems antithetical to the aim of HW, so I'm glad it's not allowed.

12. How did you find out about our server?
My friend Adoroam, as I mentioned before.

13. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
Yes, but when I typed my MC username and clicked Vote, it changed to Voting... and stayed like that. I got no confirmation that my vote was counted or entered in. Any ideas? I tried refreshing to no avail.​