Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Vigilant order of Slayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
There is no proof that witches float, and if you are wrong and she isnt a witch you will kill her.
Not to mention, that the crime she was accused of was murder, NOT being a witch.
Furthermore, being a witch isnt even illegal in altera!

S

Stevey

The concept of logically deducted proof is not something that came about until the renaissance of the 12th century, and even then it was only amongst a very small group of educated elite in very advanced countries in wealthy cities/courts. And it was just a concept, not a system or structure.

For the common folk an accusation and a hairy pimple on a woman's nose was proof enough. A lord's word also carried a great deal of weight, he would just get away with execution without much 'proof'.

That's if you want to really get technical, but the point I'm trying to make is that people are a bit too fixed on concepts of a fair trial and justice. I'm not saying we should go around prosecuting everyone without a trial, but if at every trial someone jumps off their chair shouting human rights, calling them savages or ties themselves to a tree in protest we will never be able to have a single trial. It's all in roleplay anyway.

And yes I just had my medieval history exams :p

fencible

tiny.cc/HW_Texture_Pack 
Witches float, murderers float, I can't think of a better way to seperate them from the regular sinking public

madyson0915

Lord of Altera
Everyone..is...being...so...hostile.
Seriously, this group of slayers is a fun idea, but some seem to have taken it to extreems. I see that there is an argument about the just-ness of the trials but let me ask this ooc of course Did you have fun at the rp trials? It seems to me that good always triumphs over evil. I believe the slayers are in their minds, being better for their perception of the greater good. I even believe that some people enjoy having that risk of being captured and imprisoned for being a "monster" and from it come fabulous rp. Setting up a safe house away from the slayers... things like that. I understand that you guys are only getting the "bad" guys Hehehehe Dexter..... But rumours...oh glorious rumours... have spread. I think if we rework this just a little bit, then we can have another antagonist in altera other than corruption and stuff. (dont get me wrong corruption rp is just awesome) but to be honest, having that little thrill of danger in our rp could be really fun!

OptimisticTincan

Lord of Altera
I think that half the people on this thread are in RP and half are OOC. I for one am most definetly and do not actually want you to come to my house and drown me... I am however hinting that I want the slayers to come at my RP character so I can eat there face.

Never mind, I just realized baiting a huge group of monster haters after me is a terrible idea...

I SINK, I SINK!!!!!

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Lars... Renaisance wasnt until 15th and 16th century, but that helps your point :p.
But just because people back then didnt need any proof doesnt mean that you arnt murdering innocents on unfair trials for crimes that dont even make sense.
And as such, those of us that do believe in a fair trial (romans and greeks for example) will be against you :p

S

Stevey

Lars... Renaisance wasnt until 15th and 16th century, but that helps your point :p.
But just because people back then didnt need any proof doesnt mean that you arnt murdering innocents on unfair trials for crimes that dont even make sense.
And as such, those of us that do believe in a fair trial (romans and greeks for example) will be against you :p
I said the renaissance of the 12th century ;) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_of_the_12th_century
There was even another one before that in the 9th century :p

Anyway the fact that we don't provide proof doesn't mean the person is innocent, nor that the crime doesn't make sense. These are your opinions. I'm not defending the trial, but I'm using the same logic you like to use often ;)

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Lol i never knew about renaisances earlier. You learn new stuff everyday!
Anyway, my point about the witch hunts are thus.
Bette was put on trial for the murder of Canoli.
Before the defence was finished speaking, the judge decided to make the verdict up to a "witch dunking" Regardless of how people didnt need much evidence back then, this was just illogical.
Bette was accused of murder, not of being a witch.
Testing to see if she is a witch has no bearing on wether or not she killed someone
Being a witch isnt illegal in Altera.

So the whole set up was blatantly illogical. People of the era may have been a little "burn em at the stake-happy" but they at least they passed verdicts for the right crime.
And leo, while this is medieval, Roman, Greek and ancient world styles and cultures are all accepteable.

S

Stevey

I think it turned into a witch hunt because bette had to go irl and decided to run off :p

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
OOooooh so thats why she left.
Well then, are the slayers now against witches?

S

Stevey

A metaphorical witch hunt, I don't know I was half afk during the entire thing.

ZaneCelmer

Hollows Explorer
As a white wizard i have been opened to the way life flows from one being to another. I have seen flashes of the strings that tie all of us together, therefore I am against these Slayers. They destroy life not knowing how important that life form really is, reguardless of how mangled and monsterous it may seem. There is evil and monstrosity in us all, and to go out and kill such things would end up killing everything... Refugees! Dont be afraid to ask for my assistance. Your identity is safe with me, your secrets and wrong-doings even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.